• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Oklahoma change up uniforms?

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article about it on another site and it got me to thinking.

Now I'm not talking about revamping the whole look because OU has a brand which is second to none in the CFB world, but I think they could tweak some things to spark the interest of potential recruits, and excite the fan base. This obviously works, just look at Oregon and Ok State in recent years. I'm a traditionalist but I also want to see my team do what would be best for them in the long run. On that note, I would like to see them have alt uniforms once or twice a year, just to change things up, plus more people would tune in just to see a "different looking" OU team. Ideas that I was thinking was something as simple as a white helmet with crimson OU or all crimson home uniforms, nothing drastic or non team colors. Yes, I know OU has had alt uni's in the past, most recent being at Texas Tech in 09'. What are your thoughts on this subject, and what changes would you like to see if some were made?

SoonerScoop.com - OU senior RB would like to see uniform changes

rn_a_landryjones1_ms_576.jpg

916390227_7261333554.jpg

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with it. Forever, I was against it but the realistic part of it is that times are a changing. So yeah, I agree with Clay and others some keep the crimson and crème, but make a couple of suttle changes.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with it. Forever, I was against it but the realistic part of it is that times are a changing. So yeah, I agree with Clay and others some keep the crimson and crème, but make a couple of suttle changes.

I wouldn't mind seeing some black unis. Maybe one game a year.....

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we don't go Duck stupid or Maryland ugly, I'm for it. Crimson and Cream has to stay. Other than that, I say get some variety.

Although I will say it seems like a silly thing to motivate someone to choose OU over...anyone else. I can't imagine I would choose where I go to school because their unis are nice looking.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we don't go Duck stupid or Maryland ugly, I'm for it. Crimson and Cream has to stay. Other than that, I say get some variety.

Although I will say it seems like a silly thing to motivate someone to choose OU over...anyone else. I can't imagine I would choose where I go to school because their unis are nice looking.

You gotta remember they are 17 and 18 year old kids, stuff like that could sway their decision one way or the other. Trivial as it might sound, it is true.

But yeah, I'm not saying Oregon Duck crazy or even Ok State crazy...but subtle changes like a white helmet with crimson OU or all crimson home uniforms...stuff like that. I think it would be good for the program and ignite excitement.

Even Look at The University of Tulsa, they have been changing up their uni's and getting more tv time, and are winning games. Plus Blankenship is a great coach and thinks outside the box.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it's needed. Just keep pumping money into facilities like those nice dormitories they just built and the right coaching.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fans we appreciate the history and prestige of OU's jerseys. A 17 year old recruit just wants to look cool. Could impact our recruiting if we did a special, one game a year jersey. Kind of like notre dame with the green jersey or Clemson with the purple. Don't go crazy or anything but I almost think its necessary to get the attention of young recruits.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not above it. Hell, the helmet has remained basically the same since the mid-60's and shouldn't be altered TOO much.

As long as the uni's still feature the Crimson I'm all for some new designs.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep the colors then I am good with it. I own a crimson truck.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked these

Last edited by a moderator: