• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sigh...Rank My Team, Please

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah well, if bksballer89 has the guts, so do I.

Same deal - 10 team, roto league:

C - Evan Gattis
1B - Prince Fielder
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Edwin Encarnacion
SS - Ben Zobrist
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Wil Myers
OF - Josh Hamilton
UTIL - Martin Prado (big surprise here!)
UTIL - Jedd Gyorko

SP - David Price
SP - Alex Cobb
SP - Shelby Miller
RP - Rafael Soriano
RP - Fernando Rodney
P - Hiroki Kuroda
P - Tim Lincecum

BN - Adam Eaton
BN - Christian Yelich
BN - Brad Miller
BN - B.J. Upton
BN - Brandon Beachy

I drafted Bossman Junior in the 20th round, and then afterward realized I had no pitching depth, so I dropped him for Alex Wood.

Go ahead, I can take it!

I think. :laugh3:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your pitching sucks, you have too many veterans, and went too heavily on guys that might never be anything but potential.

Does that about cover the standard critiques? ;)

Looks pretty decent to me. .I like Gattis and Gyorko a lot

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your pitching sucks, you have too many veterans, and went too heavily on guys that might never be anything but potential.

Does that about cover the standard critiques? ;)

Looks pretty decent to me. .I like Gattis and Gyorko a lot

Oh, you thought I said rank ON my team? :rollseyes:

I kinda like Gattis in that catching slot as well, but that position seems pretty freakin' deep this year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like a pretty strong team in a ten-team league. Might not be many SBs or saves, though.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Gattis, Prince, Pedroia, Myers.

Like Gyorko, Prado, Hamilton, Price, Cobb, and both Millers.

Scared of Edwin and Justin Upton, although understand their upside is large.

Not in love with your RP situation and I'm not a Zobrist guy (at this stage of his career).

... you're not a guy to make many moves are ya? :laugh3:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Gattis, Prince, Pedroia, Myers.

Like Gyorko, Prado, Hamilton, Price, Cobb, and both Millers.

Scared of Edwin and Justin Upton, although understand their upside is large.

Not in love with your RP situation and I'm not a Zobrist guy (at this stage of his career).

... you're not a guy to make many moves are ya? :laugh3:

Nope, I tend to stand pat for the season. :whistle:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a lot of the draft values you got, especially on MIs. I think your offense may have more power than you need and not enough speed. The steals might be on your bench, so I would recommend trying to deal Gyorko for another SP2, or a high level closer.

I like your young pitchers, but agree with your self assessment that you lack necessary depth there.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this an OBP league or BA??

If BA i would trade Zobrist... yes i know he has multiple positions, but isnt that the purpose of your bench?? Pick up a guy like villar who may be available in a 10 team league... You would be much better off...

I think your pitching is weak for a 10 team league, I know you have a mancrush on prado, but just like zobrist, he is kind of useless if it is a BA league...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this an OBP league or BA??

If BA i would trade Zobrist... yes i know he has multiple positions, but isnt that the purpose of your bench?? Pick up a guy like villar who may be available in a 10 team league... You would be much better off...

I think your pitching is weak for a 10 team league, I know you have a mancrush on prado, but just like zobrist, he is kind of useless if it is a BA league...

Man, you're one hard dude to please. .career .293 BA, 3 of 5 full time seasons over .300... seems pretty useful in a BA league to me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you're one hard dude to please. .career .293 BA, 3 of 5 full time seasons over .300... seems pretty useful in a BA league to me.

I might have been too hard on Zobrist and Prado... But in BA leagues i think they are over-rated... and they have the name to get you someone that can help your team better... Zobrist in particular, he is one of the best OBP guys in fantasy, but that is his selling point, he is not a great speed guy or a good power guy... so in a BA league, all he is going to do for you is hit around 300... I can live without that... I would rather have someone that either hits for power or steals bases... And the best part is that you can get one for zobrist... and you can likely get much more...

His team in particular is weak at SBs and can definitely use another pitcher... And Zobrist can get him everything he needs...
Look at the BA leaders at the end of the year, no team ever has over a .300 BA, the winner is usually around .280... So wouldnt you rather have a player that actually strengthens a stat that is actually measureable??

Just my opinion!!! But again i would trade Zobrist and Prado, pick up villar(assuming he is available). Hopefully he can improve his team while giving up the dead weight(again too harsh)...

Also BA tends to be a clusterfuck at the end of the season... Why even attempt to predict it??

Basically the moral of this story is that when BA is the stat i dont consider it while drafting... But when OBP is the stat, that is easier to predict...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the power Chef. But where's the scrub pitching depth? You can't have enough scrub pitching depth.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the power Chef. But where's the scrub pitching depth? You can't have enough scrub pitching depth.

:lol: Scrub pitching depth seems to be hard to find this year in 10 team leagues. :rollseyes:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the comments, guys. I definitely need to get a little speed goin' there. Kinda workin' on tlance's advice.

Milk, you make a good point for trading Zobrist, and honestly, I don't particularly like him anyway.

But my boy Prado goes down with the ship. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: