• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So if TCU and USC both lose

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama for sure

But that's not really the point either

Yes the committees job is to pick the 4 best teams but it can't ONLY come down to opinion. At some point resume has to matter or there's no point in playing the regular season

If the resumes were close then eye test should play a part. But they're really not close

I agree that it's clearly Bama. I'm against expanding the playoff. It sucks. Keep the regular season holy. College football is the only American sport where the regular season is super important.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they do, i would rather play Michigan vs Georgia...Also their 1 loss is to a worse team than OSU...Everyone wants to see the rematch anyways lol

Well, that would be a big ratings game if osu and um rematched.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resume and performance there is clear pecking order. In addition Toledo won the MAC today. Not a huge deal but that was their 2nd best OOC team
For sure....to the person to whom I replied what did Bama do to pull ahead while idle? Seems like kooky talk.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland closer than it needed to be for sure. Obviously the UM game bad. But, really, they were only bad for 1.5 quarters all season.

Be nice to get JSN and some RBs back.

for sure... and have the defensive secondary get their $h_t together.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Michigan loss was definitely bad but they played good ball most of the year. Some close games but they always pulled away.
Yes, and I'm sure the haters will make the case it's not fair we get in by sitting at home and something to that. But, really, if you put USC resume vs. OSU before their debacle last night other than we lost later why are they ahead? We lost to the better team and beat better teams. Yeah, UM loss bad but they are better than Utah and that was a game well into the 4th.

OSU has been in same spot as USC where if they lost CCG they might have been out....but took care of business.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and I'm sure the haters will make the case it's not fair we get in by sitting at home and something to that. But, really, if you put USC resume vs. OSU before their debacle last night other than we lost later why are they ahead? We lost to the better team and beat better teams. Yeah, UM loss bad but they are better than Utah and that was a game well into the 4th.

OSU has been in same spot as USC where if they lost CCG they might have been out....but took care of business.

There is no way the committee could take Bama over OSU. I don't even see a good reason for them over TCU

You lose in OT in your CCG?

TCU should be in.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's been mentioned a number of times by the talking heads on tv today... so yeah, I'm sure it'll keep getting brought up.

It's a weird finish to the season. I feel like osu should be in over usc, but I wouldn't put money on it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Did you even read my case for Huskies?
Yes, I did read your case for the Huskies. Didn't convince me. The entire Pac has been unimpressive in my opinion.

Utah & USC & Oregon all got rated highly pre-season and did nothing in the ooc to justify their high rankings. After Oregon's embarrassing pummeling at the hands of Georgia, a win over a lame overrated BYU seemingly canceled out the Georgia loss? That's just intellectual laziness. Then UDub & Wazzu got credit for wins over ranked teams that were quickly exposed to be bad teams, AND AGAIN the voters showed intellectual laziness by not readjusting their perceptions of those Pac teams after their "big" wins were shown not to be big at all, and so then other Pac teams got undeserved credit for beating these overrated teams, which helped UCLA & Oregon St climb into the rankings despite beating no one ooc and beating only overrated Pac teams.

UDub's first 8 games of the season were weak. No notable wins, an embarrassing loss to what, a 3-9 Ariz St? That loss alone should practically disqualify them from the Top 10 of the rankings much less cfp consideration, then they paired that up with the loss to UCLA. My lowly Gophers looked far more impressive against Mich St, and only a week apart, and UMn played them on the road while UDub played them at home, and then UDub looked about the same vs Colorado as UMn did and no one thinks UMn is even Top 25 worthy. Oregon got so completely embarrassed by Georgia, they should have disqualified themselves in everyone's minds for any talk of the cfp for the rest of the season after that game, and the Huskies just barely beat them. UDub didn't look impressive vs California or Arizona.

I could be wrong about the ENTIRE PAC conf being overrated? We'll find out more when we see these teams play quality competition outside of their conference in bowl games. Wins over BYU, Mich St & Wisc impressed voters and that impression never changed when those teams got exposed, their bowl game opponents will be better than those 3.

Also, the Pac Conf champs got beat by a middling Florida team. Best thing going for the Pac come bowl game time is that the best 2 B1G teams will likely be in the cfp, so Utah will only have to play the B1G's 3rd best team, but my money will still be on PSU to win that game.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I did read your case for the Huskies. Didn't convince me. The entire Pac has been unimpressive in my opinion.

