• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins telling potential OCs Howell is QB1.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20230114-110235_Bleacher Report.jpg
Screenshot_20230114-110244_Bleacher Report.jpg

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true this has to mean Payne is priority number one.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20230114-114012_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230114-114020_Instagram.jpg

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means Payne is #1 priority. They will get a cheap vet backup QB. TH should not be back b/c Turner is gone. Whoever is the o-coordinator will probably pick his vet QB backup.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means Payne is #1 priority. They will get a cheap vet backup QB. TH should not be back b/c Turner is gone. Whoever is the o-coordinator will probably pick his vet QB backup.
Why is Payne a #1 priority? Rebuilding the Oline is the #1 priority now that Howell is allegedly the starter. Payne does nothing to help Howell develop as a franchise QB.

Nearly everyone including you accused the OLine of sabotaging the offense and Wentz. Now, everyone is viewing Payne as Reggie White? I don't get it. Meanwhile, we have 3-4 necessary upgrades on the OLine. Yup, lets add to a position of strength instead of truly addressing what is hold the team back. I swear.....

Having 4 elite DLineman is NOT necessary to having a good team or elite defense. I don't understand the philosophy of resigning every single DLineman to monster contracts just because we drafted them, while neglecting other subpar position units on the field. My heavens...we need a GM badly.

This makes the pick of Mathis even more absurd.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke......relax. My goodness.

Screenshot_20230114-133532_Chrome.jpg

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Payne a #1 priority? Rebuilding the Oline is the #1 priority now that Howell is allegedly the starter. Payne does nothing to help Howell develop as a franchise QB.

Nearly everyone including you accused the OLine of sabotaging the offense and Wentz. Now, everyone is viewing Payne as Reggie White? I don't get it. Meanwhile, we have 3-4 necessary upgrades on the OLine. Yup, lets add to a position of strength instead of truly addressing what is hold the team back. I swear.....

Having 4 elite DLineman is NOT necessary to having a good team or elite defense. I don't understand the philosophy of resigning every single DLineman to monster contracts just because we drafted them, while neglecting other subpar position units on the field. My heavens...we need a GM badly.

Mathis hasn't proved anything and you cannot create another hole and wonder why that side of the ball sucks

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean we won't trade or sign a guy like D Carr. We will get olineman in the draft and FA.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think he means FA retention . look i would franchise payne because as we saw with the o/line you need proven guys to replace them . mathis isnt and he could be out till october .

on this team without great LB play we will drop off and that doesnt help howell if he has to get in shoot outs

now rebuilding the o/line will happen but settling the payne issue will help with that

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathis hasn't proved anything and you cannot create another hole and wonder why that side of the ball sucks
So if we don't sign Payne, the defense will sux? Agreed, Mathis hasn't proven anything...but Ridgeway has.

Ridgeway could fill in just fine if Payne leaves. Will there be a drop off in talent...YES. Is it the end of the world...no. There is no rule in the NFL that you must have 4 elite DLine starters.

I see Payne is the new Carson Wentz on the board...sigh.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he means FA retention . look i would franchise payne because as we saw with the o/line you need proven guys to replace them . mathis isnt and he could be out till october .

on this team without great LB play we will drop off and that doesnt help howell if he has to get in shoot outs

now rebuilding the o/line will happen but settling the payne issue will help with that
I like Payne a lot...but I don't think he wants to be here. Just my opinion.

I would rather go with Ridgeway and use the Payne tag cap to upgrade LB and CB. I don't think Payne makes or breaks this defense. I wish he would have resigned like Allen did prior to FA....he still might. It sure didn't sound like it from him exit interview. Allen and Payne are different individuals.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Payne a lot...but I don't think he wants to be here. Just my opinion.

I would rather go with Ridgeway and use the Payne tag cap to upgrade LB and CB. I don't think Payne makes or breaks this defense. I wish he would have resigned like Allen did prior to FA....he still might. It sure didn't sound like it from him exit interview. Allen and Payne are different individuals.
thats a different using the kings english :D

he may not want to be here but that will be about money and turmoil

i am franchising the guy until i know what mathis is

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep gotta franchise tag him Washington will have plenty of money with some cuts

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still expect a low coat veteran to be signed, but the Cowboys were able to build that roster because they got Dak on a 4th round rookie pay scale. Purdy is 7th round and playing lights out.

Howell who actually fell to the 5th was always the dream scenario when building this roster.

If it blows up in your face the new regime gets to pick their QB. I'm actually cautiously optimistic.