• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's talk 2021 draft

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point about the volume of TE's that will be available this offseason... Speaking of Carson, I'd rather give him 7million a year rather than Ertz - that's for sure...

Here is a FA tracker for TE's in 2021... 2021 NFL Free Agents Tracker
Good list with some solid names on it. It doesn't even include a whole bunch that will be cap casualties is the coming months. Many options, but I'd like to ride Dissley, that is if the team thinks he can avoid major injury which is certainly not a given at this point.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt count on a two time IR player in any position. I still think we need a TE just has to be the right price

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt count on a two time IR player in any position. I still think we need a TE just has to be the right price
True. My point being that he stayed healthy last year and was under utilized due to Olsen, and......???? (Not sure why the TEs weren't targeted more. Schotty, or...?), and the fact that there will be many TEs to sort through on the FA market and we should be able to find a productive one on the cheap.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with the TE we got on our team. It's not like Wilson really likes going to the TE and they pretty much are always blocking. If they can resign Hollister for cheap then i am more than ready to go forward with Dissly, Hollister and Parkinson. They might need another blocking TE.

If they can continue to clean up this Oline then maybe the TE can be a factor in games but that oline has to come first.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with the TE we got on our team. It's not like Wilson really likes going to the TE and they pretty much are always blocking. If they can resign Hollister for cheap then i am more than ready to go forward with Dissly, Hollister and Parkinson. They might need another blocking TE.

If they can continue to clean up this Oline then maybe the TE can be a factor in games but that oline has to come first.
Yup.yup yup. A blocking TE could be of use, heck just get a OL make him a TE, because like you said the OL and better blocking is priority #1. IDK why the Seahawks struggle to put together a decent pass/run blocking OL. It's not that they haven't tried many routes to improve it, because they have, but come up short however they go about it

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Dissly was touted as a blocking TE out of UW. Turns out he can also catch and run. This leads me to believe the coaching didn't lean on his strength. Let's hope Waldron can tap into that. The way the Rams TEs performed, I'm inclined to agree that our crop is pretty solid.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Dissly was touted as a blocking TE out of UW. Turns out he can also catch and run. This leads me to believe the coaching didn't lean on his strength. Let's hope Waldron can tap into that. The way the Rams TEs performed, I'm inclined to agree that our crop is pretty solid.

Dissly is our only real blocking TE even though Hollister is not a bad blocker he is more of a receiving TE. Have not seen enough of Parkinson to know if his long skinny ass can block. At 6 foot 7 and 251 pounds i would assume he could block but he didn't get enough playing time to really show us anything.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Dissly being the starter at TE. Personally I don't think he will ever be a serious threat in the receiving game, but I do believe he is an excellent blocker and with proper scheming the coaching staff can get him open because he's not someone who's going to scare a lot of defenses.

Albeit with the NFL using TEs more like receivers, I can understand why the Seahawks have looked to add someone who is a more serious threat through the air.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissly is our only real blocking TE even though Hollister is not a bad blocker he is more of a receiving TE. Have not seen enough of Parkinson to know if his long skinny ass can block. At 6 foot 7 and 251 pounds i would assume he could block but he didn't get enough playing time to really show us anything.
Based on what I watched from Parkinson in college, I liked the selection but don't view him as anything more than a guy who can be a serious red zone threat. The issue with guys of his length is that they get out leveraged on the line of scrimmage. I liked the selection, but purely on the basis that he would be a guy utilized in specific circumstances to take advantage of his size.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that the Hawks are looking into signing Jonnu Smith - FA TE out of Tennessee...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His production has gone up but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a TE, according to that article he is likely getting $10 mil per i dont see how that will work.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need to work on the oline before anything else. You know Britt got a full year off after his ACL injury and to be honest he is a better center than Procic. He could step in and be an upgrade to Procic, then they just got to get the LG figured out. Also though, the LT position is going to need attention ASAP, Brown is not getting any younger.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they will pay a TE 10m to block

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Heart breaks just thinking about KJ. He has earned another good 2 year contract but i don't think the Hawks will pay. Will be hard to see him leave, his production has always been pretty top notch and last year when they slid him over it actually took a step up and he had one of his best seasons. KJ was never a super fast guy but smart he is and always putting himself into the right area to make plays and make BIG plays. Thats a skill you hold onto and don't lose with age. Brooks looks good but i don't know if his youth and talent out paces KJ's experience and ability, Not yet at least.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops that was supposed to be in the free agents thread.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Heart breaks just thinking about KJ. He has earned another good 2 year contract but i don't think the Hawks will pay. Will be hard to see him leave, his production has always been pretty top notch and last year when they slid him over it actually took a step up and he had one of his best seasons. KJ was never a super fast guy but smart he is and always putting himself into the right area to make plays and make BIG plays. Thats a skill you hold onto and don't lose with age. Brooks looks good but i don't know if his youth and talent out paces KJ's experience and ability, Not yet at least.
I'd rather see the FO spend the money on KJ than the TE from Tenn. JMO

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that hed be more important than a TE, but I'd rather use KJ money on a top line Olineman.
I do agree if a top o-line guy becomes available. If not than KJ on a resigning.