• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Bo Ryan be fired after he loses in the Final Four?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo is silencing all the critics that were disputing he isn't elite due to only making one elite 8 and no Final Fours in his career. With the talent available I would say no coach has done more with less over the last 13 years.

Ok then... Let me ask you why you posted this about a week or so ago...

I know he's had excellent success in the Big-10 at around .710 winning % in the Big Ten with multiple titles, coach of the year, etc. However if he loses to the Ducks this year it will mark the 6th time he's lost to a lower seed in the tournament. He's never beaten a higher ranked and really only had one decent outing in the tournament when he reached the elite 8. I'm tired of both our football and basketball program having all this divisional success but nothing to show for it at the end of the year. It's like the season was a complete waste of time as I almost expect to be upset every year now.

In case you're confused, you're not talking about naysayers above, you're posting your thoughts, "tired of both our football and basketball programs having all this divisional success". Those are your words, which I can conclude that you're one of the naysayers...

Last edited by a moderator:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he tho? It took until the near end of the game to get anything offensively out of him. Nick Johnson was the right guy to go to though. Weird play and bad execution, would have loved to see a worthy final shot (one that'd count).

Every team and every coach has set plays at the end of a game situations. I was miffed at Sean Miller's choice to run a 4 second play with 2.3 seconds left.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team and every coach has set plays at the end of a game situations. I was miffed at Sean Miller's choice to run a 4 second play with 2.3 seconds left.

Not sure Sean had that in mind. I agree with one of your earlier statements; get the ball to Gordon. Johnson is such a streaky guy; no way I put the ball in his hands in that situation. I haven't seen the rerun of that play; it's possible that Gordon was covered. At any rate; Miller did an excellent job of getting that team back to excellent play after losing one of the best players on that team. He is my top 5 for coach of the year; as well as his brother who just might win that honor.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should only be fired if he makes it to the final game and then loses. Then he would prove that he can't win the big one. What a douchebag coach for taking his team to the finals and losing. Fired.

:nod:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolly, are you a radish or a turnip?