• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sisters bundled out of the most prestigious tourney

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual SW acts like it had nothing to do with her opponent. And yet tennis is such a sport that whoever shows up in better shape and form wins. LOL

THis time she actually had no clue how she lost.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now only if The Unhygienic One would follow her footsteps it would be dandy!

grossefavourite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the next Indian due on the singles court? You do have 1B to choose from.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena losing every time gives me way more pleasure than Roger winning...lol ( cause Fed is done winning ). But according to SW's rabid fans she's got more slams under her belt. :laugh3:

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is Maria's to lose. Bring it home Dimitrov's girl.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have become quite the anti-fan of late, rooting AGAINST someone is way more fun than rooting FOR. But then again this is a free country and freedom of speech.

E.g, I rooted against Spain and they got knocked at the WC, so did Italy and England. All the underdogs are having a field day. Brazil barely won with their ugly game.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual SW acts like it had nothing to do with her opponent. And yet tennis is such a sport that whoever shows up in better shape and form wins. LOL

THis time she actually had no clue how she lost.

Serena only loses due to injury or because she just didn't have it on any particular day. No opponent can ever beat Serena, just ask her.

grossefavourite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornet hit more winners that Serena on grass. Whether you like her or not, that stats makes no sense. Clearly, Serena underperformed. It's like Hewitt hitting more aces than Karlovic on grass.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's clearly past her prime and it shows. She and her fans just need to accept that. I had to accept that Roger isn't what he once was and never will be. It's life.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont repeat my entire post from the other thread but Cornet had a winning strategy against Serena.

Bring her to the net (with drop shots) and hit behind her in rallies. She does not have good volleys and does not change direction well

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a part of getting older in pro tennis.

this type of decline is nothing new for tennis fans.

serena can still win any tournament she enters, but it's going to take more work off the court than she's used to as she gets older. she's been perfectly honest when she talks about how much she hates working out, but she'll have to if she wants to break martina and chrissie's record.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's clearly past her prime and it shows. She and her fans just need to accept that. I had to accept that Roger isn't what he once was and never will be. It's life.

I know you don't mean it because for people who have been following tennis, they know age is a number and only less than a year ago she was virtually winning everything when she had embolism and virtually written off.

The question of Serena past her prime seems silly considering what she has been able to accomplish and the record she has achieved within 2 years. I would not count Serena out in any tournament and most astute fans not buckled down by hatred against a player know. Regardless of how you view her, there is no female American tennis player like her in terms of achievement or sheer talent and that includes Chris.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have become quite the anti-fan of late, rooting AGAINST someone is way more fun than rooting FOR. But then again this is a free country and freedom of speech.

E.g, I rooted against Spain and they got knocked at the WC, so did Italy and England. All the underdogs are having a field day. Brazil barely won with their ugly game.

Hatred for a player you personally do not know is not healthy.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont repeat my entire post from the other thread but Cornet had a winning strategy against Serena.

Bring her to the net (with drop shots) and hit behind her in rallies. She does not have good volleys and does not change direction well

As I have said many times, it is more to do with Serena than a special effort by Cornet. Especially on grass, Serena depends more on her serve than on any other strategy. If the serve does not kick in it affects everything including her return serve and her confidence. It is incidentally the reason I believe she cannot be written off. I am very positive that had her serve kicked in the result would have been the same as the first 6-1.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said many times, it is more to do with Serena than a special effort by Cornet. Especially on grass, Serena depends more on her serve than on any other strategy. If the serve does not kick in it affects everything including her return serve and her confidence. It is incidentally the reason I believe she cannot be written off. I am very positive that had her serve kicked in the result would have been the same as the first 6-1.

You can not win tournaments consistently with just a serve. Ask Pete Sampras. He had the best serve the world has ever known. It was unreturnable for the most part. Eventually you get older and a few mphs fall off your serve and before you know there is a game here and there you are getting broken, and it costs you a match.

You are correct in that you can not write Serena off. She can win any tournament at any time. The problem is winning them consistently. That will get increasing more difficult with each passing year. It will get more and more sporadic and already has started. After the end of next year she may never win another major.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatred for a player you personally do not know is not healthy.

I think the reason Serena lost is because he fans wondered what her dress was going to look like rather than what her opponent's game was going to look like..LOL!

I also think its time to retire gracefully ( if she has any gracefulness left which I doubt). It may be all downhill like her elder sis from here on.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason Serena lost is because he fans wondered what her dress was going to look like rather than what her opponent's game was going to look like..LOL!

I also think its time to retire gracefully ( if she has any gracefulness left which I doubt). It may be all downhill like her elder sis from here on.

Serena lost because of what her fans think? I will like to seriously believe that you think before you post. It is really, really painful to read a lot of your posts.