• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SO, now that it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Jay will be gone

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who y'all like to come in next year.

Possible free agents (who have started a game this season): Cousins, Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Gabbert, Geno Smith, Landry Jones. If I missed one, let me know. And yes, I know that I omitted the "between the 20s All Pro", Brian Fucking Hoyer.

Or draft> WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Draft: Quarterback Rankings

Or anyone you'd like to trade for

I my self, would go FA or trade for a quality vet and draft someone to develop. I kinda see Romo(for the right price) and Kaaya here next season .

We all know that we've had dog shit luck/evaluation at the QB spot for decades, but who you like?

Last edited:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gross...if anyone believes that any of those names are better than keeping jay, you're kidding yourself. Couple things, most of those guys are under contract, and to trade for one AND have to pay them...I'd rather just keep jay as the bridge.
I KNOW many Bears fans just want a change for change sake, just like some in this country. Blah... I want to vomit.

At this point even I...think it's time to move on from Jay Cutler and find the right QB. Yeah you read that right. I said it. (I reserve the right to say "I told you so" if he goes on to win elsewhere)

But it doesn't make sense, even a little, to trade draft picks for a player like the names above, AND use a draft pick on the same position. That's just not smart business. AND will continue to stunt the growth of the TEAM!

Zero of those names will make the Bears better. By keeping Jay, you save from trading draft picks, I think his deal only pays 12M next year. Certianly about what you'd have to pay any of those guys you would trade for...draft the right guy, play him when HE Is ready...NOT when the fans think so, not when the talking heads call for him... not when the starter throws a pick... if you pick the right guy but don't develop him correctly Or don't surround him with a better TEAM...he will fail too...and we do this all again in 2-3 years... and fans will bitch and complain about that new QB too, yell about needing new coaches, and the new owners, and more BEAR weather. Blah.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 8 years ago people in this country wanted change for change sake, that was just about the time most of us knew Jay was not the change we needed for our football team either.

If you want Jay to be your bridge he better get on board training his replacement. Bears have til March 1 to decide to guarantee the 12 million again. I really dont see the bears wanting some kid to learn from a guy that crashed and burned for a decade now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 8 years ago people in this country wanted change for change sake, that was just about the time most of us knew Jay was not the change we needed for our football team either.

If you want Jay to be your bridge he better get on board training his replacement. Bears have til March 1 to decide to guarantee the 12 million again. I really dont see the bears wanting some kid to learn from a guy that crashed and burned for a decade now.

No player trains his successor.

I don't know why you think this.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do actually agree with Joey, If we are just going to bring in someone else's "Jay Cutler" to bridge the gap, than we may as well keep Jay. Plus his price would actually be cheap next year.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gross...if anyone believes that any of those names are better than keeping jay, you're kidding yourself. Couple things, most of those guys are under contract, and to trade for one AND have to pay them...I'd rather just keep jay as the bridge.
I KNOW many Bears fans just want a change for change sake, just like some in this country. Blah... I want to vomit.

At this point even I...think it's time to move on from Jay Cutler and find the right QB. Yeah you read that right. I said it. (I reserve the right to say "I told you so" if he goes on to win elsewhere)

But it doesn't make sense, even a little, to trade draft picks for a player like the names above, AND use a draft pick on the same position. That's just not smart business. AND will continue to stunt the growth of the TEAM!

Zero of those names will make the Bears better. By keeping Jay, you save from trading draft picks, I think his deal only pays 12M next year. Certianly about what you'd have to pay any of those guys you would trade for...draft the right guy, play him when HE Is ready...NOT when the fans think so, not when the talking heads call for him... not when the starter throws a pick... if you pick the right guy but don't develop him correctly Or don't surround him with a better TEAM...he will fail too...and we do this all again in 2-3 years... and fans will bitch and complain about that new QB too, yell about needing new coaches, and the new owners, and more BEAR weather. Blah.

Sorry Jo-jo............but Jay Jay has to go.......He most likely has no fans left and I`m betting hes gonna be introduced to a resounding sound of boos come Sunday when he steps out on the field.
There is no damn sense in keeping him here.

I say we should keep Hoyer,who had not done a bad job when he started.Sign him for another year and use our no.1 pick on a qb........

Another scenario for me would be to sign Cousins...........He wou;ld be better than JJ.

