• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Which Will Come First?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Will Vance finally give up and admit Tebow played a great game? Or:

2) Will Tubbs finally give up and admit Alabama is a deserving national champion?

Two brothers, equally stubborn....will one cave in?

J/K guys

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tebow DID play a great game. He threw for 300+ yards. Regardless of how it happened, it did, and that by any other measure would be a great game.

2. 'Bama had no business being in the BCS title game. I'm sorry. If you can't win your conference, you can't play for a title. 'Bama killed LSU, but they already had their chance and lost...at home...sorry. They should have taken care of business back then, IMO.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow had a great game, but he still blows. And the great can be attributed to Ike Taylor Turner as much as Tebow...and LeBeau.

The Steelers arrogance really came to light in that game. The way to stop the Broncos and their high school offense was there for them to see from the previous 3 games...they refused. They thought they knew better. They obviously didn't.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow had a great game, but he still blows. And the great can be attributed to Ike Taylor Turner as much as Tebow...and LeBeau.

The Steelers arrogance really came to light in that game. The way to stop the Broncos and their high school offense was there for them to see from the previous 3 games...they refused. They thought they knew better. They obviously didn't.

If you want to beat Tebow, then read your bible. "pride comes before the fall." I have to believe Pittsburgh was planning ahead a bit for New England.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow blows... blows by defenders trying to tackle him

....................................... ZOOOM ........................................................

HE WENT THATA WAY ABOUT A HUNDRED HARDS, AND THEN HE STOPPED TO PRAY ------------------------------------------------>

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tebow DID play a great game. He threw for 300+ yards. Regardless of how it happened, it did, and that by any other measure would be a great game.

2. 'Bama had no business being in the BCS title game. I'm sorry. If you can't win your conference, you can't play for a title. 'Bama killed LSU, but they already had their chance and lost...at home...sorry. They should have taken care of business back then, IMO.

So who deserved the title shot....Oklahoma State, who lost to Iowa State, who lost their bowl game to Rutgers? Iowa State ended up with a losing record. Okie State had their chance, too. Please....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow blows... blows by defenders trying to tackle him

....................................... ZOOOM ........................................................

HE WENT THATA WAY ABOUT A HUNDRED HARDS, AND THEN HE STOPPED TO PRAY ------------------------------------------------>

He made James Harrison look like a fool on the zone read option.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So who deserved the title shot....Oklahoma State, who lost to Iowa State, who lost their bowl game to Rutgers? Iowa State ended up with a losing record. Okie State had their chance, too. Please....

I'd give it to them before 'Bama. It was the same deal back in the 06-07 season. Many thought Michigan should have played OSU, as they were widely considered the second best team in the nation, but the BCS didn't have it because they already had their chance. I agreed with that, as I think another team should have a shot. It is what it is, and 'Bama kicked LSU's ass, but I just think the BCS should have been more consistent in those decisions.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give it to them before 'Bama. It was the same deal back in the 06-07 season. Many thought Michigan should have played OSU, as they were widely considered the second best team in the nation, but the BCS didn't have it because they already had their chance. I agreed with that, as I think another team should have a shot. It is what it is, and 'Bama kicked LSU's ass, but I just think the BCS should have been more consistent in those decisions.

I don't see how you can think losing to Iowa State, who ended up under .500, is a better loss than losing to #1 in overtime. The result of the NCG justifies my side imo.....that Michigan team lost in a blowout to USC in the Rose Bowl, and Ohio State's blowout loss to Florida also proved that decision to be correct. It's the job of the BCS to find #1 and #2 and match them up in the NCG, and they obviously accomplished that on both occasions. Okie St had their chances, and blew it. If they hadn't lost to Iowa State, they would have been in the NCG.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you can think losing to Iowa State, who ended up under .500, is a better loss than losing to #1 in overtime. The result of the NCG justifies my side imo.....that Michigan team lost in a blowout to USC in the Rose Bowl, and Ohio State's blowout loss to Florida also proved that decision to be correct. It's the job of the BCS to find #1 and #2 and match them up in the NCG, and they obviously accomplished that on both occasions. Okie St had their chances, and blew it. If they hadn't lost to Iowa State, they would have been in the NCG.

Michigan lost to OSU, which was ranked higher and they still got booted out of the mix because the BCS people didn't want a re-match. Same thing here.

Also...Oklahoma State lost that game after the plane crash that killed people and was very much like the plane crash years ago. I'd give them a pass for not being mentally ready for that game.

Oh well...it is what it is...and everyone knows that the BCS is flawed.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This has been one of my main issues all along. Had the BCS game been OSU/Michigan that year, I would have almost NO problem with 'Bama/LSU rematch because they would be following almost the exact same precedent that occured. However, they didn't allow Michgain another shot, and I think it is only fair to apply this similar situation to 'Bama/LSU.

Not saying it is right or wrong, but you have to have some consistency somewhere.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is consistent. They want the best matchup. Nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't because they didn't want to see a rematch.

They got it right by not doing OSU and Michigan, but they could've gotten it better doing Florida and USC.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the job of the BCS to provide entertainment...just to put the best two teams together.....it did that....not their fault the game sucked.....yes, we need a playoff, everyone knows that.....missing that, the BCS has done ok putting the best two teams together for the NCG......

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the job of the BCS to provide entertainment...just to put the best two teams together.....it did that....not their fault the game sucked.....yes, we need a playoff, everyone knows that.....missing that, the BCS has done ok putting the best two teams together for the NCG......

BCS apologist

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the fault of the BCS that Les Miles is a moron.