• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should have been Pitt

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what our record or what type of season, we are having, the Pitt game is sorely missed. Iowa State as our thanksgiving game is a big letdown. They will never be a true rival, and many people will not want to brave the cold to watch then play. I missed the Iowa game because of a late Thanksgiving dinner. If it were Pitt, Thanksgiving would have been rescheduled.

Did anyone notice the gold rush for the Pitt-Miami game. It wasn't the fans, it was the empty seats. They would have been filled if it were WVU playing at Heinz field.

There was a time that if we only one 4 games but one of them was Pitt, it would be a good season.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what our record or what type of season, we are having, the Pitt game is sorely missed. Iowa State as our thanksgiving game is a big letdown. They will never be a true rival, and many people will not want to brave the cold to watch then play. I missed the Iowa game because of a late Thanksgiving dinner. If it were Pitt, Thanksgiving would have been rescheduled.

Did anyone notice the gold rush for the Pitt-Miami game. It wasn't the fans, it was the empty seats. They would have been filled if it were WVU playing at Heinz field.

There was a time that if we only one 4 games but one of them was Pitt, it would be a good season.

We don't want winning, we want good stats!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once ESPN began to market Rivalry Week, it made sense to see the Backyard Brawl find its place during this weekend.

When I was in school, the Pitt was game was played at the end of Sep/first of Oct.

I actually miss the Pitt game. Of course, I am still missing the PSU game.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the bring back PSU camp as well, I understand and respect what the Pitt game was but for me there is just not enough sizzle for a game with the Pitt program, it feels alot like the Maryland game now IMO. A thanksgiving day or anytime that weekend game with Penn State would be a must see/attend for me, Pitt? Not so much. For the record Id like VT better in that spot as well Turkey day vs. the turkeys? Epic...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing they really need to fix this FSU-Florida have been playing that out of conf rivalry for years.

It would be good for Texas and Texas A&M as well as I am sure some others I am forgetting.