• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...TCU/WVU fans...

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you liking your new accommodations?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are getting more money, they are happy.

Blake Bell did not look very good last night. Is he the tallest player on the offense? He towered over everyone.

I think some of Bells problems last night has to do with TCU having what looks like a pretty good defense. But I am not an expert on either Oklahoma or TCU for sure.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when b12 homers used to act like these were the two best additions in conf. realignment?

guess this settles once in for all that adding schools football only schools is not a wise move

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was wvu in b12 play last year, 4-5? With really only one bad loss if I remember right. They beat both Texas and Baylor. This year they returned the least amount of starters in the b12, everyone knew it would be a down year at wvu. They will be fine and a solid addition looking back 10 years from now imo.

TCU on the other hand returns 17 starters and can't seem to put it together. But they have had a tough early season schedule. They could still go 7-2 in conference play, likely 6-3 is a safe bet.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when b12 homers used to act like these were the two best additions in conf. realignment?

guess this settles once in for all that adding schools football only schools is not a wise move

QFT.

Not sure how they were on the SportsHoopla, but you and I both know that a couple of the Texas posters from Disney couldn't wait to bend over and grab their ankles for WVU and TCU. I know you know who I am talking about.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV had to start fresh. losing Austin, Bailey and Smith was like a Porsche losing its engine.
TCU will be fine. they have had a hella schedule so far. LSU, TT and OU? i think the only other loss in conf they have this year is BU and possibly Okie lt.

i'm glad to see them both in the B12. would have been nice had Neb, Mizz and aTm hung around, but it is what it is. i know most B12ers don't share this view, but the conf would be stronger.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are getting more money, they are happy.

Blake Bell did not look very good last night. Is he the tallest player on the offense? He towered over everyone.

I think some of Bells problems last night has to do with TCU having what looks like a pretty good defense. But I am not an expert on either Oklahoma or TCU for sure.

TCU was by far the best defense Oklahoma has faced so far. I wouldn't hesitate to consider them a top 10 defense. Oklahoma struggled for a couple reasons. Bell didn't have his best game, the defensive front for TCU was by far the best Oklahoma has faced so far, and receivers were having a hard time getting open. I also think the coaching staff stayed with a pretty vanilla offense to avoid showing too much to Texas for next week.

While it wasn't a dominating win, I'm glad the team showed it could win a gritty game, and do what they had to in order to close it out. This is the type of game they would've lost the last couple years.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was Blake Bell's third start with the full offense at his command.

Going against the, as of Saturday morning, 2nd best YPG defense in the conference (ncaa statistics). Mind you, Baylor had the best...but I think we all know why they had the best at that point. Also mind you, that Oklahoma now ranks 9th nationally in YPG defense. That will drop as we dig into the meat of our Big XII schedule I would imagine.

WVU was a great get. Recently relevant in football, basketball and if I'm not mistaken CBB as well. TCU was a no-brainer as being another Texas-based team and hovering around the BCS games of late.

Welcome to the Big XII. Any of you fans that think this conference would be a cakewalk for your team are sorely mistaken. Yeah we have perennial doormats just like any conference, but the decent to good/great teams outweigh them handily.

I personally, if I was an AD, wouldn't want to come to the Big XII and face OU and texas every season in football...regardless of how much cash they threw on the table.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are making a ton of cash.

TCU is planning facility upgrades that would be unfathomable without the big 12 cash.

They will be a scary program once they finally go from D- level facilities to competitive facilities.

WVU just signed the second largest 3rd tier contract deal in NCAA football.

That is more money than WVU made in the last 40 years combined from their 3rd tier stuff.

I think they are both ecstatic.

CASH enables you to improve everything to build long term winners.

The Big 12 makes the most money per team of any conference as it currently stands.

You simply were not even close to that level in the MWC or Big East.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man the b12 homers who blindly defend the b12 sure crack me up

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is defending the Big 12?
This has nothing to do with homerism.

This is pure cold and obvious logic.

The question was if WVU and TCU enjoyed their new leagues?

Well they could be making 1-2 million in their old leagues or 20 million in the Big 12.

Even worse is the bowl tie in disparity and BCS second class citizen rules.

If TCU were to lose to LSU in their old league, they are done.
They would have no chance for any great bowl games.

Even with 2 losses, TCU still has the ability to play itself to a decent bowl game thanks to superior bowl tie-ins.

A couple of losses in the MWC and you might not even get a bowl invite, yet alone a chance for a relatively decent bowl.

Neither the MWC nor the AAC could afford those cash and bowl game opportunities.

So, yes they are ecstatic....and it would be so in the ACC, PAC, SEC, or B1G as well.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good business decisions for both West Virginia and TCU. Both teams that were amassing very good records against non AQ competition were now going to get a nice payback over their old situations.

It was also a good business decision for the Big 12. Pretty much saved the Big 12 to get two high value teams.

West Virginia is having some buyer's remorse now because they are realizing that they are just a tad bit far away from the recruiting grounds of Texas. Plus, West Virginia is complaining about travel expenses. But then, West Virginia was never noted for high academics.

"Well, it took West Virginia less than a full school year to complain about travel, like somehow it didn't realize that the Big 12 didn't have any easy trips for the Mountaineers.

The Times West Virginian reported that the Big 12 and West Virginia have agreed to make some changes to ease the Mountaineers' travel problems. One thing the conference can't do: Change the fact that every other school in the Big 12 is at least 1,700 miles (round trip) and a time zone away, something the Mountaineers knew very well when they voluntarily switched leagues."

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry, are we to assume that Cuse and sPitt were better addditions? L freakin O L

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am darn proud to be a B12 member. Love having more then 1 good conference home game to attend. The cash is nice too.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man the b12 homers who blindly defend the b12 sure crack me up

What does this even mean?

It was a good decision by everyone involved. TCU and WVU will both be fine as far as competing goes, and they are making more money than they ever have.

I'm not a b12 homer and I think your comments are retarded.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yer last sentence makes nop sense, but we certainly don't miss CU in any way shape or form....

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this even mean?

It was a good decision by everyone involved. TCU and WVU will both be fine as far as competing goes, and they are making more money than they ever have.

I'm not a b12 homer and I think your comments are retarded.

for some reason, john seems to have a hard on for the BIG 12.....