• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So If Scott Frost Bust at Nebraska Should They Just Shut The Program Down?

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraskas' current recruiting class is ranked around 40 so where do they finish 30ish?

Somewhere in that ballpark.
Expecting 22-24 signing total (probably closer to 24).

Not bad for a part time coach in December. Held on to most of the ones he wanted to keep, and got his QB all while coaching another team to a NY6 bowl.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RENEW!

tumblr_m74amzYucf1qcpiico6_500.gif

200.gif
37??

How did you get past Carrousel?
What if I told you my name is Logan?
It’s not but what if I said it was?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!!! Maybe we should be talking the same about Tennessee's football program. Or maybe Arkansas' football program. Hell it wouldn't hurt me a bit, if they shut down Oregon State's football program

They did shut down Oregon State's football program. They trot out a local high school team on game day and cash those Pac-12 checks every month to put new vibrating massage chairs in the faculty lounge and such.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind....

The new recruiting rules regarding official visits are favorable to out-of-the-way schools such as Nebraska.

It's often not financially feasible/affordable for long distance recruits & their families to take un-official visits to far-away schools, but the new official visit rules help to even the playing field when it comes to recruiting....

The following new rule was needed because kids are committing earlier and earlier each year: Kids may now take official visits during Spring of their Junior year of high school as opposed to the old rules which only allowed official visits after classes began in a recruit's Senior year.

Also, another very helpful and important new rule: Parents expenses are also now paid by the school during official visits....under the old rules, parents had to pay their own way, even during official visits.

So.....when it comes to recruiting, those new rules will help all schools, but especially out-of-the-way schools such as Nebraska.

That and other rules instituted by the Big 12 to knock the pins out from under Nebraska.
Example: Texas presented and got passed a rule that limited the amount of time coaches could be out of the office recruiting. Naturally the South schools (Texas, Oklahoma, Okie Jr, Baylor, Tech, and A&M) all voted for it. Texas just needed to make the sale to the North teams that a weaker Nebraska would also benefit Colorado, Missouri, Iowa St, Kansas St, and Kansas. They all derped and voted for the rule "cuz erbody wants to beat '90s Nebraska" right? In just a few years there was a major power shift to the South teams. The damage was done and Nebraska never truly recovered. Pelini never won less than 9 (sometimes 10 games), but Riley was just a garbage coach.
Being in cold climates, the Big 10 would never institute such a stupid ass rule as it would also hurt Ohio St, Michigan, and Penn St.
Also, as I've mentioned before 9 of the 11 starters on Nebraska's '95 team were Nebraska kids. Osborne was a great coach, motivator, and developer. Frost shows many of those attributes. Time will tell.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Scott Frost might be the Death Star.
Who knew that.
But will the rebellion find his weakness in time? May need to start cloning defensive linemen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if I told you my name is Logan?
It’s not but what if I said it was?
Well Logan, you had enuf Un Comfortable Fucking speed just long enuf to get you to Sanctuary. or in this case, SportsHoopla.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Logan, you had enuf Un Comfortable Fucking speed just long enuf to get you to Sanctuary. or in this case, SportsHoopla.
I’m basically at Un Controllable Farting now

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the question posed in the title.

Yes.

Not gonna bother reading all the other posts.
Too many words, and stuff.
Did you at least thumb thru it and look at the couple of pics? That "stuff" is kinda nice!!