• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something big in the mix

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like the best of both worlds. Shane can learn from Hite, with the help of KJ, and yet we gain Shane's recruiting prowess. I didn't realize he was RB coach for a year at Miss. St.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great news! I'm really happy to see KJ being brought into the fold also.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i hope big beamer and Co are ready to listen to any/all ideas shane has when it comes to recruiting. Hopefully between he and TG we get up to date with facebook/twitter/etc. I wonder which recruiting area he will get? i want to leave him in the carolina's, georgia, and fla. We picked up a great tool today, i hope we use it.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news and somewhat to be expected at some point in time. Shane will definitely help out with recruiting and if Jones is back to help out with the RBs, then I don't see us missing a beat with Hite moving out of the coaching ranks. Some new blood with Shane and Gray could help 'connect' with the higher profile recruits especially after Shane has pulled in some great classes at USC.

Now if only we could also get Ralph to take over the OC duties from Stinespring and have him move back to OL getting rid of Newsome, I think we'd be set. Hell, go ahead and name Stinespring "Assistant Head Coach" to make it more of a lateral move instead of a demotion even though we all know that Foster should have that 'title'.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the big news on Greg Roberts show on my way home. Really excited to be getting Shane Beamer back in Blacksburg. They made no mention of Jones, but if that comes into fruition they would make a very a good team at the RB coaches positions, I think Lee Suggs would be a no-brainer too. I think the biggest impact Beamer will have is in recruiting. He knows the southeast from his stints at SC, Miss. St. and Tennessee and it looks like VT is getting established in the region. Could spell major trouble for the ACC in a couple more years if we can start pulling some studs out of the region:D..Also, a big hats off to Coach Hite, he is one of the coaches I have no complaints about over the years. He has helped pull in some great talent and I don't think anyone would argue that the best RB's to ever play at Tech were during his tenure (Suggs, KJ, Evans, and Williams, etc.). His "stallions" have been a big reason for VTs success in the last 20 years.Good luck to Billy in his future position..

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wonder how much player contact Hite is allowed to have @ his new position? If he can still have regular player contact and be allowed to watch practice/film etc, he could be a huge behind the scenes type of guy and another great "teacher" for shane.

sidenote: IMO shane makes our staff a lot more flexible. He will start out @ RB coach but could also move over to cav's spot when he retires or if (please no) TG were to ever leave shane would be a quick replacement as DB's coach. <---- a safety net of sorts.

another sidenote:Now that Hite is gone, i wonder how long it will take before Cav retires? I had heard rumors that this would be his last season, but that was between the ACCcg and the OB so i figure if true would have broke before now (especially before hite since that was somewhat of a surprise).

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman put together a nice resume for Shane Beamer on HH..I particularly like the last part of his analysis...

HokieHaven.com - Profile: Shane Beamer

"Replacing Billy Hite's coaching experience, who was the longest tenured assistant coach at any school in the country, will be tough. Hite had been at Virginia Tech for 33 years and has sent 26 running backs onto the next level, from Cyrus Lawerence to Ken Oxendine to Lee Suggs to Kevin Jones and more with, Ryan Williams and Darren Evans. Early in his career Hite was a terror as a recruiter, but in recent years his region has been narrowed drastically, so the addition of Beamer, who has been a recruiting coordinator in the SEC since 2004, will be a boost in that department. This is a terrific hire for the Virginia Tech program, as the Hokies add a young, energetic, tenacious recruiter that has proven to connect well with prospective athletes, which could be a big-time shot in the arm for Virginia Tech's recruiting approach."

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a couple of friends send me almost the exact same thing today. Here's what one of them sent to me...

Also saw on TSL boards that Friegden to OC almost 80% official now. Someone with inside info said they are talking money now and that we are competing with a TV network for his services (he might have an analyst job somewhere next year too). Stiney to possibly move to QB coach and focus more on recruiting, and O’Cain would be out.

Interesting stuff.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a couple of friends send me almost the exact same thing today. Here's what one of them sent to me...

Also saw on TSL boards that Friegden to OC almost 80% official now. Someone with inside info said they are talking money now and that we are competing with a TV network for his services (he might have an analyst job somewhere next year too). Stiney to possibly move to QB coach and focus more on recruiting, and O’Cain would be out.

Interesting stuff.

I saw a link to a Maryland board earlier claiming Fridge to VT as QB coach, but then Kyle Tucker seemed to debunk that. Is there more to it than this? That would be interesting and complete an impressive overhaul of the staff if true.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ecstatic if the Fridge to OC rumor does come to fruition. Maybe a last ditch effort by Beamer to get a NC before retiring in a few years.

I would love to see what the offense could produce with the recruiting and coaching changes. I see the defense remaining steady and having an offense that could consistently crack the top 25 nationally would put us in a legitimate position for a NC. I just want ONE! That's all I ask.

Va Tech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does anyone have any new news about the fridge coming to tech?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ecstatic if the Fridge to OC rumor does come to fruition. Maybe a last ditch effort by Beamer to get a NC before retiring in a few years.

I would love to see what the offense could produce with the recruiting and coaching changes. I see the defense remaining steady and having an offense that could consistently crack the top 25 nationally would put us in a legitimate position for a NC. I just want ONE! That's all I ask.

amen brother

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear a lot about fridge. The problem is none of It comes from anyone that I really know personally so I cannot vouch for them or their sources. The real good sources I have only hear it as message board stuff.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ah 46 p00p 757 sparks? where the hell are you guys?????

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nothing really nothing at all. Been a slow day for ftball news but i guess thats to be expected after the biggest week in recent VT history:) i guess i've kinda gotten spoiled with all the news here recently, i was hoping to come home and find out that MV1 was coming back to finish his eligibility and then becoming recruiting coordinator after winning 2 national championships.:p;)