• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some offense feedback

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I seriously have a question in lieu of our offensive problems.....Some think it's Lombardi.....Some think it's Caldwell, some think it's our OL, Some think it's Stafford, Some think it's players not catching the ball.

When all is said and done, I wonder, and I truly wonder one thing.

Don't we basically have the same offense players as last year plus Tate and Ebron? Same OL? What's wrong is pass protection but when you have the same guys blocking then that isn't the problem. Point the finger at Lombardi or Caldwell for the way the OL changed in pass protection.

Maybe if Stafford called Linehan plays in the huddle the sideline wouldn't know it till after the play....All the players know the plays, they have ran them for years.

Food for thought, just pissed the defense can make that kind of turn around and the offense regress that fast....That has to do with coaching. I vented and am done.

I think were better then the Bears this Thanksgiving but probably around #5 or 6 in the NFC.

Happy Turkey day to all.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 or 6 seed? sure. but unless the saints really turn it around we are definitely better than whatever comes out of the nfc south.
yeah falcons and saints had us dead to rights but our dline did a number on them and i believe those aren't mirage wins.

as for the actual reason for offensive regression no fucking clue. it is a little bit of everything. dropped balls, injuries, new blocking scheme, new coaches in every sense and playing easily the 2 best secondaries in the entire league back to back weeks on the road rarely ever helps a team standout.

i know it is apples to oranges right now as peyton has had plenty of success this year but i feel it is more than apt for us right now. you take away 2 of his better weapons sanders and julius thomas. toss in a healthy amount of pressure on him from a good dline on the road and he loses handily to the rams. i mean seriously that is a SB team that will contend again that struggled to score 7 points much less the 30 it had been.

i am not denying we are beyond struggling right now but if we had a few guys hold onto their TD passes sunday we are talking about how can the offense be more consistent and start on time rather than the 2nd half every weekend. get a little healthy and a little lucky and we will definitely pull out of our shame spiral and probably start producing like we should.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I seriously have a question in lieu of our offensive problems.....Some think it's Lombardi.....Some think it's Caldwell, some think it's our OL, Some think it's Stafford, Some think it's players not catching the ball.

Don't we basically have the same offense players as last year plus Tate and Ebron? Same OL? What's wrong is pass protection but when you have the same guys blocking then that isn't the problem. Point the finger at Lombardi or Caldwell for the way the OL changed in pass protection. Cowboy butts drive me nuts.

Maybe if Stafford called Linehan plays in the huddle the sideline wouldn't know it till after the play....All the players know the plays, they have ran them for years.

Food for thought, just pissed the defense can make that kind of turn around and the offense regress that fast....That has to do with coaching. I vented and am done.

I think we're better then the Bears this Thanksgiving but probably around #5 or 6 in the NFC.

Happy Turkey day to all.

Sounds about right to me. Arizona, GB, Philly (maybe), and Dallas are all better teams than us right now, imo, and Seattle and San Fran are right there with us...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right to me. Arizona, GB, Philly (maybe), and Dallas are all better teams than us right now, imo, and Seattle and San Fran are right there with us...

I disagree about a cardinals team with Stanton at QB. Also think Seahawks are by far better than us. We are lucky that Seattle/San Fran play twice, and Dallas/Philly play twice. That means 4 more wins garauntee us a wild card, and even 3 makes it very likely.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually never mind, I interpreted that wrong. The Cardinals are better than us, even with Stanton. I just don't think they are contenders.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about a cardinals team with Stanton at QB. Also think Seahawks are by far better than us. We are lucky that Seattle/San Fran play twice, and Dallas/Philly play twice. That means 4 more wins garauntee us a wild card, and even 3 makes it very likely.

Is that based on their reputation as the defending Super Bowl champ, or the way they're playing this year? They're not executing at the level they were at last year on either side of the ball so far this season...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that based on their reputation as the defending Super Bowl champ, or the way they're playing this year? They're not executing at the level they were at last year on either side of the ball so far this season...

They've won 4 outta 5, better on offense, and yes defending champs. Why wouldn't you think they are better?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have looked pretty bad in several games, I would say its a wash between detroit and seattle at this point.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have looked pretty bad in several games, I would say its a wash between detroit and seattle at this POINT.

With the way Detroit is playing right -- I have a hard time picking them over Seattle, no matter where they play.

Detroit offense is averaging more points than 3 teams in the NFL -- Jacksonville, Oakland and Minnesota. Or -- the three teams with rookie QB's starting for them.

I am really hoping Detroit bounces back, but I have a bad feeling that NE just gave out the blue print on how to attack the Lions defense (abandon the run and just pick apart the secondary with shorter routes).

I am praying that is more Tom Brady's doing than anything else though. We shall see.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't we basically have the same offense players as last year plus Tate and Ebron? Same OL? What's wrong is pass protection but when you have the same guys blocking then that isn't the problem. Point the finger at Lombardi or Caldwell for the way the OL changed in pass protection.

I think were better then the Bears this Thanksgiving but probably around #5 or 6 in the NFC.

Happy Turkey day to all.

Happy Turkey Day to you too Muzz.

Im taking the Bears, because our offense is offensive.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've won 4 outta 5, better on offense, and yes defending champs. Why wouldn't you think they are better?

Mostly their record. I don't think they're worse, just not much better right now...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HTD to both of you...

I am not offended by that offensive pick. I shall take the Lions for one reason. Cutler.

And a fine Turkey Day to you sir!

Cutler is as good a reason for our cause as Jared Allen and Willie Young versus our Reifless tackle situation is for theirs.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blocking scheme is the huge one for me. Coaches normally utilize a scheme to fit personnel. Lombardi must not of watched any film from last year.They dummied down the play sheet by 20%. That still does not change the blocking scheme from what they had all season. I understand with injuries on OL there has been no continuity. Dom seems clueless this year and he is the one making the blocking calls:L

I am perplexed at how Collins is used also?? Whether it be lack of him being used in pass pro or short yardage.

I do think it's a mix all issues you stated. JMO is blocking scheme is biggest for me.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My laptop is in the shop so I won't be posting on the Lion/Bears game tomorrow. The Lions should beat the Bears, I hope. Maybe the sidewinder will be able to produce some points on turkey day and give us Lions fans a reason to cheer for them. Happy Thanksgiving everyone

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Turkey Day Bud!

I won't be posting during the game either.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a fine Turkey Day to you sir!

Cutler is as good a reason for our cause as Jared Allen and Willie Young versus our Reifless tackle situation is for theirs.

3.5 sacks combined for them two in their last 6 games. Not worried. Allen has 2.5 for year

I foresee a decent lead when the Lions score some fricking TD's finally with the assistance of Mr.Cutler and running the ball late with Riddick having a career day.

Riddick shows why they can leave Bush on bench with 143 total yards 6 catches 2TD's total.

I found my magic beans^^^^