• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something positive about Mike Riley...

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw that this morning. just another confirmation on why Bo needed to go.

also i see the points to no o-line rotation and it's not so much i think they need to rotate every other series, just if you are going no where, what's it hurt to sub-in a guy and see if he can get some push? also for depth sake, o-line injuries are usually pretty common.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I have ever been truly negative on Riley. I did not like the hire, but I have never asked for him to be fired. Riley did some dumb stuff throughout the season and so did Langsdorf, but they improved sort of.

I have been truly negative on Eichorst and Banker. I did say Banker should never be allowed with 500 miles of Lincoln, and then Riley hired him.

Riley did good when he got rid of Hughes, he was a weak link, but not one of his good ol buddies. If Special Teams does not improve, I expect Read to have a limited future. Since the receivers are doing the returning, Keith Williams could easily handle the job, and give him a pay raise. Again.

if the defense does not improve to, I will set the bar low, #40 or better, I think Banker can take a hike. That means from 400 yards allowed per game to 365 yards per game. Banker was given a pretty good defense with bad linebackers, and made a pretty bad defense with a pass defense that was so porous people actually chose to pass on Nebraska instead of run. Sort of funny, Riley fires the guy that coached the defensive line which was #9 in the nation against the rush. Someone had to take the blame for the bad defense.(not to mention his lack of recruiting and poor relations with the players supposedly)

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually Ross defended Bo today....my computer wont copy and paste though

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, i saw that article with Ross defending Bo. I just think Bo was stuck in his ways and didn't take a lot of outside advice, it's why he promoted JP as opposed to hiring a real DC. his scheme had too many checks and young guys couldn't figure it out quick enough and were slower on the field because of it. the rush defense suffered because of it.

as far as our current D, i think the improvement HIB10 is suggested is warranted, the DB talent is there for this coming year, the guys coming in and off redshirt and not to mention both CBs who started the Bowl, Nate Gerry and Williams/Reed who got a lot of time when Gerry got ejected in the last couple of games, just good experience and will only get better.