• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News: Top 25 QB's 2018

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewerke? Really? Man, there are a lot of people saying a ton in Michigan State that I just don’t see that is deserved as of yet.

I agree. He is a dual threat, so he is fun to watch, but I think ISU' Kempf and Iowa's Stanley better.

I am kind of s surprised one of Terps QB didn't make the list.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets the money I've heard on the radio he's be stupid to not play baseball. QB for OU doesn't pay near that much.
You guys need to increase your pay scale.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewerke? Really? Man, there are a lot of people saying a ton in Michigan State that I just don’t see that is deserved as of yet.

Quite honestly I don't get it either. I can see MSU being ranked highly as a team but people are really high on Lewerke; who's had nothing but average stats all around as a starter.

I agree. He is a dual threat, so he is fun to watch, but I think ISU' Kempf and Iowa's Stanley better.

I am kind of s surprised one of Terps QB didn't make the list.

Brian Lewerke sends you doubters a face palm and a hair palm.

B0t7HzWIEAAYkAO.jpg

800.jpeg

ows_150792400922890.jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It has a Texas QB on the list. My bad, that’s North Texas.

I don't think a Texas QB should be on the list. I don't OU should have a QB on the list. Top 5-10 should be proven guys that have had consistent success. The list is a ton of speculation. It's not uncommon for young QBs to have success early, then a good DC digs into the tape, and then he looks young again as that DC found the holes in his game. QBs that move on or have great success late are the ones that make the adjustment, some can't.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Tagovailoa looked fantastic or anything, just capable. Could actually go through a progression, not just 1-read-n-tuck-it, like Hurts.

It never made sense to me why Bama wanted a QB that runs as much as JH does, and passed so erratically. They almost always have a dominant OL and a stable of 5-star RB's. Seems like you just want a guy who can hand-off and execute play-action well.

On Fromm, there's going to be more weight on his shoulders with Chubb and Michel gone. We'll see if he's up to it (I predict yes) or sophomore slump time.

Jake is at #17, doing good to be there. Has to become more consistent, and start showing up in big games. He's literally looked like a deer-in-the-headlights at times against Tater U last 2 years. He sails balls at times, too, like bad.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while Fromm had a great season for a true freshman last season, let's see how he does without a first round RB and an RB that went near the top of the second round before calling him top 3.

IMHO you will be at least as good as last year with your RBs. You have a young stud that is better than either of last year's dynamic duo. If he stays healthy then the sky is the limit.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think Tua is the real deal, I'd like to see him play a little more before putting him that high.
Totally agree, he has what, all one one half under his belt?
Coaches and players have a little bit on him now to make adjustments moving forward. Prob a fine QB down the road but right now... No, he needs to prove a little more, much like several on that list.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to find out what these guys are capable of and if any are NFL ready I'm going to have to watch them all season. Maybe I'll be able to evaluate them better than Mel Kiper LOL

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a real issue with putting a true freshman in Lawrence on the list, and then listing two QBs from the same team multiple times.
If the coaches don't play favorites and go with talent, he'll prove it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO you will be at least as good as last year with your RBs. You have a young stud that is better than either of last year's dynamic duo. If he stays healthy then the sky is the limit.

I agree, but you have to see it in action first.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the coaches don't play favorites and go with talent, he'll prove it.

Eh, Fields will wind up being the better QB of the two, but Fields will probably have to sit longer.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts is the 3rd best QB on Alabama.....Mac Jones is even better than him.

Mac Jones was playing against our 2nd string secondary.

In a year when we've had a huge amount of turnover in our secondary and have a lot of people to replace.

Probably a better passer, but people seem to forget what Jalen can do with his legs.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Tagovailoa looked fantastic or anything, just capable. Could actually go through a progression, not just 1-read-n-tuck-it, like Hurts.

It never made sense to me why Bama wanted a QB that runs as much as JH does, and passed so erratically. They almost always have a dominant OL and a stable of 5-star RB's. Seems like you just want a guy who can hand-off and execute play-action well.

On Fromm, there's going to be more weight on his shoulders with Chubb and Michel gone. We'll see if he's up to it (I predict yes) or sophomore slump time.

Jake is at #17, doing good to be there. Has to become more consistent, and start showing up in big games. He's literally looked like a deer-in-the-headlights at times against Tater U last 2 years. He sails balls at times, too, like bad.

Really? I thought Tua was spectacular. As a freshman, on the biggest stage in college football, taking the first meaningful snaps of his life, leading a lifeless offense against easily one of the best defenses in the nation with the pressure on. I thought he killed it. Let’s see what he can do. I think he’s going to be a stud. I’m pulling for him. He seems like a good dude and I like his story.