• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla Top 25 Week 10 2013

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Baylor went undefeated they would never pass FL St.

The human element wouldnt allow it.

Baylor would jump OSU I think.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect from who?

I think they are getting plenty of respect.

THey are a fantastic football team and will be very difficult for anyone to beat.
Politician response. They are #1 in the computers and yet I'm sure you have Oregon #1 for their win over a bunch of non ranked teams

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Politician response. They are #1 in the computers and yet I'm sure you have Oregon #1 for their win over a bunch of non ranked teams

I have Alabama #1.

Oregon beats teams then they go in the tank... Just how it works. Handing out demoralizing losses since 2009.

Wait to see the curb stomping of Stanford. #5 team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Alabama #1.

Oregon beats teams then they go in the tank... Just how it works. Handing out demoralizing losses since 2009.

Wait to see the curb stomping of Stanford. #5 team.
So you're basing your current ranking off the assumption that they'll curb stomp in the future when there is a team that has already curbstomped 2 otherwise top 10 teams? :L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're basing your current ranking off the assumption that they'll curb stomp in the future when there is a team that has already curbstomped 2 top 10 teams?

Ya. Oregon shouldn't even be ranked. It is clear they haven't proven a thing this season.

Good thing the rest of the voters and computers disagree with you.

Some people.. Holy Smokes...:laugh3:

Wait for it to pan out. It really doesnt matter right now. Look at things after all the games have been played and get back to me on who has a better schedule. That is if the 2 are still both unbeaten.

Oregon actually has a schedule with all winning teams left.... FSU, not so much.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya. Oregon shouldn't even be ranked. It is clear they haven't proven a thing this season.

Good thing the rest of the voters and computers disagree with you.

Some people.. Holy Smokes...:laugh3:

Wait for it to pan out. It really doesnt matter right now. Look at things after all the games have been played and get back to me on who has a better schedule. That is if the 2 are still both unbeaten.

Oregon actually has a schedule with all winning teams left.... FSU, not so much.
Oregon has proven they are a top team. Florida St has proven a whole heck of a lot more.

You are correct in that itll matter more at the end of the season but if Oregon is already in the lead, Florida St has already lost the argument before Oregon has even proven itself. I'll likely have Oregon in my top 2 line if they win out but they aren't there yet. Obviously this is playing out in real life and Oregon and Bama are in the driver's seat.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has proven they are a top team. Florida St has proven a whole heck of a lot more.

You are correct in that itll matter more at the end of the season but if Oregon is already in the lead, Florida St has already lost the argument before Oregon has even proven itself. I'll likely have Oregon in my top 2 line if they win out but they aren't there yet.

How do we really know? Do we know for sure that Clemson is better than UCLA?

Do we know for sure UW is better than Miami?

According to the voters they are better.

Its so subjective nobody can really say for sure who has beat the better opponents.

Ultimately though, lots of football games left for Oregon. They have to handle business before it even matters.

If there is more than 2 AQ undefeated sure would be nice for a playoff this year because somebody is getting screwed out of a chance.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly the team that has proven the least of the top 3 is Bama ( a seven point win over A&M in a game they gave up 42 points in hardly super quality). That said hardly anyone is basing their top 25 off of solely this years results. Its human nature to include past success in your polls. Realistically based solely on performance THIS year its tough to see how youd have anyone other than FSU number 1 but it is what it is.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is not a very good team.

Clemson was a good win though.

You sir are a dumbass.

Miami actually gave Florida State some fight. Those boys are for real. Clemson is a bunch of overrated pussies. Yes, they pulled a Clemson vs FSU. That's why they are Clemson. They are overrated and always will be. Just because they lucked out vs Georgia and LSU.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does it mean something for just completely dominating your opponent?

Bama has killed every one for several weeks straight.

To me nobody is close to that team.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir are a dumbass.

Miami actually gave Florida State some fight. Those boys are for real. Clemson is a bunch of overrated pussies. Yes, they pulled a Clemson vs FSU. That's why they are Clemson. They are overrated and always will be. Just because they lucked out vs Georgia and LSU.

Thanks for the compliment. Coming from you it means a lot.

:L

Miami has struggled with some very weak opponents. They had 13 turnovers in a stretch of 3 games vs GA Tech, North Carolina, and South Florida. ANd they squeaked by an anemic Wake Forest team.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To back up my point:
Bama is 2-0 vs top 25 teams this year, average win margin is 16, average opponents rank for top 25 games is 13.5.
Oregon is 2-0 vs top 25 teams this year, average win margin is 24.5, average opponents rank for top 25 games is 14.
FSU is 3-0 vs top 25 teams this year, average win margin is 42, average opponents rank for top 25 games is 11.7.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the compliment. Coming from you it means a lot.

:L

Miami has struggled with some very weak opponents. They had 13 turnovers in a stretch of 3 games vs GA Tech, North Carolina, and South Florida. ANd they squeaked by an anemic Wake Forest team.

Ok don't take it personal Mr Mamba. If you're saying that because it was on the road and the margin of victory was greater vs Clemson than Miami than yes, it was a better win. But Clemson straight gave up in the first half. They pussied out. Miami was a better challenge than Clemson, and they are also a better team. More physical on offense and defense than Clemson by far. And more disciplined. Miami is a much better team than Clemson and its not even close. The only reason Miami isn't completely better than Clemson is because they have Jacorey Harris 2.0 at QB in Stephen Morris. Lots of potential, but just not a great QB.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok don't take it personal Mr Mamba. If you're saying that because it was on the road and the margin of victory was greater vs Clemson than Miami than yes, it was a better win. But Clemson straight gave up in the first half. They pussied out. Miami was a better challenge than Clemson, and they are also a better team. More physical on offense and defense than Clemson by far. And more disciplined. Miami is a much better team than Clemson and its not even close. The only reason Miami isn't completely better than Clemson is because they have Jacorey Harris 2.0 at QB in Stephen Morris. Lots of potential, but just not a great QB.

I agree and think Miami gave their in state rival a better game than that of the effort Clemson put forth.

But from what I have seen Clemson is a better football team than Miami.

No need to be so quick with getting your jimmies rustled...

:suds:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#18 gonna shock the world!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#18 gonna shock the world!

nuts.gif

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas over BYU is a pretty epic fail

I don't think so.

Texas lost to BYU and Ole Miss with a combined record of 11-5 with their biggest win being Oklahoma
BYU lost to Virginia and Utah with a combined record of 6-11 with their biggest win being Houston or Texas.

Transitive property does not apply in football. Texas lost to teams that have winning records and BYU didn't. Texas has a big win over a ranked opponent and BYU does not.

The only argument for BYU is their opponents are 41-28 overall and Texas's is 29-37 overall.

IMO two shitty loses with a decent win does not beat 2 decent loses and a big win.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so.

Texas lost to BYU and Ole Miss with a combined record of 11-5 with their biggest win being Oklahoma
BYU lost to Virginia and Utah with a combined record of 6-11 with their biggest win being Houston or Texas.

Transitive property does not apply in football. Texas lost to teams that have winning records and BYU didn't. Texas has a big win over a ranked opponent and BYU does not.

The only argument for BYU is their opponents are 41-28 overall and Texas's is 29-37 overall.

IMO two shitty loses with a decent win does not beat 2 decent loses and a big win.
Iowa St, Iowa St, Iowa St

Iowa St? Iowa St!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia, Virginia, Virginia

Virginia? Virginia!
Different argument. You're comparing a team's second loss to a bad team to a team that need 3 or 4 calls to go there way to avoid a third loss to a bad team.

BYU plays Wisconsin. This will work itself out.