• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Cousins doesn’t want to be here

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a QB in rounds 3-5 to develop, then sign Alex Smith when the Chiefs release him in the summer…Skins won’t miss a beat in QB production.

I would wager my left, and right nut that this TEAM would be much better with a QB equal to KC’s skill set that actually wants to be a REDSKIN...and that BTW is Alex Smith.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said he didnt want to be a redskin ? he tried to sign a long term deal twice and allen nixed it . seems like ownership doesnt want HIM

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I read comments like this... this comes to mind.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
outsider view, the ownership has messed this up big time

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also who said alex smith wants to be a redskin?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Kirk guy, but I'm not gonna lie, the thought has crossed my mind the last few days. Maybe Kirk does want to be here and just wants what he thinks is a respectable offer.

But if he doesn't and the rest of the guys in that locker room know it, how does a guy that the whole team knows has one foot out the door rally anyone behind him. Only the players know which scenario is true.

Now as far as 2018 goes......

I think we are 57 or 54 under the cap. Set aside 10 for the draft and that leaves us at 44. Kirk gets 28. That leaves 16. Re-sign Brown, Long, Murphy or Galette..you choose, Grant, and maybe Foster. That probably leaves you enouhg for maybe Watkins and a run blocking TE. My math could be way off on this. If so I apologize.

Flip Kirk to Denver or Arizona and the Skins now have 44 to play with and two picks in the 10 to 15 range. Probably nets you two of these three.....Allen from Wyoming, Smith from Georgia, and Ward from Ohio St. to replace Breeland and keep Fuller in the slot.

The big question is do you give Kirk 28 and watch him walk out the door in 19, while losing out on this free agent class and some of your own, or do you bite the bullet, draft a QB and see what Colt can do, until Allen or some rookie is ready?

I either sign Kirk long term or trade him. Under no circumstances do I delay this any more and hold him hostage while he in turn holds us hostage.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. At least he doesn't try and hide it. He's never been on board with KC.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Kirk guy, but I'm not gonna lie, the thought has crossed my mind the last few days. Maybe Kirk does want to be here and just wants what he thinks is a respectable offer.

But if he doesn't and the rest of the guys in that locker room know it, how does a guy that the whole team knows has one foot out the door rally anyone behind him. Only the players know which scenario is true.

I think we are 57 or 54 under the cap. Set aside 10 for the draft and that leaves us at 44. Kirk gets 28. That leaves 16. Re-sign Brown, Long, Murphy or Galette..you choose, Grant, and maybe Foster. That probably leaves you enouhg for maybe Watkins and a run blocking TE. My math could be way off on this. If so I apologize.

Flip Kirk to Denver or Arizona and the Skins now have 44 to play with and two picks in the 10 to 15 range. Probably nets you two of these three.....Allen from Wyoming, Smith from Georgia, and Ward from Ohio St. to replace Breeland and keep Fuller in the slot.

The big question is do you give Kirk 28 and watch him walk out the door in 19, while losing out on this free agent class and some of your own, or do you bite the bullet, draft a QB and see what Colt can do, until Allen or some rookie is ready?

I either sign Kirk long term or trade him. Under no circumstances do I delay this any more and hold him hostage while he in turn holds us hostage.
thats alot of pieces to fall in place........

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How are you coming up with the $28M number for Kirk? Are you suggesting they transition tag him?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*gets out of chair, starts dancing and clapping hands to the beat*

i love this jam!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set aside 10 for the draft and that leaves us at 44. Kirk gets 28. That leaves 16.

Kirk wont cost $28M on a long term deal. And the reality is, you pay what it takes to keep a good QB... unless you are the Redskins. Then you use his salary as an excuse to do something dumb in the draft.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk wont cost $28M on a long term deal. And the reality is, you pay what it takes to keep a good QB... unless you are the Redskins. Then you use his salary as an excuse to do something dumb in the draft.
they should pony up and pay him

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. At least he doesn't try and hide it. He's never been on board with KC.

Now if we could only get the ABC crowd to admit their real beef with Cousins, we might be getting some where. LOL

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a QB in rounds 3-5 to develop, then sign Alex Smith when the Chiefs release him in the summer…Skins won’t miss a beat in QB production.

I would wager my left, and right nut that this TEAM would be much better with a QB equal to KC’s skill set that actually wants to be a REDSKIN...and that BTW is Alex Smith.

I have to disagree. Kirk Cousins looked pretty good to me with an injury riddled team. His offensive line just could not protect him. I suspect that Alex Smith, who has never been great, just good enough to be a starter, would not be successful whether or not he's happy in Washington.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ppl that think josh allen are gonna replace him are nuts

YOu are new around here. So I will give you the compact version.

Most of what I call the ABC crowd, were charter members of the RG3 defense force. They got majorly butt hurt when Bob got benched and developed an immediate Fuck Kirk Cousins vibe.

Now most of them would never admit that their dislike of Cousins stemmed from their hurt feelings over Bob... But in their eyes, short of winning a Lombardi and being proclaimed elite, some of these guys dont really care who starts right now as long as Cousins is sent packing.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most QB's don't develop that are drafted in rounds 3-5. A few exceptions, but not many. You might get a guy that's just good enough to start, but will take you nowhere. You have a good QB. You also had a lot of injuries this year. Any QB is a crap shoot. Keep what you have and pay the money or get good trade value for him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu are new around here. So I will give you the compact version.

Most of what I call the ABC crowd, were charter members of the RG3 defense force. They got majorly butt hurt when Bob got benched and developed an immediate Fuck Kirk Cousins vibe.

Now most of them would never admit that their dislike of Cousins stemmed from their hurt feelings over Bob... But in their eyes, short of winning a Lombardi and being proclaimed elite, some of these guys dont really care who starts right now as long as Cousins is sent packing.
understood

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned the Redskins, I would've signed Kirk Cousins to a long term deal a long time ago. As an NFL fan, I can't believe that Redskins ownership has messed around with this for so many years. Cousins is not the very best QB like an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but he gets the job done at a high level and I believe he's good enough to lead a team to a Super Bowl victory. There certainly have been worse QB's who have won a Super Bowl. If you can lock up an important piece and give your team that added level of stability, why not do it? Also, from what I've read about him, Cousins is a very disciplined man who is very dedicated to being a leader and who is always working hard to get better. What's not to like?