• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is Frank Beamer on the hotseat?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Beamer will not leave until he is ready to leave. He took 10 years too long to make changes to the offensive staff and VT has paid the price the past two years....that along with VT's recruiting strategies over the years. The offensive talent in Virginia High Schools just hasn't been there the past 5 years. I blame Beamer for holding onto certain coaches too long and being loyal to certain players who should have been benched at times. Loyalty has always been Beamer's down fall. VT has an elite defense and top notch defensive coaches. I think VT fans need to give the new offensive staff a year or so to get their players in place. I honestly think things will improve after Logan Thomas graduates.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Beamer is VT and VT would be absolutely dumb to get rid of him. Who are they going to get to come in there and improve on 9 and 10 win seasons?

Agree here. Don't fire a legend unless the team quits on him. The Virginia Tech players have not quit on him. By quitting on the coach, I refer to Grambling State and possibly Nebraska(but that is a different thread).

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Beamer is VT and VT would be absolutely dumb to get rid of him. Who are they going to get to come in there and improve on 9 and 10 win seasons?

I'm not saying they should. I'm saying at some point, what he's doing won't be enough. It happens with all the greats.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamers seat has built in ac. VT doesnt nec have that win or die mentality like some other teams. And when I say win I mean championships. They have a bit more loyalty to a guy that brougjht their program out of a ditch and on to the national stage. Plus, they are still in the hunt for an acccg shot for fucks sake.

I dont like many other corches out thar, but he's one of em. if his fans run him out I hope they get the same wake up call those shitty tennessee fans got.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no need to chime in I guess, all of my points I was going to make have been covered by the logical posters on the hoop

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...after a loss to a team who is now 6-2?

Um, no.

We have also has arguably the best two recruiting classes in Virginia Tech history in last year and this coming year.

When that team is Duke, it kind of changes things. After VT, their best win is probably over Navy. They are not a good team, and that game was at VT. If you are going to call yourself a contender, you can't lose these kind of games.

snakeelix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few legends realize they are not able to keep up due to age and bow out gracefully (see Bryant at Ala/ Devaney at Neb). Most always want to go out on top and of course they cant (see Bowden at FSU) and some drive their program right into the toilet (see Paterno at Pedo state). Always a tuff one to handle, guess you just have to hope someone in the guys family lays the law down to him. I don't know whether Beamer is over the hill or not but the trend does not look good

snakeelix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban fears Saban

When that team is Duke, it kind of changes things. After VT, their best win is probably over Navy. They are not a good team, and that game was at VT. If you are going to call yourself a contender, you can't lose these kind of games.

You do know that Saban put Urban in the nervous hospital so I don't think Ala fears The Nuts. I am off-topic but its Monday

snakeelix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow cane man is the only UAB fan I have ever seen post anywhere/ I lived close to Bham for a while/ At that time you could have gotten every UAB fan in the State into a volkswagen

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that Saban put Urban in the nervous hospital so I don't think Ala fears The Nuts. I am off-topic but its Monday

Introducing yourself as a troll, I see. Welcome aboard, and enjoy your likely short stay here at the Hoop.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who, this year, has called VT a contender?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who, this year, has called VT a contender?

I was crucified by several of your fellow Hokies on here when I was saying VT wasn't that good this year about 3-4 weeks ago.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was crucified by several of your fellow Hokies on here when I was saying VT wasn't that good this year about 3-4 weeks ago.

we're a good team this year, yes, but not a "contender" by any stretch of the imagination, we are still in fine shape to make an appearance in the ACC championship game.

No sane Hokies have claimed that we are a great team....we have a stellar defense with a mediocre offense who typically does just enough to win it, missed FG's and stalled red zone drives will catch up with any team eventually

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Duke and that does suck, but it's not the Duke of 2003, and it's one game. With all of the coaching changes and injuries, most saw us as a 7-5 to 9-3 team this year. I had us 7-5, I think (don't want to look up the thread). The game was one sided on the stat sheet and the short team won. I mean it sucks, but it's not worthy of Beamer going to the hot seat, IMO.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're a good team this year, yes, but not a "contender" by any stretch of the imagination, we are still in fine shape to make an appearance in the ACC championship game.

No sane Hokies have claimed that we are a great team....we have a stellar defense with a mediocre offense who typically does just enough to win it, missed FG's and stalled red zone drives will catch up with any team eventually

Mediocre?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too generous?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess, in 2015 and 2016, Virginia Tech will be in shape to make a run. Our new OL coach got five guys at the top of his list this class and is alread hitting 2015 hard. Loeffler has two quarterbacks. Moorehead has 4 wideouts this class and a good shot at turning some very good one from Louisville. We have two (possibly three) RBs coming in who are four stars. The defensive recruiting is same as usual. The refocusing and restocking the cupboards (tons of attrition this past offseason and a inch expected this coming one) should pay off. We will see but I see the team trending in the right direction.