• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Derek Fisher Will Fail To Copy Robert Horry

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horry managed to ride the coat tails for three elite teams to rid onto 7 championship titles while being a role player. Very good role player in which teams would not have won without him in some cases. Fisher to a lesser degree tried the same thing by heading off to Oklahoma, but no bacon so far. In his last year - this is his last chance to repeat what Horry did to a lesser of degree of course.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Fisher has 6 titles and has no reason to copy anyone, he is Derek Fisher. He will get a title this season though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was counting this season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Fisher also said that he had to leave Utah for his daughter but moved farther away from her treatment center in New York to play for a contender. Utah has one of the best eye cancer centers in the world, too. Why not go to the Knicks if NY treatment was so great? Why not go to an LA treatment center if the need to be with the daughter was there? I didnt and would not boo him, but that's why Jazz fans booed. Because his reason was not his daughter and he used her, told the Jazz he was going to retire, reportedly. Utah is a family state - do you really think they booed him for making a decision for his daughter?

Fisher as well was basically impeached as NBA Players' Association presidency.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No faulting the Lakers here, you sign whomever is available and best for your needs. He was available.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Fisher also said that he had to leave Utah for his daughter but moved farther away from her treatment center in New York to play for a contender. Utah has one of the best eye cancer centers in the world, too. Why not go to the Knicks if NY treatment was so great? Why not go to an LA treatment center if the need to be with the daughter was there? I didnt and would not boo him, but that's why Jazz fans booed. Because his reason was not his daughter and he used her, told the Jazz he was going to retire, reportedly. Utah is a family state - do you really think they booed him for making a decision for his daughter?

Fisher as well was basically impeached as NBA Players' Association presidency.

First of all - I agree that Utah has some of the best medical treatment centers in the nation, but Derek Fisher's daughter had a rare type of eye cancer THAT WAS NOT TREATABLE IN UTAH.

THERE WAS ONLY TWO OR THREE PLACES IN THE NATION WHERE THAT TYPE OF CANCER WAS TREATABLE. One of them is Miami, Florida, the other New York City, NY and the last is Los Angeles, Ca

You all need to get over your butt hurt everytime a player decides to leave your wonderful Jazz. It's not like they have built confidence in the players by winning championships, get over it already. Derek Fisher wasn't even a marquee player at the time and quite frankly Utah had some young players that needed the time. Get over it already.

And yes I do think they boo'd him because he left Utah to save his daughter's life - they are so closed minded that they consider their team more important than human life. They already knew why he left and out of respect for Fisher and his family, I think they knew better - the people living in Utah are smart and intelligent people. They are not so stupid that they believed the owner of the Jazz cut Fisher loose without a valid reason.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave him the benefit of the doubt when he asked out of his contract with the JAZZ.
It was an inspirational storyline. We fell for it.

But, when he pulled the same crap with Dallas, then it seemed a bit sleazy.
He begged out of Dallas for a chance to be "closer to his family" and suckered Mark Cuban.
Then he immediately signed on with a contender even further away from his family.

He will probably "retire" from OKC to go back to his family...then miraculously be a Miami Heat player next year.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horry was traded each time for the most part
Other than San Antonio, he did not handpick any of his teams chasing rings.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave him the benefit of the doubt when he asked out of his contract with the JAZZ.
It was an inspirational storyline. We fell for it.

But, when he pulled the same crap with Dallas, then it seemed a bit sleazy.
He begged out of Dallas for a chance to be "closer to his family" and suckered Mark Cuban.
Then he immediately signed on with a contender even further away from his family.

He will probably "retire" from OKC to go back to his family...then miraculously be a Miami Heat player next year.

So you're butt hurt over Fisher too?:laugh3:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are barking up the wrong tree if you thing you are going to darken Derek Fisher, he is a great character guy. To say he was impeached as head of the union is ridiculous. That whole deal basically got swept under the rug but Billy Hunter was as shady as they come and Fisher called him out on it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are barking up the wrong tree if you thing you are going to darken Derek Fisher, he is a great character guy. To say he was impeached as head of the union is ridiculous. That whole deal basically got swept under the rug but Billy Hunter was as shady as they come and Fisher called him out on it.

I personally will always have nothing but the deepest respect for Derek Fisher - the only decision I question was when he accepted that 20,000 watch from Billy Hunter at the players expense and then ratted him out. In business - he should have declined the gift and given it back. That would have been the professional thing to do

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the next playoff game Fisher plays in move him past Robert Horry into sole possession of 1st place in all time NBA history?

I believe they're currently both tied w/ 244 games played.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the next playoff game Fisher plays in move him past Robert Horry into sole possession of 1st place in all time NBA history?

I believe they're currently both tied w/ 244 games played.

Horry has 7 championship rings - 2 with Houston, 3 with the Lakers and 2 with San Antonio

Fisher has 5 championship rings with the Lakers.

Both are good players and similar as role players. I respect both of them to a point, but Horry was a dirty player - Fisher is a flopper

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this tuesday he'll still pass Horry for the all time record in playoff game appearances amirite?

I'm not sure to be honest, but I don't see how that's possible since Robert Horry has seen more finals than Fisher. Horry would have had those in houston 16+16 giver or take, then 5 years x 16 for the Lakers, but Horry has those 16 games x 7 titles - not counting appearances where they each lost. I really think Horry wins on that one, but I might google it and see

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure to be honest, but I don't see how that's possible since Robert Horry has seen more finals than Fisher. Horry would have had those in houston 16+16 giver or take, then 5 years x 16 for the Lakers, but Horry has those 16 games x 7 titles - not counting appearances where they each lost. I really think Horry wins on that one, but I might google it and see

Be my guest.