• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, it's CCG game week

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone clamoring for one for the B12?

Would a CCG help the B12 this year?

How bout if we were sitting in 2014 right now and we (meaning the B12) needed to get into that final 4 group?

Would you be interested in watching one or attending one with WVU out of the picture?

Discuss....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not attend one if WVU was not in the game, but I would watch it just like I watch the others....as far as I am concerned it would do nothing but help us....take biased rankings out of the picture and our one loss teams have just as good as resume as any other one loss teams in the country.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I don't think it would help us at all this year, next year might be a different story we shall see but all I've heard all year is how terrible the B12 is yet even with only 10 teams we have a decent showing in the rankings even in a down year for the confrence yet... OSU getting next to nothing as far as media love compared to some of the other 1 loss teams. In the top 10, not to mention Baylor

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, not much help this season, and I am also confused by the comments that the Big 12 is somehow down this year. I see and read about some pretty darn good teams within the conference, but for whatever reason, the media darlings do not like the Big 12. Doesn't that seem to happen in every conference West Virginia becomes involved?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would be wise to have the conference CC game. Since we have the round robin, it would just be a rematch and it would be just as likely that the higher ranked team loses. The conference needs more cupcakes like TCU and WVU to join, split the divisions, add some more Georgia State type teams on everyone's schedule and play it like the SEC. As it stands right now, a G12 team plays more top 25 competition than any other conference.

If Ok St were able to take care of business against WVU, they would have the best argument to play in the NC game. With one loss, there is no chance. I do not think that another game against Baylor would bring them into the top 4 this year.

I actually feel bad that we ruined OK St chance of making the NC game. If it were Pitt in the same situation, I would be overjoyed.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone clamoring for one for the B12?

Would a CCG help the B12 this year?

How bout if we were sitting in 2014 right now and we (meaning the B12) needed to get into that final 4 group?

Would you be interested in watching one or attending one with WVU out of the picture?

Discuss....

I am still in the wait and see mode about the CCG. I don't believe it would help this year to have one. As Okie St knows from a couple of years ago, the sportswriters have made it clear... it isn't who you beat that counts... it is who you lost to. Unfortunately, for Okie St... they lost to a bottom dweller WVU team. I think I just puked a little...

I will watch any CCG. I would not attend a CCG without WVU's inclusion. Depending on my financial status at the time, I would love to attend a CCG with WVU competing.

IMO, if we have a playoff this year... I would hope Okie St would look more attractive than Bama when they truly assess the SOS and the quality wins for each.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am anti CCG...I just don't get it..if a team runs its schedule and then gets tripped up by an underdog...how does that help the conference if it blows its chance to potentially play in the NCG game...

Or it hurts credibilty...Look at the ACC...What is going to look better...a Florida State win over a team on a cinderella run or a potential one loss SEC team ...its a slam dunk that the SEC title game is an SOS boost...and should jump FSU no matter what IMHO...

I like the round robin...it is difinitive...you play every team during the year...and the results should crown the Champion..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the CCG works great for the SEC but Im not sold yet that they are great for the other conferences, Slaton brought up the ACC which is a good example and I think if the PAC CCG a few years where if memory serves UCLA fired their coach after he made an appearance in the CCG :lol: just screams prestige no?
I have already heard just tday on radio from a media member that no matter hiw impressively Okie State beats OU they will not jump Alabama, who didn't even win their division.... OK and so OKie State beating a UL or Cincy or One of the other expansion candidates in a CCG would elevate them past Bama? I think we all know the answer to that one.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to have a CCG, you need 12 teams. That's 2 more servings of earnings that will need to be given. Will a CCG really bring that much in to satisfy those earnings so that current member aren't taking a cut? With the available teams to add right now, I doubt that.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to have a CCG, you need 12 teams. That's 2 more servings of earnings that will need to be given. Will a CCG really bring that much in to satisfy those earnings so that current member aren't taking a cut? With the available teams to add right now, I doubt that.

I think if the money was that substantial for a CCG we would have 12 teams today. There is money to be made having one but the money we lose in payouts HAS to be more or we would have pulled the trigger on UL and prob Cincy.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the CCG works great for the SEC but Im not sold yet that they are great for the other conferences, Slaton brought up the ACC which is a good example and I think if the PAC CCG a few years where if memory serves UCLA fired their coach after he made an appearance in the CCG :lol: just screams prestige no?
I have already heard just tday on radio from a media member that no matter hiw impressively Okie State beats OU they will not jump Alabama, who didn't even win their division.... OK and so OKie State beating a UL or Cincy or One of the other expansion candidates in a CCG would elevate them past Bama? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Boys yall just gonna have to pardon autocorrect and large fingers on an Iphone....whew why didn't yall stop me while I butchered some otherwise great spelling?:L