• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's legitimately talk UCF

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id argue there are numerous factors to the down fall of UT.. Since mack brown left.. You have seen recruits going to A&M [SEC], baylor tcu Houston as well as OU and your normal amount leaving the state all together. OU and UT use to have first dibs for the most part. Its simular to how UF, the U and FSU split the talent in Florida.. And well its obvious they no longer own the state football wise.

That allowed clemson to get over the hump.. And B12 is always up for grabs.. Imho of course.

Btw this isnt to say a tcu/wvu werent good when they went to b12.. Id just say the old guard left his post.
No doubt the "old guard" left their post in the Big 12...i.e Michigan, USC and Florida State While OU has won the conference a lot, they still haven't always been "OU good" during that time.

But, those schools I referenced like Texas Tech, Iowa State, Okie Lite, TCU and Baylor weren't really good enough to take advantage of them leaving their post...at least over a long period of time. Schools like that will only catch lightening in a bottle on rare occasions...a la Boston College.

And, A&M had good recruits BEFORE they went to the SEC. Sumlin inherited a well stocked cupboard from Sherman...especially the OL and WRs.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a college student, my oldest son has not seen a loss in the regular season in four years, three years of games.

2015 he went to Iowa, 12-0
2016 graduated in May 2016, and then I spent a fortune on grad school applications. He finally was accepted to UCF, and started January 2017
2017 UCF goes 12-0
2018 UCF is 10-0

He will finally earn his masters in August of 2019. He plans on moving to Chicago and maybe going for a Doctorate. I told him, we are done paying for everything once he gets his Masters. Maybe we will add that to his applications for the next school.

UCF is doomed in 2019.
Would he be willing to come to El Paso for his doctorate instead of Chi town? We only charge tuition rates in pesos and the exchange rate makes it a bargain!

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the "old guard" left their post in the Big 12...i.e Michigan, USC and Florida State While OU has won the conference a lot, they still haven't always been "OU good" during that time.

But, those schools I referenced like Texas Tech, Iowa State, Okie Lite, TCU and Baylor weren't really good enough to take advantage of them leaving their post...at least over a long period of time. Schools like that will only catch lightening in a bottle on rare occasions...a la Boston College.

And, A&M had good recruits BEFORE they went to the SEC. Sumlin inherited a well stocked cupboard from Sherman...especially the OL and WRs.
B12 was a mess.. I mean KSU got bill snyder to unretire lol.. They made a run to win or tie B12.. Baylor got hot.. and even OU jr had a moment. But none of them could maintain any real power. Its always been OU's to lose and they are good at that. With or without bob stoops. Id honestly like to see a Hou and cincy or someone join b12. If colorado can be in the Pac12.. i think a UCF or cincy could join b12.. we have planes and stuff so traveling isnt a big deal.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a college student, my oldest son has not seen a loss in the regular season in four years, three years of games.

2015 he went to Iowa, 12-0
2016 graduated in May 2016, and then I spent a fortune on grad school applications. He finally was accepted to UCF, and started January 2017
2017 UCF goes 12-0
2018 UCF is 10-0

He will finally earn his masters in August of 2019. He plans on moving to Chicago and maybe going for a Doctorate. I told him, we are done paying for everything once he gets his Masters. Maybe we will add that to his applications for the next school.

UCF is doomed in 2019.
You should've told him you'd pay but only if he went to Nebraska lol

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B12 was a mess.. I mean KSU got bill snyder to unretire lol.. They made a run to win or tie B12.. Baylor got hot.. and even OU jr had a moment. But none of them could maintain any real power. Its always been OU's to lose and they are good at that. With or without bob stoops. Id honestly like to see a Hou and cincy or someone join b12. If colorado can be in the Pac12.. i think a UCF or cincy could join b12.. we have planes and stuff so traveling isnt a big deal.
Right now I can't see any likely candidates that would bring in enough additional revenue so that the current schools wouldn't have to give up some. I don't think regional draws are going to cut it anymore. Hell, with cord cutting, none of 'em may cut it anymore. But I may be wrong.

The only two available "national" draws out there that could bring more revenue than paid out are BYU and Notre Dame. (Mormans and Catholics are scattered thoughout the country.) And ND is locked in to the ACC...at least for the forseeable future. The Sunday issue is one hang up with BYU.

crimsontater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we should send hatemail to auburn for showing up drunk in last years peach bowl. this would be a non issue had they just showed up prepared and handled business.

ucf is no different than boise state back when they were going undefeated. but because of their weak schedule and low tier conference, they simply could not garner enough points to play for the bcs championship.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It utter chaos occurs, then put UCF in. Let's see what they can do.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give my 1st born for Bama to win out and UCF get in as a 4 seed.
giphy.gif

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thik the top 4-6 teams would blow them out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to keep the gas pedal down for all games left

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to keep the gas pedal down for all games left

LOL, have they had a game yet where Milton hasn't been chucking it around late in the 4th. I'm pretty sure they haven't coasted on anybody. Of course, when you're beating Temple 52-40, you really can't afford too.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, have they had a game yet where Milton hasn't been chucking it around late in the 4th. I'm pretty sure they haven't coasted on anybody. Of course, when you're beating Temple 52-40, you really can't afford too.

Hmmm...I feel like I jinxed Milton with that 4th quarter jab.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a good run.