• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speight done for year

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, just the way I feel after that Iowa game. I called that loss early on and you said the same thing. That doesn't mean I don't hope we win it just means I don't think it's likely. OSU has a lot of team speed, they're going to gash our LB's on the edge and our offense will likely be shut down with a backup Qb. That leads to some bad things happening @Ohio Stadium.
Goddamn you remind me of Great Dayne.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Korn is 13 for 18 for 114 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs this season in garbage time. So not bad garbage time stats.

ok, fair enough. but as you say, that was garbage time - up against much lesser defenses than tOSU's..... 2nd/3rd string defenses from Hawaii, UCF, Rutgers, Maryland.........

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, just the way I feel after that Iowa game. I called that loss early on and you said the same thing. That doesn't mean I don't hope we win it just means I don't think it's likely. OSU has a lot of team speed, they're going to gash our LB's on the edge and our offense will likely be shut down with a backup Qb. That leads to some bad things happening @Ohio Stadium.

I approve this message.........

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddamn you remind me of Great Dayne.
We have to win sooner or later against them, but being @OSU I just don't think we have a great chance trying to install a new QB two games before the game. O'Korn essentially has two weeks to prepare for the #2/#3 ranked team in the country in their own stadium. If anyone can perform the miracle it's Harbaugh but after Iowa, I just don't have a lot of hope.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to win sooner or later against them, but being @OSU I just don't think we have a great chance trying to install a new QB two games before the game. O'Korn essentially has two weeks to prepare for the #2/#3 ranked team in the country in their own stadium. If anyone can perform the miracle it's Harbaugh but after Iowa, I just don't have a lot of hope.

No. No, you don't.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see someone get injured, no matter who they play for. He exceeded my expectations this year for sure.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana is a dangerous team from what I've seen. the PSU/Hoosiers score wasn't a clear indication of how that game went. Indiana defense could get a spark from this.....

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of this... No game tape on the new guy and the pressure will be off him because he knows Harbs has no one else (no way he's trotting Sugar Shane out there)...

Not enjoying the OSU 2014 season parallels atm...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard of any other qb playing much this year for the maize and blue.......

The backup QB's have seen some decent time this year, having appeared in 6 out of the 10 games. I don't think it will matter too much, but they've gotten some decent time this year, due to several blowout wins.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backup QB's have seen some decent time this year, having appeared in 6 out of the 10 games. I don't think it will matter too much, but they've gotten some decent time this year, due to several blowout wins.

you think korn will walk in and pick up where Speight left off? in 12 days he'll be in louder than hell Ohio Stadium, not a good place to try out a new arm....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for Michigan to end the regular season?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you're in heaven now. You've been waiting for him to be benched/out of the starting role for a while now. Congrats
Speight was never going to be the difference between beating OSU or not. Fans whom think that are delusional. It'a all up to the defense and both lines offensively and defensively. He was just a game manager. I would personally have a new HB out there. Evans and possibly even Peppers since we have a solid secondary already and the LB core is what it is.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speight was never going to be the difference between beating OSU or not. Fans whom think that are delusional. It'a all up to the defense and both lines offensively and defensively. He was just a game manager. I would personally have a new HB out there. Evans and possibly even Peppers since we have a solid secondary already and the LB core is what it is.

Well at least you guys have a game manager. For some reason we put our faith in an immoble noodle arm QB that has a 1:1 TD:int ratio. Our backup has a better comp%, TD:int ratio, pocket awareness and mobility. Yet he gets maybe a couple series' a game. :gaah:

However, since you guys have an elite defense like us you will still keep the game close. I think Peppers is the WC in that game. He can put the team on his back and carry them to the W.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers should be full time RB. It was proven in last years bowl game that you don't even need him on defense, but I feel like it makes the offense much more dynamic. And I am talking about giving Smith's plays to him. Run him and Evans all day.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers should be full time RB. It was proven in last years bowl game that you don't even need him on defense, but I feel like it makes the offense much more dynamic. And I am talking about giving Smith's plays to him. Run him and Evans all day.

I honestly didn't even notice him on defense during our game. We kicked away from him so the only time I was nervous was when he was in the wildcat formation. He's still a good defensive player but his energy should be on the offensive side since that's where the struggles are. You don't really have a game breaker at RB and he would be that guy. He can catch out of the backfield as well. He might need to add a couple pounds but he would dominate.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn't even notice him on defense during our game. We kicked away from him so the only time I was nervous was when he was in the wildcat formation. He's still a good defensive player but his energy should be on the offensive side since that's where the struggles are. You don't really have a game breaker at RB and he would be that guy. He can catch out of the backfield as well. He might need to add a couple pounds but he would dominate.
Yeah I fully understand he will be drafted as a Safety most likely and would excel. But we have adequate depth in the secondary. Use him most where he makes the greatest impact. Make him our Samuel of OSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think korn will walk in and pick up where Speight left off? in 12 days he'll be in louder than hell Ohio Stadium, not a good place to try out a new arm....
I don't think he will pick up where Speight left off. They are two different type of players. O'Korn is more mobile. Speight is bigger and from what the staff said -- Speight throws a better deep ball.

The one thing about O'Korn is -- he started at Houston as a true freshman and threw for 30 tds. He lost the job when they switched OC to Greg Ward (sp). So he has some experience. It has just been a while

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will pick up where Speight left off. They are two different type of players. O'Korn is more mobile. Speight is bigger and from what the staff said -- Speight throws a better deep ball.

The one thing about O'Korn is -- he started at Houston as a true freshman and threw for 30 tds. He lost the job when they switched OC to Greg Ward (sp). So he has some experience. It has just been a while
I don't buy it. His accuracy looked like shit in half the games.