• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"So I Met Bob Stoops Yesterday..."

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny story about meeting Bob Stoops, posted by Ohio State fan "flying-banana":

----

So I met Bob Stoops yesterday...

And didn't realize it until about 10 minutes after we parted ways.

So I was at the Texas State Fair yesterday with my wife during the Red River Shootout eating some weird fried foods and watching the pig and ostrich races; typical fair stuff. Shortly after the RRS ended my wife wanted a corn dog so we headed to Fletcher's and were waiting in a really long line when this guy behind me starts talking to me about the fair and the line. Let's see if I can do a reenactment of our conversation with these flair head code things (my part will be played by Kirk Herbstreit because my wife finds him quite handsome):

BOB STOOPS: Wow, quite the line right?

FLYING-BANANA: Right? This is Fletcher's though, there's always a line. Is this your first time at the fair?

(Cue: I'm a moron)

BOB STOOPS: Oh no, my wife and I have been coming here for a few years now, did you two go to the game?

FLYING-BANANA: Unfortunately no, its been something I've been meaning to get tickets to since I moved to Texas. Are you a Longhorn fan or a Sooner fan?

(I must clarify he was wearing zero branded OU attire at the time.)

BOB STOOPS (laughs): ohh we're a Sooner family through and through, what about you and your wife?

FLYING-BANANA: Neither actually, I'm a Buckeye myself and my wife went to Ole Miss.

BOB STOOPS: I think we play the Buckeyes soon, should be a great game

FLYING-BANANA: Ohh absolutely, I can't wait. Two classic powerhouses going at it, I'll definitely be getting tickets to those games

BOB STOOPS: Have you made the trip to Norman for a game before?

FLYING-BANANA: Again unfortunately no, I really need to visit more of the South West stadiums, I've heard great things about OU's stadium.

BOB STOOPS: Definitely, we have some of the best fans in the game.

Corn dog purchases occur

FLYING-BANANA: I don't doubt it! There's no denying the Sooner faithful. Anyways nice to meet you, I'm Banana and this is Mrs. Banana. You two enjoy the rest of the fair!

BOB STOOPS: nice to meet you too, I'm Bob and this is my wife Carol. Enjoy the fair.

And we went our separate ways. A fair distance away my wife asks me if I knew who that was? I said no, just some nice Sooner fan with his wife I'm assuming. No you idiot, that was Bob Stoops.

Banana fail...

:10: :lol:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob really is quite engaging out outside of football.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrs. Banana sounds HOT

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha Ha. His wife is going to tell that story for a long, long time.

In his defense, he might have been staring at Carol Stoops.