• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sound's like Coach Montgomery is having a positive effect with the players.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a Q&A in the Oklahoman with Charles Tapper. Pretty neat interview. We all know Tapper is a beast and the sky is the limit with this guy and a plethora of people are already looking at this Junior to be. One thing that I liked in his interview is the effect that Coach Montgomery is having with his players. Coach Montgomery has only been there for a year now and already the d-line respect the man. Tapper had already been at OU a couple of years, but yet he understands that he's got a lot of work to do and Coach Montgomery.

Oklahoma football Q&A: Defensive lineman Charles Tapper weighs in on Sugar Bowl, where he needs to improve | News OK

How would you characterize the defense’s swagger right now?

We like to get at that quarterback, third down, we know to let the dogs loose. It’s like the cops let pitbulls loose to go get them guys, that’s what Coach (Jerry) Montgomery says: “Be the police dogs; let the dogs loose.”

What do you have to do to take your game to another level?

My technique, putting on some weight and just staying in shape, and just staying in the film room a lot. Understanding the game of football still, and playing technique, listening to Coach Mont. Last year I settled for a lot of bull rushes, so playing the edge and playing that 3-technique and making more plays on the quarterback would be my biggest thing.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boulware, Bedenbaugh and Montgomery have all been great additions to the staff. Can't wait to see the O and D lines next season.