• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is Texas and Notre Dame literally in the same situation right now?

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the beginning of the season most of us thought Notre Dame was gonna be a great team and beat Texas easily well ever since they lost it seems like these 2 teams have some things in common since 2 weeks ago...
  1. Both Team's Defense sucks
  2. Both Team's Defensive Coordinator Sucks
  3. Both Team's need a new Head Coach it seems like
  4. And as @ElTexan said "Fuck our stupid head coach who literally has given away games. And who gave away a chance to win in this one." Which is the same for the Head Coach at Notre Dame.
Just gonna leave this message here in this thread :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only difference: Texas only has one loss

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and most Texas fans had 8 wins as the expectation for the season. ND was talking top 10. Quite a bit different

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and most Texas fans had 8 wins as the expectation for the season. ND was talking top 10. Quite a bit different
Very good point... if we both change up our defense a lot it would be a lot different.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Brian Kelly's defense (and of course this will be taken completely wrong but meh) Notre Dame has been an average program for a while now. He is just an average coach. He is not good enough to elevate that program.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie still needs time to build quality depth on defense. Takes time to build a program

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie still needs time to build quality depth on defense. Takes time to build a program

Apparently 7 years isn't long enough for Brian Kelly :trash:

Bob has had 17 years and we still suck.
We can't even teach a Defensive Back to turn around and look for the ball when he's at the corner of the end zone.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob has had 17 years and we still suck.
We can't even teach a Defensive Back to turn around and look for the ball when he's at the corner of the end zone.
Add up your wins vs losses conf.championships bowl games in the past 17 yrs and tell me how bad you suck.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong is fine as a coach.....he isn't the reason we've lost one game. He's the reason we have gotten this far.

The issue with the Texas defense isn't that they suck. Hell I'm not even completely blaming the DC.

Texas has a new DBs coach......and he's clearly not doing his job. The DC may need to take over. The damn near all freshman/sophmore DL has gotten 11 sacks this year. The secondary has ZERO interceptions.

They're missing BASIC coverages. There's no discipline, players are routinely out of position or don't know what their responsibilities are. We'll see what they look like after the bye week.

Charlie Strong has done wonders with this team. He's completely rebuilt it, and for the first time in awhile we have NFL caliber talent. The team for once BELIEVES they can win.

Freshmen are going to make mistakes. They're going to lose 3 or 4 more games, probably against a team or two they shouldn't.

We expect it - at least the real, smart Texas fans do. There's nothing we have in common with Notre Dame, they are a veteran team that's supposed to be competing for titles. Pretty much NOBODY here outside of Texas fans thought Texas would win more than 5 games.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong is fine as a coach.....he isn't the reason we've lost one game. He's the reason we have gotten this far.

The issue with the Texas defense isn't that they suck. Hell I'm not even completely blaming the DC.

Texas has a new DBs coach......and he's clearly not doing his job. The DC may need to take over. The damn near all freshman/sophmore DL has gotten 11 sacks this year. The secondary has ZERO interceptions.

They're missing BASIC coverages. There's no discipline, players are routinely out of position or don't know what their responsibilities are. We'll see what they look like after the bye week.

Charlie Strong has done wonders with this team. He's completely rebuilt it, and for the first time in awhile we have NFL caliber talent. The team for once BELIEVES they can win.

Freshmen are going to make mistakes. They're going to lose 3 or 4 more games, probably against a team or two they shouldn't.

We expect it - at least the real, smart Texas fans do. There's nothing we have in common with Notre Dame, they are a veteran team that's supposed to be competing for titles. Pretty much NOBODY here outside of Texas fans thought Texas would win more than 5 games.

I wonder if the issue is the new DB coach. Not that he is doing a bad job, but that the communication is poor. Strong and Vance have back grounds working with DBs. I wonder if there are too many voices talking to the Dbs

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Brian Kelly's defense (and of course this will be taken completely wrong but meh) Notre Dame has been an average program for a while now. He is just an average coach. He is not good enough to elevate that program.

Notre Dame has been better under Kelly than they have been in the modern era

honestly if they were to fire Kelly I don't know how they could do better at the moment

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame has been better under Kelly than they have been in the modern era

honestly, if they were to fire Kelly I don't know how they could do better at the moment
I don't disagree they are better, but still Kelly won't make them a powerhouse. If they are looking get on the next level, Kelly isn't the guy. It is like LSU with Les Miles, yes he is ok, but not going to improve your program.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Texas all of sudden wish they had Manny Diaz back?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree they are better, but still Kelly won't make them a powerhouse. If they are looking get on the next level, Kelly isn't the guy. It is like LSU with Les Miles, yes he is ok, but not going to improve your program.

I don't disagree with that either, I just don't know who Notre Dame could get that would actually be an upgrade right now

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas' continued struggles from last year are attributed to having issues with spread attacks. The sad thing is is that Strong's acumen is being a supposed defensive guru. His teams have been getting gashed regularly with no signs of adjustments. Heading into year 3, I see the same defensive problems.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame already fired their Charlie Weis, Texas is hoping they didn't hire one.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Texas all of sudden wish they had Manny Diaz back?

I think he got a bad rap. He is a bright guy. Akina kneecap peddling him. It was more about in fighting thanot Manny having bad schemes. To be honest I have never seen a bad scheme. I have seen bad schemes for players and bad teachers of a scheme

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame already fired their Charlie Weis, Texas is hoping they didn't hire one.

This is odd. If you told me Texas would be OK on the DL and have an offense in the preseason, I wouldnt have believed you. If you said CB play would be bad, I would have said you were a moron. Somehow that is what has happened. It is just odd. I do know the best CB hasn't been starting (he is playing though) and is in the dog house for some reason.