• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slauson released

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidest part about this Cutler discussion is the failure to acknowledge that EMERY was the one that gave him the huge contract. Literally tying the next regime's hands. There is not a damn thing Pace and Co. can do? You can't eat that contract or trade it. So instead, they are trying to make lemonade from the lemons given. Jay is an above-average QB, with an elite skillset. They recognize that, and are building around it. Eventually, when the timing is right, I assume they will look to draft his replacement. This year, was obviously not that year, for a multitude of reasons, the first and most obvious being, that this was one of the weakest QB classes in some time. I don't care if they got Goff, he would not beat Cutler by day one. Or year one for that matter. Guaranteed.

I never want a drafted QB to start game one and replace the guy, but at least start the development so there is no question he is the backup by his second or third year. I dont think either of the top two picks are much of anything. There are too many failures like Geno Smith, RGIII, Bortles, all of them could have used time to catch up to the NFL game and not had a slump second season but a first season that made you take notice instead of drafting another guy. Russell Wilson might as well be put in the same conversation as Tom Brady as far as being later round pick that just fucking got it. Just because they are picked early does not guarantee them getting it. How much the veteran gets paid does not guarantee him getting it. The only thing both of them got was a chance to win a job. Seattle had 20 million dollars of QB's with Jackson and Flynn, was hasselbeck still there even? He took the chance given to him and won. Thats what we are trying to avoid here in Chicago

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI just type spewed nuclear vomit letters all over this thread.

So um Slauson was released... how 'bout that. Go Bears!

See why there was no reason to give you names now? Take your time, read it slow, I am sure you can figure it out. Thanks a ton for getting my mind of Chemo. :thumb:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never want a drafted QB to start game one and replace the guy, but at least start the development so there is no question he is the backup by his second or third year. I dont think either of the top two picks are much of anything. There are too many failures like Geno Smith, RGIII, Bortles, all of them could have used time to catch up to the NFL game and not had a slump second season but a first season that made you take notice instead of drafting another guy. Russell Wilson might as well be put in the same conversation as Tom Brady as far as being later round pick that just fucking got it. Just because they are picked early does not guarantee them getting it. How much the veteran gets paid does not guarantee him getting it. The only thing both of them got was a chance to win a job. Seattle had 20 million dollars of QB's with Jackson and Flynn, was hasselbeck still there even? He took the chance given to him and won. Thats what we are trying to avoid here in Chicago

Seattle had no other choice. Cutler is better than Flynn or Jackson, and I'd go as far to say the degrees of separation from Cutler and Wilson are not that far. Wilson fell into one of the best D's of all-time and a running game that was as smashmouth as it gets.

I just don't think it as cut and dried as you would like to make it out to be. You act like Cutler's the owner's nephew and this whole thing is rife with nepotism or something? No way is Pace, a first-time GM going to risk his future as a GM, because he wants to coddle a QB. It's asinine to assume so. You really think all these people would put their jobs at risk, just so Cutler doesn't get his feelings hurt?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't even start with the Hester and Knox years. Backup slot receivers at best.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal tho @anotheridiot. You have made up your mind. You hate Cutler, and want nothing to do with him. That hate thus, is ostensibly aimed at the Bears as a whole, as long as Cutler is at the helm. So, the logical thing to do, is to fuck off until he's gone. Your opinion is so blatantly biased, that it wipes out any possible integrity therein. That is why I continually refer to you as a Packers fan. You may as well be, as long as Cutty is here.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears are gonna contend, it is gonna be in 2017 at the earliest. No reason to keep around a below average to average guy who will be approaching 32 by the time we even have a chance of making the playoffs. Let's get younger bodies in there and see who can contribute to a title team in 2018.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I continually refer to you as a Packers fan. You may as well be, as long as Cutty is here.
He can't be a Packers fan, Packer fans love Cutler.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears are gonna contend, it is gonna be in 2017 at the earliest. No reason to keep around a below average to average guy who will be approaching 32 by the time we even have a chance of making the playoffs. Let's get younger bodies in there and see who can contribute to a title team in 2018.
I get that, but we need vets and depth and rookies. It works better in combo form. Why force rookies to start day one when you don't need to. Why lose valuable/quality depth. We have plenty of money. He can play/backup 2 positions. He was a team first guy. Just admit it was not a great move. We will wish we kept him when injury's hit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that at some point here in the near future, Cutler will be replaced, but I also realize he gives us the best chance, right now, and that "replacing" him is not as simple as just getting upset or emotional about it.

I will never root against the Bears. That means I root for Cutler. Frankly, I've never wanted a kid to succeed more. There would be nothing more satisfying than to see him stick the Lombardi trophy up everyone's collective asses.

Honestly, the armchair assessment that, "he'll never win it, or that he doesn't have "it", (whatever that means?) is utter bullshit IMO.

As much as we would like to believe that the game is won and lost at the QB position, it simply isn't. Russell Wilson is a perfect example of this stigma.."Oh, he gets it....he's a winner, he has the intangibles....BULLSHIT. He is on a great team. PERIOD. This is the consummate team game, and those that try to pin it on one individual are over-simplifying it.

Jay's a baller. 70% of the teams in the league would cut a bitch to have him. All the haters have bought into the media witch hunt. PERIOD.