• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sipple made a great point

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2008, 2009, 2010 we had pretty shitty DL recruiting years.

Is it now rearing it's ugly head? The only DL recruit we got during that time period that appeared to really show any promise was Jason Ankrah.........coincidence? He is still not playing good enough, but he is the best that our Defensive Line currently has to offer.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker Stienkuler was a 5 Star top 20 OL recruit if I remember correctly....but he fucking sucks.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Because he isn't playing offense. Someone may have have mentioned it already, but the Huskers were not picked to finish at the top of the B1G this year - maybe that was an accurate assessment.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I wouldn't have even read that bit by Sipple........cuz now I honestly am feeling like this Defensive Line cannot improve from what they're at right now.

And if they can't improve, we will lose several more games........I mean several......including, but not limited to: Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern.........maybe even Wisconsin, I mean hell, they have big boys up front.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"@FauxHerbie: Wow, Wisconsin fires OL coach after only two games, basically from piss poor performance.. yet Cotton is still here 5 years later #huskers"

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2008, 2009, 2010 we had pretty shitty DL recruiting years.

Is it now rearing it's ugly head? The only DL recruit we got during that time period that appeared to really show any promise was Jason Ankrah.........coincidence? He is still not playing good enough, but he is the best that our Defensive Line currently has to offer.

So what Bo and company did recruit can't be 'coached up' to serviceable players? This defense is at the bottom of CFB...

Total Defense 96th
Passing Efficiency Defense 77th
Rushing Defense 115th
3rd Down Conversion Percentage Defense 96th

That Pass Efficiency Defense (77th) isn't all on the DB's. There's no pressure up front.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steinkuhler and Meredith are seniors. They've both got 3 years 'starting experience' and even more playing time.

What is the matter with these two 'fixtures'? I rarely see them involved in a play. I rarely hear their names called. Why are they not getting some pressure on the QB? Some of the holes in that interior line are huge.

It's either piss poor coaching, or these guys are giving minimal effort into making themselves any better during the off-season.

Which is it?

X Factor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steinkuhler and Meredith are seniors. They've both got 3 years 'starting experience' and even more playing time.

What is the matter with these two 'fixtures'? I rarely see them involved in a play. I rarely hear their names called. Why are they not getting some pressure on the QB? Some of the holes in that interior line are huge.

It's either piss poor coaching, or these guys are giving minimal effort into making themselves any better during the off-season.

Which is it?

We need one of these if not two!

Wistrom!

OOLCORTFINFLRLC.20020820232355.jpg

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's either piss poor coaching, or these guys are giving minimal effort into making themselves any better during the off-season. I

Which is it?

Skin is too white, and one of them is a Californian. No more explanation needed

X Factor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skin is too white, and one of them is a Californian. No more explanation needed

So were a lot of those players on UCLA's field of play (California guys) that is and Wistrom was lighter in color as well. What's the excuse there?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing we had problems coming in, why no JUCO help? Ashburn, Vestal, Peat, Guy, all no shows. Ankrah, Rome, and Carter, a JC, are the only ones who've panned out. Now look at this year so far, we have 2 or 3 offers out to JCDT's all of the sudden. I know that Peat has some sort of back injury and no one knows if he will ever play, but this is one position you'd think Bo would be able to recruit without any problem whatsoever.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were led to believe Pelini could teach technique. That that technique made Suh and Dorsey better players. Why can't Meredith and Steinkuhler be taught technique?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time DT's and DE's were supposed to flock here to learn that NFL technique. Pelini's players are supposed to "run thru walls" for him.

X Factor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were led to believe Pelini could teach technique. That that technique made Suh and Dorsey better players. Why can't Meredith and Steinkuhler be taught technique?

I agree.

I have never been impressed with either of these guys as playmakers.

Steinkuhler should have been left on the "O" side of the ball and as for Meredith; I am puzzled at his lack of growth.

Neither of these guys have the foot speed to come off the end and chase down (from behind) a running back.

The problems we seen during the UCLA game were there vs. Southern Miss too if you go back and look at the film, it's just that UCLA had the horses to expose more of it.

edit: LOL, just read your comment on another thread Red Alert about problems were there on Southern Miss game too. Sorry, did not read it before I made the comment above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

I have never been impressed with either of these guys as playmakers.

Steinkuhler should have been left on the "O" side of the ball and as for Meredith; I am puzzled at his lack of growth.

Neither of these guys have the foot speed to come off the end and chase down (from behind) a running back.

The problems we seen during the UCLA game were there vs. Southern Miss too if you go back and look at the film, it's just that UCLA had the horses to expose more of it.

edit: LOL, just read your comment on another thread Red Alert about problems were there on Southern Miss game too. Sorry, did not read it before I made the comment above.

Yeah, I'm all over the place. At least my message is consistent. If these 3 year starters entrenched into NU's front 4 haven't got the mental and physical attributes neccessary by now, I don't expect they will get them in the next couple of weeks.

I'm hanging my hat on this offense to provide a scoring explosion to stay in games. Unrealstic expectations for sure, but it's really the best case scenario.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bigest question that should be asked is why isn't the Recruiting staff looking closer to home for some big strong young men for the interior of the D line. My gawd, I'd bet I could go to the local HS games and find some big, strong, and fast young men that would give their left testie to play for the Huskers defense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Bigest question that should be asked is why isn't the Recruiting staff looking closer to home for some big strong young men for the interior of the D line. My gawd, I'd bet I could go to the local HS games and find some big, strong, and fast young men that would give their left testie to play for the Huskers defense.

you are not going to find very many if any at all with the ability to play defensive line at a high D1 level in highschoool football in the state of Nebraska. Look at our O-line. Loaded with nebraska players (walk ons).....how is that working out? Nebraska has about 3-4 D1 players a year that play highschool and most of those are not big time D1 players. And very rarely do we produce a DT.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini said there would be some personel changes this week...i doubt its baker or cam, but there might be some shakeup for the other 2 spots, let some young guys prove if they are worth shit

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you take a turd and paint it gold you still have a fucking turd.