• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So glad we didn't trade up....

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank You to The other teams for not anally raping us and accepting Chip's offer to move up. That would have absolutely killed us. Thanks again.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't see why the trade wasn't accepted. Would have gave them a killer D and extra high picks.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there was never a trade offer to begin with ... did anyone in the Eagles organization say there was? or was it all just media created rumor? Tons of misinformation is always out there on draft day.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip denied he offered all the players when talking to reporters last night--but of course he is going to do that, he's trying to save face with the players in his locker room.

Brian Westbrook said on radio last night that he thinks Chip is going to lose the locker room treating players like he does. He said he has the college mentality. But in the pros, these guys are not all gone in four years, so your reputation takes a toll.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there was never a trade offer to begin with ... did anyone in the Eagles organization say there was? or was it all just media created rumor? Tons of misinformation is always out there on draft day.
This^^

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisionist history, or the truth? You decide.

Peter King now says the Eagles never offered the boatload of picks...because Whisenhunt told everyone, we are taking MM, don't bother. Among those who counseled him to take MM: Andy Reid, who recalled being in a similar position when Ditka was trying to get Ricky Williams and was offering entire drafts to move up.

The Titans received no big offers for Marcus Mariota at the No. 2 pick | The MMQB with Peter King

Andy saves the day!

Although Andy should have taken all those picks.

either way... woooohoooo!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Andy should have taken all those picks.

Nope...I disagree. Not taking those picks is the reason Reid was here 14 years. And no it was not because he got McNabb. It was because Reid built his team his way. He had certain types of players in his mind and he got them. For years a lot of us did not like them but Reid was not here to kiss our asses or stroke our egos. He was the boss and it was his way or the highway. It did not work out in the end and that is why he is no longer here but Reid is respected and will always be cheered in Philly no matter what team he coaches.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know until 20 years later ... the report this morning was they couldnt do the three #1's picks (I believe that part) and so they went to TB to see about them.

G

greenwing

Eagles made big offer to Bucs | ProFootballTalk

Rumor is that Chip offered big to the Bucs. Oh man im so glad this didn't happen. I like MM but you don't mortgage the future for one guy.

I like Nelson Agholor who is a Maclin clone but I think you could have traded down and still draft him. I would have taken Breshad Perriman right there who seems to have more upside but it looks like Kelly likes to go with guys "he" knows being that Kelly offered Agholor a scholarship to Oregon.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Those deals sounded more like typical media fabrication than actual fact.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip traded down, he might have lost Agholor. Perriman has huge upside, but Aggy is NFL ready, and will star.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that all of these "rumors" were fabricated and it wouldn't surprise me if it came from the league office. With six players dropping in the draft or dropping out of the first round, the draft was shaping up to be a bore (which it really turned out to be). So they fabricated some excitement.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip traded down, he might have lost Agholor. Perriman has huge upside, but Aggy is NFL ready, and will star.
I read Detroit moved out of 23 because we took their guy.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip denied he offered all the players when talking to reporters last night--but of course he is going to do that, he's trying to save face with the players in his locker room.

Brian Westbrook said on radio last night that he thinks Chip is going to lose the locker room treating players like he does. He said he has the college mentality. But in the pros, these guys are not all gone in four years, so your reputation takes a toll.

Losing the locker room and family atmosphere is definitely a concern. Another concern is having a down year and Chip going back to the college ranks -- then come back and coach the Titans with Mariota. Not what I think will happen, but concerns for sure.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not buying the locker room talk and to be honest I don't think CK gives a shit either. I remember a time when people suggested Reid was losing the locker room. To me it is all bullshit. CK is in not in danger of losing the locker room. Sure the jilted ex girlfriend is talking trash to anyone that will listen but that is about it.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not buying the locker room talk and to be honest I don't think CK gives a shit either. I remember a time when people suggested Reid was losing the locker room. To me it is all bullshit. CK is in not in danger of losing the locker room. Sure the jilted ex girlfriend is talking trash to anyone that will listen but that is about it.

He did….Right before his team went 4-12 and he got canned. Just saying

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ridiculousness of thinking this trade was going to happen was getting out of control. It was excellent media hype and i am sure ratings were great, but the only way there ever would have been a shot is if the eagles had a terrible year last year. I believe Chip Kelly did in fact reach out and test the waters but he is also realistic and truly believes in Sam Bradford. I feel this season will be sub 10 wins but that we will in reality have a better team.