• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some sad news to pass on - RIP Bossman

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very saddened by hearing this. RIP Bossman it won't be the same without you, even though in my heart I know you'll always be here.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a pleasant fellow. If we're so touched by him, imagine his family & friends in real life. Thoughts & prayers to them, they lost a very special person indeed.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember one time Steve and I were discussing something hockey related on the SportsHoopla board and Steve made some kind of cheeky comment and I responded with something pretty lame (as I often do). Do you know he reached out to me and wanted to make sure I wasn't offended by his remark? I mean I know he was joking and wasn't offended at all, but he was truly concerned about the situation. Just one example of the type of guy he was.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember one time Steve and I were discussing something hockey related on the SportsHoopla board and Steve made some kind of cheeky comment and I responded with something pretty lame (as I often do). Do you know he reached out to me and wanted to make sure I wasn't offended by his remark? I mean I know he was joking and wasn't offended at all, but he was truly concerned about the situation. Just one example of the type of guy he was.

Thanks for sharing this, it goes to show what the human heart can really do & how we have lost one of God's angels. Thanks once again for this post.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved his camaraderie for my Canucks. We shared that "bond" if you will of expansion cousins and like Dash he reached out a couple times when I was also cheeky. He made me laugh, he made me think. Ah crap here I go again with the leaky eyes....

jesus Boss we will meet one day... just not today. at least I know the lawn up there will be empty....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice people on the internet are hard to find. He treated everyone like a person. Really respected the guy. He will be missed no doubt.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Ennis got Boss a goal in the first period - Sabres leading - hopefully they win it for him!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same way Wayne Gretzky is considered such a great ambassador for the game of hockey, I consider Bossman to be a great ambassador to this forum. He was truly a gentleman. RIP & God bless.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice people on the internet are hard to find. He treated everyone like a person. Really respected the guy. He will be missed no doubt.

Very true.

I've shared PMs with hundreds of people here but I can say no one was like Steve. Almost all of us hide behind a username but Steve made a point to always ask about how things were going with me, no matter how menial the purpose of the PM was. And I always had to assure him that he didn't need to apologize for PMing. Makes me feel terrible now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true.

I've shared PMs with hundreds of people here but I can say no one was like Steve. Almost all of us hide behind a username but Steve made a point to always ask about how things were going with me, no matter how menial the purpose of the PM was. And I always had to assure him that he didn't need to apologize for PMing. Makes me feel terrible now.

I think he truly cared about others regardless if whether they were in his real life or some stranger over the internet. Sometimes it's hard to look at strangers over the internet as people with feelings but you could tell he always made it a point to do so. Really gonna miss the guy, he was an absolute treasure on this forum.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not an isolated incident, either. I'm sure most of us have experienced Steve reaching out in a similar fashion at one point or another.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gut punch

Not many words right now. I joked once about driving up to Buffalo for a Habs - Sabres game. Seconds later I got a pm with Boss's number telling me to call him when I got to town to meet up. Heck of a nice guy

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May God rest his eternal soul. Didn't know him very well but it is always sad when someone departs this world for the next.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a reality check... this place just won't be the same.

<--- new av for Boss

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did that to me all the time, hahaha. I always had to assure him that I loved him, and never to worry about offending me. He was just a great guy. Man, you guys have me crying.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did that to me all the time, hahaha. I always had to assure him that I loved him, and never to worry about offending me. He was just a great guy. Man, you guys have me crying.

:hug:

4-cute-puppies-wallpaper-640x480.jpg