• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News: Top 25 QB's 2018

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who dat? We must be talking about two different teams.

They were the top 2 ranked QB recruits in the country last year. The faggy long haired one went to CLemson, the other went to Georgia.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to see Lawerence win the job. I’m sorry but I think Kelly Bryant sucks. #13 on this list. No way.
I'd like to see Trevor start too, but something tells me they will go with Bryant based on experience. My issue with Bryant is that he can't throw down field beyond 10 yards with any accuracy. I love that he's fairly quick and can run, but then again that bites him in the ass too, because he will pull the ball down and take off instead of going through his progressions.

I think we'll see Bryant start in our opener against Furman and then see Lawrence get rotated in to see how he handles it. We have A&M for our 2nd game, so I hope the coaches get it right. And by "right" I mean Trevor Lawrence.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were the top 2 ranked QB recruits in the country last year. The faggy long haired one went to CLemson, the other went to Georgia.
Oh, in that case .... get the fuck out of here! Trevor Lawrence will be the better QB.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock and Browning are better than the others in top 7.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Tagovailoa looked fantastic or anything, just capable. Could actually go through a progression, not just 1-read-n-tuck-it, like Hurts.

It never made sense to me why Bama wanted a QB that runs as much as JH does, and passed so erratically. They almost always have a dominant OL and a stable of 5-star RB's. Seems like you just want a guy who can hand-off and execute play-action well.

On Fromm, there's going to be more weight on his shoulders with Chubb and Michel gone. We'll see if he's up to it (I predict yes) or sophomore slump time.

Jake is at #17, doing good to be there. Has to become more consistent, and start showing up in big games. He's literally looked like a deer-in-the-headlights at times against Tater U last 2 years. He sails balls at times, too, like bad.

Tua makes freshman mistakes. Like the play where he threw the ball into the the backs of people instead of throwing it out of bounds.

But the hype is all about his release and play's like the final play of the game where he made a play that many QB's can't make and he nailed it like a veteran. He's very accurate, has the arm and has no trouble reading the defenses. And he did it on the biggest stage with the most pressure you could put on him possible. The whole thing was like a movie - but if a movie put in that ending everyone would go "bullshit".

Provided he can clear up the freshman mistakes, he should prove to be top10 minimum. He looks to be special.

I honestly hate our offense and I agree, it makes no sense to me. I hate the way people bash and blame Jalen over it, but I'll take a prostyle offense like we had with AJ without even thinking twice about it. I think Kiffin had a good bit to do with it. Also, Jalen started as a true freshman because apparently Blake Barnett is a head case.

And people give Jalen way too much shit, he's not as bad as people claim. It's only the better defenses than can stop him, and even then with his running ability they struggle. The problem is converting on 3rd down consistently and keeping drives alive. Our offense has tons of explosive plays, but then it struggles to make long drives and keep the offense on the field. It's like we either score a TD or we go 3 and out. If we get a first down or 2, then probably end up with a FG. If he could just pass a little better and start converting on slants and things over the middle of the field, he would do so much better. He's smart with the football, but seems to have lost confidence in himself and regressed last year. But he is just a Jr next year, most QB's don't even start until this year.

Don't see how he beats Tua though.