• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some teams I have gained a lot of respect for this season.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama - This does not mean I like them, but I will give them the respect they deserve. They have earned the coverage they have gotten from the media by winning. Yes, I know they lost their last 2 games this year, but how many teams get that much talk about losing last 2 games. You get that by winning a ton before those last 2 teams.

Baylor - I think they have established a great program. It wasn't that long ago since they have been a joke of a program. When I mean a joke, they would be lucky if they won 2 games a season. When they got a decent team, I figured it was because they were a 1-and-done team because opponents would figure them out. Then RGIII carried them. Now I am thinking it is established.

UCF - I hope they aren't 1-and-done. I would never have guessed they would come close to a BCS Bowl, but they did. Then I didn't think they had a shot vs Baylor. They destroyed Baylor. They represented AAC very well in the final year of BCS.

Minnesota - They are not all that good of a team, but they showed up every week and play hard. You never know if their coach will be able to stay on the sidelines or not. When I think of him, I keep thinking of the locker room scene in Necessary Roughness where the head coach has indigestion and the assistant has to coach. He quotes (falsely) the head coach, "Win or I'll die." Minnesota doesn't always win but they play like that quote.

Kansas State - They came close to playing in the NCG last season and then started this season losing to FCS team (who ended up winning the NC in FCS). Making a bowl game would have been difficult for them. Snyder picked them up and they beat Michigan (who was a disappointment in the B1G). Still was a big win for K-State.

Teams I want to wait another year or 2 before I gain a lot of respect for them.

Northern Illinois - Need to see if they can do good without Lynch
Duke - Are they established or 1-and-done
Auburn - I hate them, but they made the NCG. Are they going to be like the last time they made it and fall from grace?

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't want your respect.

We want your tears.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate Auburn what have we done to you?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate Auburn what have we done to you?

Flooded the media. More fault of the media, but same reason I hate the Yankees or Lakers.

Okay, I think they earned it because they are in the NCG, but I see Auburn as being in the same boat as Notre Dame last season. I'll I've heard this past month is how FSU's defense won't be able to stop Auburn's offense and that is why Auburn wins. What about FSU's offense vs Auburn's defense? I think FSU has earned enough respect to talk about that more than Auburn has.

I have gained respect for fans of SEC teams this season as well. You guys do a good job keeping it real and understand when you are overrated or know when to boast (like Auburn and Mizzou were underrated all season long). It's just the media coverage of SEC.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we got your media all I see is how unstoppable FSU is and how Vegas has them as a 8.5 point favorite. Regardless I fly out in the morning and will be there win or lose one hell of a season and I can't complain. After going 3-8 and not winning an SEC game last year my soul is healed and grateful for what I have.

WDE!

PS Want to win though!

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what media are you watching/reading? nothing I see is saying Auburn over FSU??

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Auburn's rushing attack is all I've heard about. I understand that is a good matchup to talk about, but I personally believe FSU is going to win on the other side of the ball. But I also thought UCF wouldn't be able to keep up with Baylor either.

If the media was talking about FSU offense at all, it is comparing the two freshman Heisman winners.

And it wasn't just since the bowl games were decided, it's been since people have talked about how 1-loss Auburn (after they beat Alabama) no-doubt deserved to bump undefeated Ohio State (which hindsight changes the view), just because they are in the SEC.

The reason I did list Auburn is because I did gain some respect for what they did, I should have added Mizzou as well. I was just going off the top of my head and didn't list all of them.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I still see Baylor as a KU type of team. I keep expecting the wheels to fall off. Granted, Baylor has a lot better recruiting, but I just don't see them staying near this level for long.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF - I hope they aren't 1-and-done. I would never have guessed they would come close to a BCS Bowl, but they did. Then I didn't think they had a shot vs Baylor. They destroyed Baylor. They represented AAC very well in the final year of BCS.

I would like to see UCF continue their success to the point that the Big XII invites them as a member (along with getting a travel partner for WVU by adding Cincinnati too).

UCF is a huge school, currently the 2nd largest (behind Arizona State) campus in the US based on student population. Since their enrollment has been consistently growing every year, in 2014 UCF will probably surpass Arizona State for the #1 spot (they probably already have surpassed ASU). That equates to a large alumni base. IMO, UCF has the potential to become a consistent power in college football. I wish them luck.

One more word about Cincinnati to the Big XII.....at almost 43,000 students, Cincinnati is the 2nd largest school in the football crazed state of Ohio, which happens to be the 7th largest state in population. IMO, entering into the Ohio market would be a smart move for the Big XII.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I still see Baylor as a KU type of team. I keep expecting the wheels to fall off. Granted, Baylor has a lot better recruiting, but I just don't see them staying near this level for long.

I worked in Nebraska in 2006 for a summer. I remember listening on Omaha's sports radio during Big 12 media days about some Baylor receiver "guaranteeing" that Baylor will play in the Big 12 Championship and win the BCS Bowl. It was one of those things that they had a good laugh about and moved on to next topic, and Baylor went on to suck the next season, never to be talked about.

Can't really laugh at a comment like in these past few years. They were right in the race, and won conference this year.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No LSU?

You is suspect jerms.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan St.

We all expected their defense would be good again, but their offense was a laughing stock early in the year under a 1st year coordinator. When their offense finally got a few games under it's belt they became a dominant team.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no pitt love

Here you go:

pitt_state_football_helmet_house_flag_66698sma.jpg