• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixer's offer Simmons a 5/170 extension.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A year before his rookie contract ends, the Sixers have offered Simmons a 5/170M max extension in order to secure his services for the following 6 seasons.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A year before his rookie contract ends, the Sixer's have offered Simmons a 5/170M max extension in order to secure his services for the following 6 seasons.
Thanks but we have our own internet telling us this already

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just applied to the Sixers soda stand and they paid me $5M! When I said $2M was too low they upped their offer!

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much money for Jonathon Simmons.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just applied to the Sixers soda stand and they paid me $5M! When I said $2M was too low they upped their offer!

I think that’s how the Tobias Harris negotiation went.

Elton Brand: So what are you looking for?
Tobias Harris: 5 years, $180 million.
Elton Brand: DEAL!

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much money for Jonathon Simmons.
I would tend to agree if it wasn't for the cap space increasing at an 8% rate annually... It means that Simmons' contract 1st season will have the lux tax threshold set at 144M...

If the Sixer's are clever and make his contract a descending one now they have the cap space under control, it may prove to be a savior for their financial future when Embiid's time for a supermax comes into play.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that’s how the Tobias Harris negotiation went.

Elton Brand: So what are you looking for?
Tobias Harris: 5 years, $180 million.
Elton Brand: DEAL!

Oh common now... They simply couldn't afford and loose another out of their current roster after they lost Butler and Reddick... Harris simply took advantage of the situation and the fact that there was no alternative player in the market to take his place and... cashed it!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes some sense, he's one of the top young talents in the league. Good to get a player like him locked up.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would tend to agree if it wasn't for the cap space increasing at an 8% rate annually... It means that Simmons' contract 1st season will have the lux tax threshold set at 144M...

If the Sixer's are clever and make his contract a descending one now they have the cap space under control, it may prove to be a savior for their financial future when Embiid's time for a supermax comes into play.

No matter how you cut it, $34 million per year for Jonathon Simmons is too much money.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how you cut it, $34 million per year for Jonathon Simmons is too much money.
I guess nobody would ever disagree on this... My Bucks have just signed Middleton on a 5/178 which is almost the same as Simmons and Harris (5/180) although he is a better player than both and the fans do complain on this contract too...

But then again, when the Sixers FO (and more teams too) leaks to the press that they intend to offer Middleton his full eligibility (4/141), Then I guess Middleton asking for 13M less than his 5 years eligibility (5/191) as to stay with the Bucks seems like a discount...

In reality, what this has turned out to be is a business that ruins teams... There are players that have changed some 10 or more teams in the NBA and really have no respect for the badge there is on their uniform... Perhaps if there was a real hard cup in the NBA, with no exceptions provision to violate it, then it would cause more loyalty from players but lesser salaries offered from teams too...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess nobody would ever disagree on this... My Bucks have just signed Middleton on a 5/178 which is almost the same as Simmons and Harris (5/180) although he is a better player than both and the fans do complain on this contract too...

Khris Middleton is a better player than Ben Simmons? You are not likely to find too many people that agree with that.

But then again, when the Sixers FO (and more teams too) leaks to the press that they intend to offer Middleton his full eligibility (4/141), Then I guess Middleto n asking for 13M less than his 5 years eligibility (5/191) as to stay with the Bucks seems like a discount...

In reality, what this has turned out to be is a business that ruins teams... There are players that have changed some 10 or more teams in the NBA and really have no respect for the badge there is on their uniform... Perhaps if there was a real hard cup in the NBA, with no exceptions provision to violate it, then it would cause more loyalty from players but lesser salaries offered from teams too...

Players are just as loyal to teams as teams are to players. IOW, not in the least bit.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Khris Middleton is a better player than Ben Simmons? You are not likely to find too many people that agree with that.

Players are just as loyal to teams as teams are to players. IOW, not in the least bit.

But Middleton is much better than Jonathon Simmons.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When compared to Simmons, I agree with this statement, but only if we are not counting : PER, TS%, TRB%, AST%, STL%, BLK%, WS/48, BPM, and VORP.

And although it's silly to statistically look at a guard and a forward, when compared to Harris, I agree with this statement, but only if we are not counting : PER, TS%, TRB%, BLK%, WS/48, and VORP.

Other than those stats, yeah, I would have to agree that Middleton is better than both of them........