• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SOS Rankings Thru Week 12

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...that would be why Florida is 19 and Alabama is 52....struggling with the reading again.

If you would like to list the 69 teams who have a better SOS than Alabama I'm all ears.
???
I could .. but let's just point out the teams just ahead of you
… Assuming you graduated from college (I have to ask) -- how can your mind accept Florida with 2 FCS team on their schedule can have a 19 SOS -- I mean do you just not Count those games???

Florida has around a 65 SOS
which makes
Arkansas St 66
Navy 67
Air Force 68
Oregon at 69

That is the ball park area of where Alabama's SOS is right now...

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Auburn
2. Mississippi State
3. Michigan State
4. Iowa State
5. South Carolina
6. West Virginia
7. Texas
8. USC
9. TCU
10. Stanford

Other Notables:
13. LSU
18. Iowa
19. Florida
25. Michigan
28. Penn State
30. Notre Dame
31. Oklahoma
35. Wisconsin
36. UGA
41. Baylor
45. Oregon
48. Utah
51. Ohio State
52. Alabama
60. Minnesota
68. Clemson

eh. so fucking what. OSU's SOS is going to climb dramatically after the next two games playing #9 & #12.....

At least OSU actually has tough meaningful games instead of cupcake gimme wins like clemmy and lswho has lined up.....

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can osu be at 51 (as I’ve been saying all year) when all their fans have been me I’m wrong and they have a hard schedule

dropped 17 places overnight, and it’s not at the bottom yet

so, you think playing michigan is going to drop their SOS?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???
I could .. but let's just point out the teams just ahead of you
… Assuming you graduated from college (I have to ask) -- how can your mind accept Florida with 2 FCS team on their schedule can have a 19 SOS -- I mean do you just not Count those games???

Florida has around a 65 SOS
which makes
Arkansas St 66 101
Navy 67 78
Air Force 68 81
Oregon at 69 45

That is the ball park area of where Alabama's SOS is right now...

I think it's fair to say that one of us in this conversation has a STEM degree and an MBA and it's not you....

Are you pulling these SOS numbers out of your ass...or would you care to share your "source". When somebody says something vague like "Florida has around a 65 SOS", I sort of assume that a. That person has no idea how to remotely calculate even the most rudimentary SOS ranking, and b. any numbers they list after that are probably bullshit.

OP is using Sagarin, while admittedly not my favorite is at least a reference we can all consult.

They have Florida at 19 because of Auburn, LSU and Georgia, and Miami and FSU, not because of Towson and UT Martin. 90% of FBS teams play at least one FCS team...99% don't play #1, #4 and #16.

You are high as giraffe pussy if you think any of the G5 teams you listed have a higher SOS than Alabama....or Oregon for that matter. I bolded the Sagarin rankings next to your "rankings" for the curious.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to say that one of us in this conversation has a STEM degree and an MBA and it's not you....

Are you pulling these SOS numbers out of your ass...or would you care to share your "source". When somebody says something vague like "Florida has around a 65 SOS", I sort of assume that a. That person has no idea how to remotely calculate even the most rudimentary SOS ranking, and b. any numbers they list after that are probably bullshit.

OP is using Sagarin, while admittedly not my favorite is at least a reference we can all consult.

They have Florida at 19 because of Auburn, LSU and Georgia, and Miami and FSU, not because of Towson and UT Martin. 90% of FBS teams play at least one FCS team...99% don't play #1, #4 and #16.

You are high as giraffe pussy if you think any of the G5 teams you listed have a higher SOS than Alabama....or Oregon for that matter. I bolded the Sagarin rankings next to your "rankings" for the curious.

Well Michigan is about 19 on the SOS ratings... not Florida -- Using that highly trained mind of yours and comparing the 2 schools schedule .. it really isn't even close. If you think it is close then you are just arguing for the sake of arguing...

Back to Florida - 1/6 of Florida's schedule is FCS teams, Miami sounds great until you find out they are in 4th place in the Coastal Division of the ACC with a 6-4 record. (you don't think any one looks at these things)

Adding Kentucky, Tenn., Vandy, and Mizzou … Florida doesn't look like a 19 SOS to me!!

(The Gators have not played FSU yet, so they are not in my the mix)

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Michigan is about 19 on the SOS ratings... not Florida -- Using that highly trained mind of yours and comparing the 2 schools schedule .. it really isn't even close. If you think it is close then you are just arguing for the sake of arguing...

Back to Florida - 1/6 of Florida's schedule is FCS teams, Miami sounds great until you find out they are in 4th place in the Coastal Division of the ACC with a 6-4 record. (you don't think any one looks at these things)

Adding Kentucky, Tenn., Vandy, and Mizzou … Florida doesn't look like a 19 SOS to me!!

Michigan is 25th, not 19th. 19th is Florida.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahh so we've confirmed you are pulling YOUR SOS numbers out of your ass...thanks, no further commenting on your part is required.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bang on the FCS teams (and rightly so)...but the reality is that Michigan has played 2 teams WORSE than Towson (#121) in MTSU (#126) and Rutgers (#134).

Army is also rated low @ #97, as well as Maryland @ #84.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is 25th, not 19th. 19th is Florida.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with Neilcar's super secret squirrel SOS rating system. That's a shame...because it is super...and secret...and...well, you get the picture.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can osu be at 51 (as I’ve been saying all year) when all their fans have been me I’m wrong and they have a hard schedule

No one has been telling you are wrong. We have been telling you that you are a dumbass

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....ummm, they have Michigan and Penn State left, I'm pretty sure their SOS is as low as it will ever go.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will this win move Ohio State within the top 50 SoS in the nation?