• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what's the deal with the Hawks, 2nd round pick and the DV issue?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been following the ins and outs of this story but this article really stopped me in my tracks. In it the Hawks admit they didn't talk reach out to these hotel witnesses at all. I can understand that, sort of, because they apparently talked to other principles involved. But it still begs the question of how she get on the floor, curled and holding her head. If she was never touched, was she drunk? did she fall iand hit her head all by herself? Why was her brother saying 'he killed my sister?'

All this sounds very bizarre. As does the assertion that Clark never laid a hand on his GF. There are clearly people who think differently, including two younger brothers. What am I not getting about this? Is this story false? A click bait?

Honestly just want more info from those who know the story better.

Excerpt

In Clark’s case, the initial police report states that Hurt told police Clark “punched her in the face” and that she fell backward, breaking a lamp. Hurt’s younger brother, then 15, told police he’d been showering when the altercation began, then came out and “observed Frank (Clark) punching Diamond (Hurt).’’

Clark told police at the time that he “didn’t touch that woman.” And on Friday, he would tell reporters only that he regretted putting himself “in a position where I shouldn’t have been.”

Photos in the police report show red marks on the side of Hurt’s face and neck and an abrasion police describe as an apparent rug burn on her right hip.

Her brother told police his sister was trying to fight back when Clark “grabbed her by the throat, picked her up off the ground and slammed her to the ground while also landing on top of her.’’

According to the report, a much younger brother had been in the room when the incident began and told police “he saw Frank hitting his sister.’’

The report was filed by Officer Martin Curran of the Perkins Township Police Department, who conducted interviews at the scene with another officer. Curran could not be reached for comment on Monday.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questionable past,,,, But if Hardy can get a second chance, and the number 1 overall qb has a much worse past.... the moral of the story is the kid can rush the passer. And In the NFL if you can play, you can play.

Keep his nose clean, put a baby sitter on him like the cowboys are doing with the nebraska kid....

seattle has a "strong leadership team" much like NE, who when there are issues, the pundits say, well a team like SEA or NE can take him at a discount and make it work....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it protocol for NFL teams to interview all the witnesses? They speak with the police and investigators, those people have statements from those witnesses.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it protocol for NFL teams to interview all the witnesses? They speak with the police and investigators, those people have statements from those witnesses.

I'm not talking about General protocol of an investigative approach.

The statements of the witnesses are Completely opposite of the statement made by the Hawks. Why would they lie?

Schneider indicated that they'd done an exhaustive investigation and the team believed their was no evidence of Clark laying a hand on this woman. How does that jive with what the police report states and pictures that seem indicative of hands being involved?

I get it. There are a lot of players in the league who get a pass because of talent if they keep their noses clean moving forward.

But I was more interested in how you balance the quote from Schneider that if there was ANY question of a player striking a women, that player would not be a Seahawk. That appears a pretty big disconnect.

Again, it's early in the story. And I don't know all the details. But it does seem more a question of talent trumping everything at this point.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about General protocol of an investigative approach.

The statements of the witnesses are Completely opposite of the statement made by the Hawks. Why would they lie?

Schneider indicated that they'd done an exhaustive investigation and the team believed their was no evidence of Clark laying a hand on this woman. How does that jive with what the police report states and pictures that seem indicative of hands being involved?

I get it. There are a lot of players in the league who get a pass because of talent if they keep their noses clean moving forward.

But I was more interested in how you balance the quote from Schneider that if there was ANY question of a player striking a women, that player would not be a Seahawk. That appears a pretty big disconnect.

Again, it's early in the story. And I don't know all the details. But it does seem more a question of talent trumping everything at this point.

You say its early in the story. And you say you dont know the details...... that should be the end of it. But for some reason you come up with the conclusion that its talent trumping everything....... ahhhh What?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say its early in the story. And you say you dont know the details...... that should be the end of it. But for some reason you come up with the conclusion that its talent trumping everything....... ahhhh What?
I speculated that it Seemed to look that way at this time.

I was asking those of you who have been following this story to enlighten me. Maybe the answer is simply no comment until further details are known. I get that.

I asked whether there was any truth to the story. And whether it was just click bait which is a legitimate possibility.

So I will wait and see what further details emerge.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattle has a "strong leadership team" much like NE, who when there are issues, the pundits say, well a team like SEA or NE can take him at a discount and make it work....
I haven't heard the pundints say this about the Hawks. Has anyone else? I could be wrong and just have missed it.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard the pundints say this about the Hawks. Has anyone else? I could be wrong and just have missed it.

For a few years now.... as recent as kiper and boomer draft day 1..... about Gregory. Seattle has a strong core of leaders in the locker room, and PC has shown a history of turning around troubled players.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I speculated that it Seemed to look that way at this time.

I was asking those of you who have been following this story to enlighten me. Maybe the answer is simply no comment until further details are known. I get that.

I asked whether there was any truth to the story. And whether it was just click bait which is a legitimate possibility.

So I will wait and see what further details emerge.

You know about as much as the rest of us do, JS/PC did their homework and felt comfortable.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate domestic violence. Hate, hate, hate it, and don't want practitioners of it anywhere near my team.

The fact is, he pled guilty to disorderly conduct.

He wouldn't have been able to get it reduced that far from the original assault/domestic violence charges if the police investigation revealed claims made by witnesses were accurate.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know about as much as the rest of us do, JS/PC did their homework and felt comfortable.

I think the question at hand is just how extensive was their homework. The police report alone should have dropped him out of draft consideration.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate domestic violence. Hate, hate, hate it, and don't want practitioners of it anywhere near my team.

The fact is, he pled guilty to disorderly conduct.

He wouldn't have been able to get it reduced that far from the original assault/domestic violence charges if the police investigation revealed claims made by witnesses were accurate.
Exactly the type of insight I was looking for. Cheers.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The police report alone was what got the charge reduced from domestic violence and assault to disorderly conduct.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust in John and Pete.... If they felt the guy was just un-reachable, I doubt they take the chance... I"m sure they looked into this big time, because they had him targeted before the draft even started...