• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooooo should doug relinquish Play calling?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we have limited offensive resources, but
-We're running Sproles 25x a game 17 of those times up the middle on short distance
-Fumble Mathews is rotting on the bench
(some say those are Duce's calls, but i'm not so sure)
-We're not spreading the field anymore, with the majority of pass plays leaving the O all bunched up w/in 10 yards of the LOS
-Wentz accuracy has been off since the bye. Yes, he's still completing passes, but the throws aren't right in the breadbasket where they were the month of September

I wouldn't mind seeing what Reich can do.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think wentz's form has been off due to the fact he is spending more time preparing for the game then working on his mechanics. He could really use some time with the coaches going over his throwing mechanics to make sure the ball doesn't get away from him.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug calls plays just like his mentor Andy Reid. They tend to do well early and mid game but when it comes to closing the deal they fold like a lawn chair. The past couple games he has been horribl with his late game play calling. Early in the game I think he is ok with his play calling.

The 4th down play calls were horrible. Take the first 4th down play. The Giants knew what they play call was. Did anyone else notice that none of the Giants defender went for the play fake on the Wentz designed run? The 2nd 4th down play has to be one of the dumbest calls I have ever seen. A power formation with Sproles as the running back? WTF?!?!?

Wentz is doing ok imo. The two interception by Wentz in the 1st qtr were because the ball got away from him not because he made poor decisions. He had the right idea but it appears early on in the game he has issues with his grip and that causes some of the balls to sail on him.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug isn't relinquishing anything, he won't even acknowledge that he's made mistakes to this point. I haven't lost faith in Doug yet, but he has challenged it immensely the last two weeks.

I wouldn't put Mathews in there either if I were on the coaching staff - he has proven over and over again to be unreliable holding on to the ball. Sproles is the only guy they trust right now, even though it's not ideal for him to be the #1. Smallwood is still a rookie probably still learning the O and pass protections, and Barner is just a guy. Mathews has been a big letdown and I think his unreliability has handcuffed the offense with some of the things they want to do in certain situations.

What we're seeing from Wentz is what you would expect to see from a rookie QB. He's going to be inconsistent at times, no real surprise there. I think he'll bounce back and have a good game against Atlanta - their D is not very good and the Eagles have been lights out at home so far this year.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think wentz's form has been off due to the fact he is spending more time preparing for the game then working on his mechanics. He could really use some time with the coaches going over his throwing mechanics to make sure the ball doesn't get away from him.

Yeah, good point. we have 2 good QB coaches that need to straighten out his mechanics.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Parcels told several coaches, never to relinquish calling the plays, so I doubt he ever does. Now, if we had a defensive coach, then he lets the OC call plays. Dallas took play calling away from Garrett, and that proved a good thing.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short answer....no, not yet.

While the Garrett example is a good one these kind of things usually create more nonsense and drama than help. I would rather see the coaches as an entire unit address this together. Work for a solution together. Maybe that does mean Reich takes more play calling late....or has more input.

But I would rather see the solutions come from the coaching staff work together, and not from the word coming above.

Plus....you know that is the approach Lurie always takes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is learning on the job. It's going to be a long rest of the season as he continues to make mistakes. I see 8-8 as the finish now, and it could be worse.

I think he should consider giving Smallwood more reps at RB, and Green-Beckham all the reps over Agholor, who should just take the old Josh Huff KR/#4 WR role.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug is learning on the job. It's going to be a long rest of the season as he continues to make mistakes. I see 8-8 as the finish now, and it could be worse.

I think he should consider giving Smallwood more reps at RB, and Green-Beckham all the reps over Agholor, who should just take the old Josh Huff KR/#4 WR role.

agree 100%, as usual.

I think Truggs has earned more time as well - maybe BEFORE you give it to GB.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As ridiculous as some of his calls were ( power QB run?), I like aggressiveness.

The issues with this team are the same when we though Sam was the QB. They didn't just go away because we had a hot start.

The team needs new people at some spots, our QB needs some time to refine his game and our coach is indeed learning on the job. Spend the offseason making Wentz as comfortable as possible.

And give Fipp whatever he wants.