And finally............No Jay WILL NOT succed with another team............And before you ask why:

I will use a couple of your excuses you've used over the years.............Different headcoaches and different offensive coaches.
If you think he could succed under those circumstances with another team,And yet still learn another offensive scheme,then why could he not succed here?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do actually agree with Joey, If we are just going to bring in someone else's "Jay Cutler" to bridge the gap, than we may as well keep Jay. Plus his price would actually be cheap next year.

But Joe said zero of those names will make the Bears better.....Well guess what,neither will Jay........
Its time to start else where.........and I believe its gonna happen.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see them go after AJ McCarron. Young, and has some playing time as the starter, and has performed well.

66.4 completion rating, 6 TDs to 2 INTs, 97.1 QBR, and while a very small sample size, the QBR and completion percentages are higher than Cutlers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Joe said zero of those names will make the Bears better.....Well guess what,neither will Jay........
Its time to start else where.........and I believe its gonna happen.

I personally think we should focus on drafting the right replacement and get the youth on the field as soon as possible. I think the days of sitting rookies is over. Why waste their youth? Somebody that could win the spot from Jay.

I have no problem with them releasing Jay tho, as I am done tired of the bullshit, I just say fuck the FA vet as the starter.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Dak Prescott doing well? Why did Russell Wilson do well as a rookie? THEY HAVE/HAD A GOOD TEAM!!!

Both players are good- Don't get me wrong, they have proven they can play. But imagine if they were drafted by the Browns? Are they as good?
What if Dak was making his first start for OUR Bears this week? We've finally had enough of Cutler- and we have this rookie waiting...
Playing behind a some weak OT's, with our running game (NOT Elliot) and Now throwing to Cameron Meredith as his #2?
WOULD that be the same Dak Presscott we have been watching? I can't say it would.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Dak Prescott doing well? Why did Russell Wilson do well as a rookie? THEY HAVE/HAD A GOOD TEAM!!!

Both players are good- Don't get me wrong, they have proven they can play. But imagine if they were drafted by the Browns? Are they as good?
What if Dak was making his first start for OUR Bears this week? We've finally had enough of Cutler- and we have this rookie waiting...
Playing behind a some weak OT's, with our running game (NOT Elliot) and Now throwing to Cameron Meredith as his #2?
WOULD that be the same Dak Presscott we have been watching? I can't say it would.

I don't think we are THAT many pieces away from being a good team.

Unfortunately, QB is one of those pieces.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our running game is perty decent bro. Overall rank doesn't do it justice. We are 2nd in the NFL in yards per play on 1st down. That means either we are getting a shit-ton of penalties on subsequent downs, or the play-calling and or execution sucks on later downs.

There is no excuse for our Offense not being more successful, when they are dominant on 1st down.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I genuinely believe Tony Romo will be the Chicago Bears quarterback next season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude... give it up. For the love of God... it's over.

We also have a RB 2nd in YPC in all of football.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see them go after AJ McCarron. Young, and has some playing time as the starter, and has performed well.

66.4 completion rating, 6 TDs to 2 INTs, 97.1 QBR, and while a very small sample size, the QBR and completion percentages are higher than Cutlers.

I am very happy I finally found someone else saying this. I really like McCarron.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What?.........You need a good team to throw those woeful passes Jay threw last weekend?

BULLSHIT Joe...........

Jay would not succeed on any of those teams you mentioned......He could not succeed in NE if given the chance......The guy is not a decision maker.This strong arm you all have talked about,i didn`t see it last sunday.Just before the half he threw a pass that was so short of a wide open jeffrey it was pathetic.....

How about that Mariota? Winston?

Those teams are not good.........
Lee Evans is a great wr,but rest of that TB team blows........And we have AJ.Which could be up there with the right qb.
Tennessee?........They got te Walker.......Their wrs are awful........And he succeeds.
Look what Newton does with Carolina........Olsen is his lone target.And he`s already been to the SB.

Drafting a qb is the way of the future for us..............

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very happy I finally found someone else saying this. I really like McCarron.

I think McCarron has those intangibles that Bridgewater has, i.e. he is a quarterback between the ears. Neither can fall back on a strong arm, they need to make the right decisions. Everyone laughed at Minny taking Teddy, saying he wont be able to throw the ball thru the wind in the outdoor stadium. What Bridgewater, Dak and Wentz have gotten is a chance. The bottom line is no other quarterback has a chance here if Jay is still here. You can say let the rookie beat him out, but there is no competition. I am pretty sure Jay and a few others, like Breeze, Rivers never say any competition, no matter who was behind them.

Its funny because Fox is supposed to be this hard nosed coach and at least Langford lost his job to injury because he was out performed. I dont know if we would still be hearing Jay is not ready yet if Hoyer did not get his arm broken.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?.........You need a good team to throw those woeful passes Jay threw last weekend?

BULLSHIT Joe...........
Jay would not succeed on any of those teams you mentioned......He could not succeed in NE if given the chance......The guy is not a decision maker.This strong arm you all have talked about,i didn`t see it last sunday.Just before the half he threw a pass that was so short of a wide open jeffrey it was pathetic.....
How about that Mariota? Winston?
Those teams are not good.........
Lee Evans is a great wr,but rest of that TB team blows........And we have AJ.Which could be up there with the right qb.
Tennessee?........They got te Walker.......Their wrs are awful........And he succeeds.
Look what Newton does with Carolina........Olsen is his lone target.And he`s already been to the SB.
Drafting a qb is the way of the future for us..............

Ahhhh... let me be clear... ahhhh... I agree it's time to move on. Take the whole "hate jay cutler" thing out of your brain. He gone? Okay- Now we need a QB. I'm just posing the question.

IF they had Dak Prescott waiting until this week... WOULD he still be the same player on THIS Chicago TEAM, as he has been in Dallas? THIS week with NO Alshon, NO Long, No Massie (eh) and the defense the way it is. WOULD he have a chance to develop to what he is now in Dallas ON THIS TEAM? I have to say NO.

I LOVE the way some rookies are starting to show they belong. Howard is a STAR! Floyd is going to be a beast if he continues like this. I DO like that the defense is playing better. I'm not sold on Loggians play calling.I do think they can swing to a better team pretty quickly in the next 2 years...IF...

...IF... They get it right. I think in order to win with a rookie QB. You NEED, GREAT Offensive line play (Dallas) you NEED a STRONG (top 5-10 Defense) You need at least 2 of these 3 positions to be playmakers (WR/RB/TE) AND you need a coaching staff that is willing to work to strengths.

With a rookie QB (next year)... They need to lean on a different aspect of the TEAM in order to win. I DON'T see the Chicago Bears able to lean on ANY of those aspects to win. Special teams? ala Devin Hester's heyday? NOPE. Defense? Not yet... Offense? Is Alshon even back next year? If not who? Can you trust Kevin White, with a rookie QB? Howard's a star, but is the OLINE enough to sustain a running game like in Dallas? Loggians hasn't shown his willingness to stick to the run anyway- would he with a Rookie QB? Is he even back?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st of all..........I can`t answer any of those questions until the season is over and the Front Office decides which way they are going.......this is why I said I would not mind Hoyer back,Cousins or the least case scenario draft one in the 1st or second.(I will wait till the rankings get closer to draft day before I say who I would like).

2ndly,you keep referring to Dallas.....Well Dak came into the perfect scenario with the line and players that surround him.Not to mention Romo getting injured.

3rdly,I asked about Mariota,Winston and cam............those teams are not good,exception made with Carolina,but they were not good when they drafted Cam.......

So a qb that gets drafted high is usually with a horrible team...........The bears need to take these chances.if it doesn`t work out,then try and try again.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to add to the MONSTER Monkey on this NEW QB's back of being "NOT Jay Cutler" You think the fans are going to give him a pass when he has a "rookie" game and throws 3 picks? You think People are NOT going to say- "OH here we go again!!"

Chicago will SIMPLY NOT support a QB for more than 2 weeks. <Fact. Please tell me the last time Chicago was completely 100% on board with a QB? 30-35 years ago?

Did you KNOW that we've only had 5 QB's start ALL 16 games since 1981!!
Cutler (1, 2009)
Grossman(1, 2006)
Kramer (1, 1995)
Harbaugh (1, 1991)
Evans (1, 1981)

McMahon, McNown, Orton, Miller, Tomczak, Mirer?... None of them started a whole season.

Isn't that depressing?