Utah & USC & Oregon all got rated highly pre-season and did nothing in the ooc to justify their high rankings. After Oregon's embarrassing pummeling at the hands of Georgia, a win over a lame overrated BYU seemingly canceled out the Georgia loss? That's just intellectual laziness. Then UDub & Wazzu got credit for wins over ranked teams that were quickly exposed to be bad teams, AND AGAIN the voters showed intellectual laziness by not readjusting their perceptions of those Pac teams after their "big" wins were shown not to be big at all, and so then other Pac teams got undeserved credit for beating these overrated teams, which helped UCLA & Oregon St climb into the rankings despite beating no one ooc and beating only overrated Pac teams.

UDub's first 8 games of the season were weak. No notable wins, an embarrassing loss to what, a 3-9 Ariz St? That loss alone should practically disqualify them from the Top 10 of the rankings much less cfp consideration, then they paired that up with the loss to UCLA. My lowly Gophers looked far more impressive against Mich St, and only a week apart, and UMn played them on the road while UDub played them at home, and then UDub looked about the same vs Colorado as UMn did and no one thinks UMn is even Top 25 worthy. Oregon got so completely embarrassed by Georgia, they should have disqualified themselves in everyone's minds for any talk of the cfp for the rest of the season after that game, and the Huskies just barely beat them. UDub didn't look impressive vs California or Arizona.

I could be wrong about the ENTIRE PAC conf being overrated? We'll find out more when we see these teams play quality competition outside of their conference in bowl games. Wins over BYU, Mich St & Wisc impressed voters and that impression never changed when those teams got exposed, their bowl game opponents will be better than those 3.

Also, the Pac Conf champs got beat by a middling Florida team. Best thing going for the Pac come bowl game time is that the best 2 B1G teams will likely be in the cfp, so Utah will only have to play the B1G's 3rd best team, but my money will still be on PSU to win that game.

Okay. That's the thing with me.

We can disagree all we want. I never make bold claims such as Washington Deserves to be in without any backup.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. That's the thing with me.

We can disagree all we want. I never make bold claims such as Washington Deserves to be in without any backup.

I mean...they lost 2 games and didn't play USC or Utah.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is completely possible

Who's the 4th team in?

Seems certain UGA and Michigan are in regardless and OSU would seem to be a lock too

But the 4th spot is interesting

1 loss TCU, 2 loss Tennessee, 2 loss Bama...

Who you got?
Probably be the same old shit of GA, MI, OSU and AL That would suck

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you mean votes by the committee to determine their ranking? Why would anyone change their perception between OSU and Bama if both teams sat at home?
Well it happens often. That last blowout loss OSU suffered is still fresh in tye voters minds.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why is Minnesota not getting any love?

Loss to Purdue cost them the CCG tonight. That's one reason why, I can give you 3 other reasons if you need?

I know your trolling but

Of course he is trolling, lol.

Washington has a way WAY better Resume then Minnisota

"way WAY" better??? That 11 pt win over MSU at home is nowhere as impressive as UMn's Road win over MSU, a total demolishing.

Where is Minnisota marquee win?

Where is Minnesota's embarrassing loss to a team with a losing record?

Washington lost to 3-9 Ariz St. At least everyone UMn lost to was a Division contender, lol.

So better sure, absolutely, maybe even "way" better. But "way WAY" better? Not with that loss to Ariz St, and that lame performance against MSU.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loss to Purdue cost them the CCG tonight. That's one reason why, I can give you 3 other reasons if you need?

Of course he is trolling, lol.

"way WAY" better??? That 11 pt win over MSU at home is nowhere as impressive as UMn's Road win over MSU, a total demolishing.

Where is Minnesota's embarrassing loss to a team with a losing record?

Washington lost to 3-9 Ariz St. At least everyone UMn lost to was a Division contender, lol.

So better sure, absolutely, maybe even "way" better. But "way WAY" better? Not with that loss to Ariz St, and that lame performance against MSU.
True

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Minnesota's embarrassing loss to a team with a losing record? <--

That happened last season when Minnesota somehow lost to Bowling Green (not an FBS team), who finished the season 4-8.

A side note from that game. Your Gophers were 31 point favorites. And still lost.