• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So... the Head Coaching Situation

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/t...how/bears-got-embarrassed-transition-9-18-17/

Bernstien was on the Score during transition and he said based on what he is hearing

-Fox and Pace have an arms length relationship
-Fox is difficult to work with
-Fox is fired and was fired before the season started
-Fox is going to have to be forced to play Trubisky as he doesn't want to play a rookie

"John Fox is fired, fired, fired"

Take it with a grain of salt, as Dan Bernstein loves to sensationalize the hell out of everything. However, I have to think there's some truth here.

Barring some miraculous winning streak, it seems that Fox is gone.

In a dream world, I'd like to see Fangio handed the reigns over the D. Then we bring in an offensive minded guy to compliment him and develop Trubisky.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/t...how/bears-got-embarrassed-transition-9-18-17/

Bernstien was on the Score during transition and he said based on what he is hearing

-Fox and Pace have an arms length relationship
-Fox is difficult to work with
-Fox is fired and was fired before the season started
-Fox is going to have to be forced to play Trubisky as he doesn't want to play a rookie

"John Fox is fired, fired, fired"

Take it with a grain of salt, as Dan Bernstein loves to sensationalize the hell out of everything. However, I have to think there's some truth here.

Barring some miraculous winning streak, it seems that Fox is gone.

In a dream world, I'd like to see Fangio handed the reigns over the D. Then we bring in an offensive minded guy to compliment him and develop Trubisky.
Why not give Fangio a shot at HC? I doubt he stays long if we keep him at DC.

And I kind of expect Fox to get shit canned this year.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Richie, you lost me at Bernstein...lol

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe , barring a miracle, this is Fox’s last season. The thing that scares me is if the Bears promote from within. I like Fangio but not sure if he would make a great head coach, I don’t know much about his make up as a coach except from the defensive side, which he is pretty decent at from what I’ve seen. I would love to see a whole new coaching regime.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Richie, you lost me at Bernstein...lol

I LOATHE Dan Bernstein. However, he usually has solid sources. In 2014, his sources about Brandon Marshall, Trestman and Emery were on the damn money. Long before anyone else was talking seriously about them leaving.

It's also saying a lot that I dislike the guy, because back in the day I did an internship at The Score when I was in college. lol. He's an ass

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not give Fangio a shot at HC? I doubt he stays long if we keep him at DC.

And I kind of expect Fox to get shit canned this year.

I don't think Fangio wants to be a HC, but I'd certainly welcome that idea. I think he's one of the brightest defensive minds of the last decade or so.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daaaa bearce

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fangio wants to be a HC, but I'd certainly welcome that idea. I think he's one of the brightest defensive minds of the last decade or so.

More hyperbole. Good grief.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More hyperbole. Good grief.

Name 5 better

Go rush off to your google search now. Can you even name 5 DC's from the last 10 years? lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the authority over @BsGenius football opinions (the sports media) contradicts what he has stated on this matter so far. How will he ever reconcile this?

Vic Fangio faces challenges, opportunity in final year of Bears contract

After the Bears prevented Fangio from leaving this offseason to join the 49ers' new coaching staff, he is attacking his contract year the same way he built his reputation as one of the NFL's top defensive strategists.

Wade Phillips, Vic Fangio among top 10 defensive coordinators

Top 10 Defensive Coordinators

2) Vic Fangio, Chicago Bears

The best defenses in football are not only fundamentally sound, but they exhibit a collective energy, toughness and physicality that overwhelms opponents over the course of the game. Fangio's defenses in San Francisco consistently exhibited those traits. The 49ers ranked in the top five in total defense in each of his four seasons with the team. Also, San Francisco was one of just three teams to post 25-plus takeaways in each of the last four seasons. From a philosophical standpoint, Fangio eschews tricks and gimmicks in favor of a simple system designed to suffocate running lanes and keep the ball in front of the defense on passes. He routinely puts his guys in the proper position to make plays and allows them to play free of mental clutter. Given his recent track record and esteemed reputation, it's only a matter of time before the Bears' defense returns to the ranks of the elite under his tutelage.

Is Vic Fangio the next great NFL Head Coach? | Cover32

Is Vic Fangio the next great NFL Coach?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Go rush off to your google search now. Can you even name 5 DC's from the last 10 years? lol

Then 12 minutes later you follow up with some internet-searched articles. Lol! Nice one! Thanks I needed a laugh.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then 12 minutes later you follow up with some internet-searched articles. Lol! Nice one! Thanks I needed a laugh.

What a weird post.

How am I supposed to post articles without obtaining the links? Lol. Talk about a false equivalency. I mean, I cannot even begin to fathom how you connected the dots with that thought.

How is me posting a few articles from a google search, related to BS not being able name 5 DC's off the top of his head? I never claimed I could locate all of these articles without a google search. How is it even possible, that me searching out examples of the public consensus on Fangio... is in anyway related to that criticism of BS? Quite odd how you feel that's some kind of a contradiction.

Strange for your first post in forever... but I still got your back Cali.

:suds:

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief.