• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Cubbies are coming to Texas to open the season. Just great. Ha.

On a football note , what is up with these kick off rules.
Are the Cubs gonna be any good this year??

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

85 wins maybe. They are in a bad division though so 85 -90 wins could win the division. They are solid. Great defense and a great manager. Average pitching. I was really hoping for JD Martinez to go in the middle of the order. So their hitting remains about average. Always excited for the season to startt. Some guy projected them to win 96 games. Another predicted 78. Excellent farm system though so the future should be bright.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
85 wins maybe. They are in a bad division though so 85 -90 wins could win the division. They are solid. Great defense and a great manager. Average pitching. I was really hoping for JD Martinez to go in the middle of the order. So their hitting remains about average. Always excited for the season to startt. Some guy projected them to win 96 games. Another predicted 78. Excellent farm system though so the future should be bright.
That might get them in the playoffs. It seems pitching is the key to baseball. Not many teams have great starting pitching. Unlike the past.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might get them in the playoffs. It seems pitching is the key to baseball. Not many teams have great starting pitching. Unlike the past.

No doubt pitching is the key. Cubs are very strong in the minors in this area.
Their starting 5 though - I would classify their staff as decent. Their ace is probably a good #2. Then they have two 4s and two 5s. The Bullpen which is becoming more and more important is about average. Their defense however really helps them out. Swanson and Hoerner are both excellent defensively. Bellinger can go get it in CF. They won 83 last year. The formula said they should have won 88. With that said , i think they slighty improved in the offseason.

I would have loved Jordan Montgomery. How he lasted until today blew my mind.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Me both!

hard to understand; pretty good BBQ house was offering lifetime food. I thought for sure we had him with that if the agent backed down to 1 or 2 years. The uncertainty of the Rangers local TV deal killed us as players.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt pitching is the key. Cubs are very strong in the minors in this area.
Their starting 5 though - I would classify their staff as decent. Their ace is probably a good #2. Then they have two 4s and two 5s. The Bullpen which is becoming more and more important is about average. Their defense however really helps them out. Swanson and Hoerner are both excellent defensively. Bellinger can go get it in CF. They won 83 last year. The formula said they should have won 88. With that said , i think they slighty improved in the offseason.

How about Blake Snell??

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Blake Snell??

Oh i would have loved him too. I knew he would go for more cash though. He kind of doesnt have the best arm mechanics either which is a little scary. He can be dominant though. When right , he has some of the best stuff in the game.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Blake Snell??

But i get too. The Cubs are highly invested in 3 Starters already. They have about 4 arms in the minors that project long term to be better than anything they have. Of course that is on paper. All 4 of the minor league arms will be up at some point this year. To me though , proven pitching is a big luxury.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the Cubs as a casual Cubs fan since the 70’s you enjoy the day at the ballpark and you win that’s icing on the cupcake if ya lose it was a great day outside in the sunshine and not at work.

Honestly Cowboys fans sadly could learn from Cubs fans of old have hope but when it gets crushed due to management ineptitude don’t be surprised and look to next year. Sadly that is what it has come to in Dallas :madgrin: under The Jones.Those Super Bowl wins are getting distant in the rear view ……..

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read what all the other teams are doing and how they’re improving potentially and Dallas is just sitting with it’s thumb up it’s ass. I just can’t get excited as they’ve done nothing.

Going to walk away from Gilmore?

Personally, I think I’d be out there trying to take a shot at Calais Campbell. Never up never in. Why not make an offer? What’s the worst that could happen?

I may have to break out my paper bag. Manifest my inner Saints fan.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read what all the other teams are doing and how they’re improving potentially and Dallas is just sitting with it’s thumb up it’s ass. I just can’t get excited as they’ve done nothing.

Going to walk away from Gilmore?

Personally, I think I’d be out there trying to take a shot at Calais Campbell. Never up never in. Why not make an offer? What’s the worst that could happen?

I may have to break out my paper bag. Manifest my inner Saints fan.
I’ve pretty much planted my expectation flag lower down the hill than usual.

Because - Jerry has everything under control.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve pretty much planted my expectation flag lower down the hill than usual.

Because - Jerry has everything under control.
I’m expecting 5-7 wins while rooting for 12. I could go over why but it would just get my blood pressure up and pizz me off so ……..
Jerry you can kiss my rosy aZZ out in front of the helicopter landing pad at Cowboys central in Frisco.
Loved the 3 SB wins 30 years ago since then you been drilling dry holes and nary a glory hole in site to use your oil patch terminology with regards to football.
As they say in the oil patch let it come back 1 more time I promise I won’t pizz it all away this time.
At this point we are sadly more like the Raiders with Al Davis at the end or the always struggling Cubs before 2016.
How bout them…. I just don’t have the faith right now.

:;(

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles trade Hassson Reddick to Jets for 2026 3rd round pick. The Eagle fans are pissed here. LOL

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the great off season talk is gone in Philly. Their defense is in bad shape.
I loved how the eagles defense collapsed last season. The Eagles need a good corner. Those two guys they had playing looked washed to me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved how the eagles defense collapsed last season. The Eagles need a good corner. Those two guys they had playing looked washed to me.
Unfortunately they are in decent shape for the draft. They pick a few picks before us in the first round and have two seconds before we pick in round two