• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smart move by ACC

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This has locked down their conference. I think they should have tried to get UConn with another team (maybe WVU, Rutgers, or USF) and locked down the league at 16.

Now the B1G and SEC cannot poach the ACC and will have to look West and get the Big12 scraps.

This really hurts both the B1G and SEC in the expansion wars.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're locked at 14 so far, UConn is desparate to get in so the ACC will always have them as an option if the SEC or Big 10 go past 14.

Huetrang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re:

TCU will have choices. Worst case - MWC where they are now. Conf USA. Big 12 if remnants try to save it.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the ACC man up and poach TCU and Texas. It'll never happen because Swofford only cares about basketball (hence the Pitt/Cuse additions), although it is rather curious that he would bring in two teams that will compete year in and out with his Tarholes...

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ACC will lose a couple and this is just a move to make sure the cupboards don't get to bare.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Texas in the ACC doesn't make much sense. You will have to change the conference name lol.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think the basketball move the ACC made will make some of the schools more likely to move elsewhere from the ACC. The big ones likely to move gained nothing football wise and are even deeper in the hole basketball wise now.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed NickVT10 but it makes a little more sense if they are bringing regional teams along (OU, Okie State, TT). They won't be an island like they would be in the ACC.

I feel like SEC getting A&M was big because it will divide the state of Texas. I am not buying this UT will bring the entire state of Texas to any region. I think Texas is going to be hurting with the average Texan by not playing in the stronger football league and running off to the West Coast.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also 46-2, I doubt Va Tech or anyone leaves the ACC now. They would not have signed a contract if they planned on leaving.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed and voted on the contract because it would have been passed with or with their singniature or vote. They had to protect their interests. I still say it is 75/25 they stay in the ACC but not 100% by a long shot.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some unhappiness for adding crappy football teams. I really don't care how good they are at basketball. I don't like basketball.

I want to leave the ACC. Maybe the b1g would like a network extension in Atlanta and southern recruiting.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This has locked down their conference. I think they should have tried to get UConn with another team (maybe WVU, Rutgers, or USF) and locked down the league at 16.

Now the B1G and SEC cannot poach the ACC and will have to look West and get the Big12 scraps.

This really hurts both the B1G and SEC in the expansion wars.

I think it's a good move them striking first. That leaves them with a bigger and better conference and the Big East in the Big12's position which was their main competition. I think UConn and WVU's futures are both going to be fine as well.

With that said, the B10 and SEC don't even really need to expand unless the Big12 dies since they both have tons of money and title games already.

The B10 doesn't want to expand again anyway I assume unless they can finally get ND.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a good move them striking first. That leaves them with a bigger and better conference and the Big East in the Big12's position which was their main competition. I think UConn and WVU's futures are both going to be fine as well.

With that said, the B10 and SEC don't even really need to expand unless the Big12 dies since they both have tons of money and title games already.

The B10 doesn't want to expand again anyway I assume unless they can finally get ND.

Isn't UT and OU meeting today to discuss the fate of the Big12? My guess is they and TT and OSU are PAC bound.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed NickVT10 but it makes a little more sense if they are bringing regional teams along (OU, Okie State, TT). They won't be an island like they would be in the ACC.

I feel like SEC getting A&M was big because it will divide the state of Texas. I am not buying this UT will bring the entire state of Texas to any region. I think Texas is going to be hurting with the average Texan by not playing in the stronger football league and running off to the West Coast.

Ratings already say otherwise. TAMU has been playing Arkansas for the last two years, and played LSU in a bowl game last year. All three games were rated lower than about 6 Texas regular season games and 4 Texas Tech games.

You are being delusional if you think Aggy is going to get more viewers purely because they are in the SEC.

We've had this convo before. If Aggy does not WIN ball games, they will not get ratings. That's how this works.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas in the Pac 12 doesn't make much sense either by that standard.

It actually makes more sense for the ACC, considering it is on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean.

But geographically speaking, no. The conference would be far too spread out. That would not be good.