• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should League Get Rid of MVP Award

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit Theresa, I think you guys are in a worse position than the suns. You guys have aging players with big contracts and are trading away valuable assets for that "one last run." Eventually Kobe will retire and what will the lakers have left to show for it. I personally believe it is time to start cleaning house and bringing in fresh bodies! Just my opinion though...

The Suns were in the same position a couple of years ago. They waited too long to clean house.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit Theresa, I think you guys are in a worse position than the suns. You guys have aging players with big contracts and are trading away valuable assets for that "one last run." Eventually Kobe will retire and what will the lakers have left to show for it. I personally believe it is time to start cleaning house and bringing in fresh bodies! Just my opinion though...

Hey I dont knock you and I understand why you say that. Kobe and Pau are getting older and we have had a lot of big contracts on the books. The question I have as a Laker fan is how will Jim Buss do running the show as he has a lot of work to do to get them back to contention. Either way it goes right as a fan I have been blessed multiple times to see them win titles, so if this is the punishment for winning I will take it like a woman and keep youtubing laker highlights lol

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I dont knock you and I understand why you say that. Kobe and Pau are getting older and we have had a lot of big contracts on the books. The question I have as a Laker fan is how will Jim Buss do running the show as he has a lot of work to do to get them back to contention. Either way it goes right as a fan I have been blessed multiple times to see them win titles, so if this is the punishment for winning I will take it like a woman and keep youtubing laker highlights lol

Lol! Jahii will keep doing that for players that he thinks the suns should sign. Maybe he can give you guys a few ideas!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the lakers and the suns is their ability to go out and spend the dollar for what they want. The lakers are willing to take a chance while sarver sits back and plays with himself. Sarver really hurt this team when we should have been rebuilding several years back. Hopefully buss does not do the same for you guys(even though I hope he does ;)

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the lakers and the suns is their ability to go out and spend the dollar for what they want. The lakers are willing to take a chance while sarver sits back and plays with himself. Sarver really hurt this team when we should have been rebuilding several years back. Hopefully buss does not do the same for you guys(even though I hope he does ;)

Ill be brutally honest about the Suns and im not trolling so please dont take it that way. Sarver is a piece of shit owner and is hold you guys back and has for years. He reminds me of Donald Sterling before the Clippers got good. Now lets say you guys get Wiggins, when it comes time to pay him will he get paid is the question? I saw you guys cut Shannon Brown and as a Laker fan I miss him and his athleticism lol

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be brutally honest about the Suns and im not trolling so please dont take it that way. Sarver is a piece of shit owner and is hold you guys back and has for years. He reminds me of Donald Sterling before the Clippers got good. Now lets say you guys get Wiggins, when it comes time to pay him will he get paid is the question? I saw you guys cut Shannon Brown and as a Laker fan I miss him and his athleticism lol

You're preaching to the choir! If and when that day comes, even if it is in regards to signing Eric Bledsoe, hopefully he won't be such a Scrooge! That guy gives all suns fans the bah humbugs!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your words cut my fanship to the core, Theresa! That cut was deep!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright T, I think lakersboy might be right. It is getting close to my bed time! I always enjoy talking to you and hope that you aren't a stranger to our boards! You have a good night, T!

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calling Sarver a piece of shit is trolling? He's awful. Suns fans are pretty much begging for him to sell the team.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright T, I think lakersboy might be right. It is getting close to my bed time! I always enjoy talking to you and hope that you aren't a stranger to our boards! You have a good night, T!

:laugh3: I would but the problem is Sting starts crying...he said i always go starting shit, but i don't even go to AZ boards :crazy: cant discuss sports with that guy if he trolls he expect us to just stay quite & not say anything really ?? oh well i know i aint a wuss!

Theresa i will see you on our other site in a bit

Good night man :10:

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have a good nite and I generally avoid AZ boards but I may come on occasionally and say hello! Have a good one!

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Sarver a piece of shit is trolling? He's awful. Suns fans are pretty much begging for him to sell the team.

Well I didnt want to say that and then get accused of trolling you guys. He's terrible and made me more greatful for Dr. Buss the entire time he was alive. I dont understand why he wont sell the team if he isnt trying to improve the team.

dwcmwa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funny thing is with those mvp's, LeChoke didn't win jack shit until he joined a team with 2 other superstar players.

what a joke.

xer0 finally got something right

:laugh3:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: I would but the problem is Sting starts crying...he said i always go starting shit, but i don't even go to AZ boards :crazy: cant discuss sports with that guy if he trolls he expect us to just stay quite & not say anything really ?? oh well i know i aint a wuss!

Theresa i will see you on our other site in a bit

Good night man :10:

You're a little too obsessed with me.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay then. this thread obviously has some drama between LA and AZ fans.

ObamaForeverLOL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the original topic...

You can make a subjective argument that sometimes the MVP doesn't go to the best player. However it usually does.

IMHO, the MVP in all major sports is that player who puts his team in position to win and that team wins much more often than not. By that definition LeBron James has earned his MVPs . He has always led or come close to leading the best or one of the best teams in basketball every year he won the award in points scored, rebounds, assists, and field goal average. His defensive contributions are harder to quantify but he has always been the best defender for the team he plays for.

Oh, I would make the same argument if it said Durant. Paul, Rose, et cetera on the back of the jersey.

y2ktors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Nash's first MVP was the only year in the 00s that the voters got it wrong. Shaq should have won that season.