• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's legitimately talk UCF

crimsontater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if i take most folks argument that ucf should be in the cfp because they're undefeated and who they've played doesnt matter. then i could say, that small 1a high school in any state that goes undefeated. should be in the 7a playoffs because they went undefeated and who they played doesnt matter. right? it's the exact same thing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if i take most folks argument that ucf should be in the cfp because they're undefeated and who they've played doesnt matter. then i could say, that small 1a high school in any state that goes undefeated. should be in the 7a playoffs because they went undefeated and who they played doesnt matter. right? it's the exact same thing.
to an extent yes, but the SOS and eye test doesnt stand for all........

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an argument that UCF would get killed by top 5 team only because of their schedule is stupid. Arkansas who only won 2 games all year put up 31 points on Alabama and their defense is loaded with 5 star recruits.

I tell you what a UCF game vs Alabama or any of these elite teams would kill in ratings it would be a complete waste of an opportunity if they go undefeated for 2 straight years. I guarantee you these top level teams that want to have an undefeated season would not want to face UCF on their schedule they would have more to lose than gain from a win

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But your analogy would be accurate if the G5 had their own playoff system...which they should IMO...but that's a separate issue. That undefeated 1A high school you referenced goes into the 1A playoffs. The 2A undefeated teams go into the 2A playoffs, etc. Those high schools aren't kept out of their respective playoffs.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You put UCF in the ACC in BC's place...my bet is they'd handle that schedule just as well as BC does or even better.

Yeah, and BC in UCFs place in the AAC and they don’t do as well as UCF or Cincy

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You struggle with unranked teams already....

12 pt win over Temple...and you were losing at halftime.

1 pt win over Memphis, again losing at halftime.

11 pt win over Navy, this one you fell apart after halftime.

You simple do not know football.

You act like Bama's never been tied at halftime against an FCS school.

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:playball:

The answer is........... (7-4) Pittsburgh who entered the AP at #24 and the Coaches at #25 for beating (5-6) Wake Forest.

As predicted (9-2) Cincinnati dropped from the rankings.
And what's sad is that you don't understand why.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said UCF would be undefeated in the ACC like the are in the American. And BC probably wouldn't be undefeated in the American either.

No doubt they wouldn't, but I bet BC wouldn't be 4-3 in conference either...which is kind of the point of this whole thing. It's a lot harder to run an ACC schedule than an AAC schedule and this is a pretty down year for the ACC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an argument that UCF would get killed by top 5 team only because of their schedule is stupid. Arkansas who only won 2 games all year put up 31 points on Alabama and their defense is loaded with 5 star recruits.

I tell you what a UCF game vs Alabama or any of these elite teams would kill in ratings it would be a complete waste of an opportunity if they go undefeated for 2 straight years. I guarantee you these top level teams that want to have an undefeated season would not want to face UCF on their schedule they would have more to lose than gain from a win

Arkansas put most of those points in garbage time. Tua only played 1 series in the 3rd quarter, so basically we pulled our started right after halftime.

Try actually watching the game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you put them in the sake same category as say Oklahoma or Ohio St?

They certainly would give Ohio State a run for there money

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game is not a pattern.

Memphis, Cincinnati and Temple are fighting for a division title and Pitt is playing for a conference title. Sorry if that's not good enough for you. We can't all play 2 ranked teams a year.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it this way:

P5 teams get criticized for scheduling weak teams that UCF regularly plays for their entire schedule

It's not that people just blindly think UCF doesn't deserve it. It's that they really haven't been tested.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the SEC went to divisional play in 1992, Alabama and Auburn decided to move their game up a week and have the benefit of an open date before the league championship game in case the Crimson Tide or Tigers won their division.

The Iron Bowl winner did, in fact, represent the West seven of the first nine years of the event.

Beginning in 2007, the SEC required every member to play on Thanksgiving weekend, which is the weekend before the conference title game. Alabama was upset by Louisiana-Monroe the week before the 2007 Iron Bowl, had an open date before the 2008 Iron Bowl and has faced FCS foes before the Iron Bowl ever since.

Saban has been outspoken for several years now about bumping the SEC schedule from eight to nine games and having the three other contests against Power Five conference opponents. Before going too far down that road Wednesday, he also realized what Saturday means to the Bears.

The SEC does, in fact, have scheduling rules designed to protect their brand.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Army can almost beat Oklahoma, UCF can beat Oklahoma.
If Purdue can beat Ohio State, UCF can beat Ohio State.
If Oklahoma State can beat West Virginia, UCF can beat West Virginia.
If Florida can beat LSU, UCF can beat LSU.
If USC can beat Washington State, UCF can beat Washington State.

Come at me.
but that's one game

play a few of those each season...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis, Cincinnati and Temple are fighting for a division title and Pitt is playing for a conference title. Sorry if that's not good enough for you. We can't all play 2 ranked teams a year.

The playoffs start in 2 weeks when Alabama plays Georgia.

That's what happens when you play for national championships instead of division titles.