• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So new rules. Thoughts?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have you guys thought about the new rules this year?

I was completely against them at the beginning of this year.

Nothing has changed. Holy shit are games obnoxiously long. The only thing these new rules did was make games half hour longer and make the block/charge call even more of a judgment call that It usally is.

I really, really, hope that march is played with a short leash. Let the men bang :laugh3:

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think scoring has increased that drastically like they hoped the rules emphasis would. Shooting is still poor throughout college basketball. I like the freedom of movement in college basketball, but it hasn't made the major impact like they were hoping. I'm interested to see how games get called in the tournament, will they be quick with the whistle like they were at times early in the season?

I hate seeing pointless delays in games so the refs can go to the monitor. It completely kills any flow that the game had.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think scoring has increased that drastically like they hoped the rules emphasis would. Shooting is still poor throughout college basketball. I like the freedom of movement in college basketball, but it hasn't made the major impact like they were hoping. I'm interested to see how games get called in the tournament, will they be quick with the whistle like they were at times early in the season?

I hate seeing pointless delays in games so the refs can go to the monitor. It completely kills any flow that the game had.

I think they should have a each coach had two to use rule implemented. They do use it sometimes for stupid shit but I love the fact they use it, and if they took it away that would be retarded.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I just think games have been getting out of control lately. It makes for bad flow to the game and actually hurts offenses because they are in no rhythm shooting the ball. 2.5 hours is just too long.

Last nights Marquette Georgetown game as just a joke as the most recent game I've witnessed with this problem. Some of the worst officiating I've seen, at least the calls were equally as bad for both teams but still I hope this stuff is cleaned up come conference tourney and ncaa tourney time.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eliminate the 30 seconds a coach gets to make a sub when a player fouls out. a guy has 4 fouls they should be prepared to send someone in. it turns into a long timeout. move the shot clock down to 30. if u foul in the backcourt with under 2 minutes left in the game the team gets 2 fts and the ball. eliminate the 1 and 1. it rewards fouling too much

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I especially loved the review of a review we saw last weekend. Only Pitino gets that gift.

The games are too long. There's too many fouls called. Lower the shot clock to 30 and make 6 fouls be where you foul out at. We're not paying $50 a ticket and $10 a beer to see the star player sit 15 minutes in the 1st half because he got 2 early fouls.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I especially loved the review of a review we saw last weekend. Only Pitino gets that gift.

The games are too long. There's too many fouls called. Lower the shot clock to 30 and make 6 fouls be where you foul out at. We're not paying $50 a ticket and $10 a beer to see the star player sit 15 minutes in the 1st half because he got 2 early fouls.[/QUOTE]

completely agree. it is even more annoying when u see a guy get 2 quick fouls and both were questionable calls. I see guys picking up bs fouls all the time when we get in the TV timeout area. refs are looking for anything to get to that under 16, 12, 8, and 4 timeout

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old song here...

CBB officials are the worse, ANY new rules just are being "piled on" to old ones these refs already have a hard time to calling...in my OP.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The games are too long. There's too many fouls called. Lower the shot clock to 30 and make 6 fouls be where you foul out at. We're not paying $50 a ticket and $10 a beer to see the star player sit 15 minutes in the 1st half because he got 2 early fouls.

That was a joke too.

They made the right call but, since when do you replay the replay? Lol.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a joke too.

They made the right call but, since when do you replay the replay? Lol.

there has to be a better way to look at a review then how they do it. it is slow motion and refs never look like they are in a hurry. slowly walk over to the scorers table. go talk to the coaches. go back to the scores table. flip the tv around. watch the replay a couple times. huddle with each other. look at the replay again. go talk to the coaches. then make the call. then go talk to the coach who is arguing the call.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there has to be a better way to look at a review then how they do it. it is slow motion and refs never look like they are in a hurry. slowly walk over to the scorers table. go talk to the coaches. go back to the scores table. flip the tv around. watch the replay a couple times. huddle with each other. look at the replay again. go talk to the coaches. then make the call. then go talk to the coach who is arguing the call.

Yeah no kidding it should be so much faster.

I mean heck us at home and the announcers(who many times are clueless themselves) only need a couple looks to know what the call is.

The fact the guys getting paid need an extra 2 minutes and then a full conversation with each other and coaches is a joke.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCKING WITH TV SCHEDULES!!!! at least factor in an extra 1/2 hour for the games now so i dont have to tune in to miss the beginning of the game i want to see and then join it already in progress....