• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So glad we tanked, so we can get Wiggins or Parker

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more sense now. Orlando took Saric at #12, rumors are he is being traded to Philly for the #10 pick.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in case anyone was curious, yes, the Sixers are tanking next year too. Embiid most likely won't play and Saric staying in Europe at least 2 more years.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers took Elfrid Payton at #10. PG out of Louisiana Lafayette. 6'4" PG averaged 15PPG, 5RPG, and 5APG but no outside shot.

That's the problem. The Sixers have shitty shooters. Nobody on the roster can shoot from the outside. Wtf Hinkie? Stop getting drunk during the draft, that's my job.:lol:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in case anyone was curious, yes, the Sixers are tanking next year too. Embiid most likely won't play and Saric staying in Europe at least 2 more years.

I knew that the Sixers were tanking next season. My next question is how is next year's draft class?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck yes. Now it makes sense. We get a European player who can actually shoot the ball and send off Payton. And we get a lottery pick next season. Building a future dynasty here folks. We just need a Michael Jordan in one of these drafts.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck yes. Now it makes sense. We get a European player who can actually shoot the ball and send off Payton. And we get a lottery pick next season. Building a future dynasty here folks. We just need a Michael Jordan in one of these drafts.

Yup, this was never a 1 year rebuild. Sixers took risks, no doubt about it, but they were bold risks and I am ok with that. You need to take risks to win. They are shooting for the moon, hopefully they get there. This team could be really, really good in 3 years.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some pretty good SF/SG types left in the 2nd round. Good news for the Sixers, since that is their biggest needs now. Gotta get players who can score from the outside.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...negative on their first second round pick (K.J. McDaniels) "Inconsistent jumper". Guess he fits the team.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After listening to WIP on my way home from work and the blow hard Cataldi, I am even happier with the Sixers' moves.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Irish. I thought it was a decent draft for the Sixers. I think I expected more of an aggressive approach from GM Hinkie? Anyway, got the fridge stocked for the Flyers draft tonight in Philly. I'm really excited about this. The Flyers are looking great. Can't wait to see what Hextall does tonight.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Irish. I thought it was a decent draft for the Sixers. I think I expected more of an aggressive approach from GM Hinkie? Anyway, got the fridge stocked for the Flyers draft tonight in Philly. I'm really excited about this. The Flyers are looking great. Can't wait to see what Hextall does tonight.

Yep, I am with you. I thought the Sixers were smart last night. They got a lot of good athletes in the second round, if even 1 of them can pan out that's a win for the 2nd round. The Embiid/Saric picks can bite them in the ass, no doubt, but what pick cannot? There were no slam dunk locks in this draft. I personally believe you always take who you think is the best player. I really do think that was Embiid in this draft. Yes, he has the two injuries, but you still take that chance there in my opinion. Every player drafted after him had a red flag also (Exum - what competition, Gordon - offense is lacking, Smart - shot and head, Randle - foot, etc.). Then with Saric, if you are already tanking again, why not take the best player who won't come over for at least 2 years.

To me it looks like Hinkie is thinking 2-3 years down the road, and I am ok with that. I see the same thing in Hextall, he is not doing Homer's approach of try to force square pegs into round holes, because those are the only ones available in free agency. Now, if we can just get rid of Amaro....

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I am with you. I thought the Sixers were smart last night. They got a lot of good athletes in the second round, if even 1 of them can pan out that's a win for the 2nd round. The Embiid/Saric picks can bite them in the ass, no doubt, but what pick cannot? There were no slam dunk locks in this draft. I personally believe you always take who you think is the best player. I really do think that was Embiid in this draft. Yes, he has the two injuries, but you still take that chance there in my opinion. Every player drafted after him had a red flag also (Exum - what competition, Gordon - offense is lacking, Smart - shot and head, Randle - foot, etc.). Then with Saric, if you are already tanking again, why not take the best player who won't come over for at least 2 years.

To me it looks like Hinkie is thinking 2-3 years down the road, and I am ok with that. I see the same thing in Hextall, he is not doing Homer's approach of try to force square pegs into round holes, because those are the only ones available in free agency. Now, if we can just get rid of Amaro....

Come join on on the Flyers board. Hextall is bringing his LA Kings philosophy to Philly. Speed and skill. The old BSB theme is going away. Hartnell is gone. Bring in a little more speed w Umberger.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A risky strategy. They're 2 years away from seeing if it was the right set of moves or not. Accumulate young talent and then add veterans. Could work although not sure it's been done like this before.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A risky strategy. They're 2 years away from seeing if it was the right set of moves or not. Accumulate young talent and then add veterans. Could work although not sure it's been done like this before.

I think it will payoff in the long run. We have to assume that the Sixers will be picking in the top 5 again this season. Just stockpile young talent while you can.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I just don't know when it's worked before. I like Embid and Noel could be Camby lite. MW is very solid at the 1. I see the Sixers looking to add a SG and soon the team will need to get veterans as an entire roster of youth can sometime go off the rails.