• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, is Knight the starting QB now

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Bell is healthy, does Knight get the nod, or is it back to the same old lackluster bullshit from Bell.
And??was that hit on Bell that bad?? looked like he got hit pretty hard. Anyone heard if he's really injured?

I think Knight deserves the chance. Bell has done all he can do, and it just isn't enough.
Knight seemed to calm down and do some good stuff.

Thompson looked good, but they all do in those mop up situations.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like was said after the game, don't put too much into the offensive performance today, it was ISU and a very bad defense. Remember how good Bell looked against Tulsa's piss poor defense...

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know. ISU is the worst team in the conference.
However, I saw improvement when Knight came in vs what Bell was doing. It's not like it was mop up duty.

Funny thing how the play calling got a lot better in the second half. Actually got into the running formations we have been needing to be in since the beginning of the year.

Wonder if that was because of Knight in there, or if they locked Heupel out of the booth for his own good?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Knight was in there and let's face it, Bell was never going to be a running QB. I still think OU should decide which way they want to go and right now the run looks to be the better option because I just don't have faith in the receivers no matter who is QB.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 10 games into the season, and we still don't know what kind of offense we have.
Amazing, isn't it

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Knight starts against K-State you can bet Snyder will load up to stop the run and force Knight to prove he can throw just like defenses have been doing to Bell. That being said I think even then OU should just go ahead and pound the ball to wear down the KSU defense and only pass when absolutely necessary. Those 5 yard dink passes aren't any better than 5 yard runs in my opinion, plus it won't put the pressure on Knight as much.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It need to be be Knight and Thompson. Bell has had his chance. Let Knight start and then bring in Kendall if he struggles throwing the ball. Thompson throws a great pass and he just looks so smooth. I think Bell is done as the starter.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It need to be be Knight and Thompson. Bell has had his chance. Let Knight start and then bring in Kendall if he struggles throwing the ball. Thompson throws a great pass and he just looks so smooth. I think Bell is done as the starter.

This.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday:
Knight 8/14
Thompson 2/4
Bell 2/5

So if KSU and OSU both shut down the run and the three QBs still can't do any better then what? More and more I'm believing the receivers are more of the problem than who the QB is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday:
Knight 8/14
Thompson 2/4
Bell 2/5

So if KSU and OSU both shut down the run and the three QBs still can't do any better then what? More and more I'm believing the receivers are more of the problem than who the QB is.

Maybe, but Saunders and Shepard both looked pretty good last year.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell just seems to be tentative the past few games. When he replaced Knight early this season, he came out swinging. Since then, he just doesn't seem as motivated. I realize he and Knight have different styles....Bell is a pocket passer, that when no open receivers, bulls it up the middle. Knight seems to be more of a scrambler that prefers to run to the outside. Knight brings the option with him, due to this. I feel Knight earned top dog after yesterday's performance. See if Bell can replace some of what we lost with Millard going out at TE or FB. Obviously, that would open up some trickery, which we may need the last 2 games.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell just seems to be tentative the past few games. When he replaced Knight early this season, he came out swinging. Since then, he just doesn't seem as motivated. I realize he and Knight have different styles....Bell is a pocket passer, that when no open receivers, bulls it up the middle. Knight seems to be more of a scrambler that prefers to run to the outside. Knight brings the option with him, due to this. I feel Knight earned top dog after yesterday's performance. See if Bell can replace some of what we lost with Millard going out at TE or FB. Obviously, that would open up some trickery, which we may need the last 2 games.

One of the best things we can do with knight is run naked bootlegs.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but Saunders and Shepard both looked pretty good last year.

Last year isn't this year though. It really seems to me that they just aren't getting open and there is really no "go to" receiver like Broyles was. Until OU gets some better WR's the passing game is going to suffer regardless.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well despite our recruiting class getting shitted on by rivals, #31, we have three WRs coming in. 6'6", 6'5" and 6'5". Them along with Justice coming in. Man, the offense could be deadly in two years.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh and the coaching staff have done this to him. He saw Knight get replaced for throwing interceptions. Injury or no Knight was getting replaced for turning the ball over. Then he comes in and has success throwing the ball against Tulsa and the first half against ND. Go back and watch the tape anytime Bell threw into coverage when he came to the sideline you could see him deflate when he got on the headset. I swear Josh ruined Landry with this same crap. You shake a QB's confidence and he is done. What we all liked about Sam was he was so accurate with the ball. He could fit the ball into tight little windows because he had confidence in his WR's to go get the ball. These guys are so scared of making mistakes that they over throw and under throw everything. Maybe the WR talent just isn't there but I know a lot of this group had talent last season. Maybe with Stills and Brown they weren't getting the number one coverage guys from the other teams so they looked better than they were. Sometimes you have to throw a guy open. All that being said if it were my call I would put Thompson in the game and let him have a real shot the next two full games. Re-evaluate it in the off season.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True dat...I just don't see how they can ignore the terrible performance by Bell in the 1st quarter.

On a side note. Didn't Bell get a concussion? Doesn't the NCAA now require a player to sit out the next game if a concussion occurs? I could be wrong.