• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let me get this straight SEC fans...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I kinda of break it down into the SEC and ACC tried to get a playoff for years and the B1G (particularly Delany), Pac and Big 12 blocked those efforts so in my mind it's Karma. If the other conferences had been interested in doing this right it could have gotten done years ago and saved everyone pain.

So if the SEC got the benefit of the doubt more than anyone else you know who to blame and it ain't ESPN.

The ACC & SEC did not want a playoff. Please stop spreading that rumor. They wanted a Plus One which is just the BCS one week after the bowl games. It is completely different.:L

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My eye is twitching. If I yell maybe you guys will get it.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT! EVEN THOUGH THE SEC IS BETTER TOP TO BOTTOM, YOUR BOWL SCHEDULE IS AS HARD AS OURS BECAUSE 2 LOSS SOUTH CAROLINA IS RANKED LOWER IN THE SEC THAN 3 LOSS WISCONSIN IS IN THE B1G???!!!!

MAKES SENSE!!

NO REALLY!

NO NOT REALLY!
Don't care what others say, our Bowl schedule is fairly easy, basically because we are the better conference and play a bunch of inferior teams. I see the SEC going 8-2, maybe 7-3 at worst. Not sure what a team like MissSt is going to do. Against the B1G, I see 3-0, at worst 2-1. One of your three teams might get lucky, can't account for that.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going off the premise of not knowing anything, those are favorable match ups. If the 3rd best team in one league is playing the 4th best team in another that = a favorable match up. I can't help the fact that the 3rd best team in said league is worse than the 4th best team in other league. Like I said, have teams take care of business during the regular season and you won't be ranked behind them.

But we know everything...

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC & SEC did not want a playoff. Please stop spreading that rumor. They wanted a Plus One which is just the BCS one week after the bowl games. It is completely different.:L
Nice revisionist history ... the SEC advocated for a playoff long before the B1G finally figured out it may be the only way to get a team into the game. This is common knowledge.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sum up:
In the regular season it is 100% for sure that the SEC is deeper, more talented and a MUCH better league overrall so teams in said league need to be given the benefit of the doubt when losing as it pertains to rankings, BCS positioning and overrall perception.
Once the regular season is over: The SEC is at a disadvantage because teams like USCe/LSU/UGA etc are ranked lower in their conference than the teams they are playing. Now clearly ALL conferences are on equal footing ( once the regular season is over) so it is patently unfair to the SEC to have to play teams like Wisconsin/Iowa/Nebraska because those teams finished higher in the B10.

- That about right???
Sounds good to me. :whistle:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no my friend they wanted the playoff but settled for the plus one because its all they could get out of Delany.

The SEC office is in Birmingham and Slive is on the radio multiple times though out the year and he was been promoting a playoff since 2004 and loudly. I've heard it out of the man's mouth personally.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT: TEAM SEC WILL ALWAYS BE MORE SUPERIOR, NO MATTER WHAT.

256403-that-really-rustled-my-jimmies.png

Im glad some one gets it.. :thumb:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care what others say, our Bowl schedule is fairly easy, basically because we are the better conference and play a bunch of inferior teams. I see the SEC going 8-2, maybe 7-3 at worst. Not sure what a team like MissSt is going to do. Against the B1G, I see 3-0, at worst 2-1. One of your three teams might get lucky, can't account for that.

Finally. Someone with consistent logic. I like you.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would going against a 10-3 team be viewed as tougher than going against an 8-4 team?

If so then how is it that the team going against the 8-4 team, who is ranked below them, got a harder draw than the team who is 8-4 playing a much higher ranked 10-3 team? Where they finished in the conference means nothing.

I'm not sure what you are trying to portray. All I am saying is the B1G SHOULD have favorable match ups given how they play down against competition in terms of conference ranking. Obviously since the B1G isn't very good, those march ups are not going to favor them. The reason the B1G plays better teams is because they aren't good, not because of unfavorable match up

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no my friend they wanted the playoff but settled for the plus one because its all they could get out of Delany.

The SEC office is in Birmingham and Slive is on the radio multiple times though out the year and he was been promoting a playoff since 2004 and loudly. I've heard it out of the man's mouth personally.

I would like to see that. Everything I have ever seen stated they started with a plus one including the Wikipedia on college football playoffs. Yes I know it's wiki but still I have looked and found no evidence of this claim.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see that. Everything I have ever seen stated they started with a plus one including the Wikipedia on college football playoffs. Yes I know it's wiki but still I have looked and found no evidence of this claim.
This was the best summary I could find its an excerpt from a book:

Death to the BCS: The Definitive Case Against the Bowl Championship Series - Dan Wetzel, Josh Peter - Google Books

Scroll up to the beginning of the chapter Civil War.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good teams in the SEC are BAMA & LSU

the rest are just riding coat tails

or had assistance from Florida's hand me downs
or a Nick Saban Special teams brain fart

and without Ohio State's benevolence ya'll wouldn't be shit

Wu Tang that fart jorts wearing clowns

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. You're right. Only LSU and bama are good. Anytime another team wins the conference it was a down year. Cool story.