• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shop Cortland Finnegan

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for another number one pick in 2014. Why not? We aren't any better in the secondary when he is in the starting line up that's for sure. And I am sure there would be a few takers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We couldn't get a 7th for him and his contract

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we could get stink bait for Finnegan.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, until he gets back on the field and proves he can still get it done we wont get anything for him. I expect the rams to dump him by seasons end. Poor guy, I really like him.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good player but much like Freeman his contract situation makes him untradeable. His injury status doesn't help matters. This is his final year of guaranteed money. His contract option requires the Rams to make a decision about him within 1 week of the Super Bowl. I don't expect the Rams to pick up that $9M option for next year with $3M guaranteed. I would also expect him to clear waivers.

bscobee20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but we wouldn't get crap for the bonehead. He is also fishers guy it was fishers first free agent and played for fisher in Tennessee. We are stuck with him and when he is healthy he will be back on the field making stupid penalties. Which sucks you know what!!!

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good player but much like Freeman his contract situation makes him untradeable. His injury status doesn't help matters. This is his final year of guaranteed money. His contract option requires the Rams to make a decision about him within 1 week of the Super Bowl. I don't expect the Rams to pick up that $9M option for next year with $3M guaranteed. I would also expect him to clear waivers.

I can't see them even think about picking up those #'s next year..He went from being a prety good pick-up last year to a simply awful corner this season...What a quick decline...Injuries haven't helped, but he was awful before he was hurt...I think they have to cut him loose, don't think anybody would give anything knowing the Rams will almost certainly cut ties...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see them even think about picking up those #'s next year..He went from being a prety good pick-up last year to a simply awful corner this season...What a quick decline...Injuries haven't helped, but he was awful before he was hurt...I think they have to cut him loose, don't think anybody would give anything knowing the Rams will almost certainly cut ties...
I agree. Even if he was healthy and playing well they shouldn't pick up that option. The 2010 CAB substantially changed the financial market for Draft picks and free agents. If a #6 overall pick at CB will cost you $16M over 4 years there's no good reason to pay a free agent $24M over 2 years unless:
1) He's a player who could put you over the top for the Super Bowl. &
2) Money and cap space are no object.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an addendum to Finnegan, I would also let them allow Saffold to walk after his contract expires at the end of the year...Barksdalee seems to being a good job and will cost way less than Saffold probably thinks he's worth...He also might stay on the field for for than a game at a time...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saffold gets a lot of flak from Rams fans but he's worth more than the $880K we're paying him, even with the time he misses. In his position I wouldn't be keen to play. It's a moot point. He seems unhappy with the management and it seems to be mutual. We can't force him to sign a new deal which means we franchise him or let him go. I think someone will offer him a $3M+ deal next year but obviously it won't be us. Barksdale has been way better than the disaster I thought he'd be but he's difficult to grade. There are a considerable number of plays where he's beaten or pushed back into Bradford but either Wells or Dahl have been beaten worse and they get the mark down. Barksdale has the strength and technique to deal with space-eating 3-4 DEs and pass-rushing 4-3DEs. What he's really susceptible to are speed-rushing LBs or DBs coming from wide positions. His 1st step isn't good and i'm very surprised that opponents don't use that against him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bscobee20: This post is for you. Welcome to the Rampages! I am a one of the moderators here. If you have any questions you know where to find me. There is plenty here for your enjoyment.

Vitamike has a thread going on with avitar assignments during the season. Scroll down a ways in the forum and you'll see it under the title: "mutigers1 fan avi assignments". It is self explanatory. There are also threads with plenty of Rams vids both past and present if you want a shot of RAM FOOTBALL that actually is better than what we are watching now.

Once you get past the 25 post mark, additional benefits are available to you and they will be found under the "UserCP" menu bar at the top of this page on the left. That include downloading an avitar which I believe you can do after 5 posts.

We are a passionate group as are most sports fans pages and Sportshoopla is THE site for sports talk. I run a fairly flexible ship here but I do have few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin (which I am sure you are not because your one post is good) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure you are not unless proven otherwise). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable and no scantly clad ladies in your avi's either.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous as I am sure you have discovered. And again, you don't appear to fit in this category either but it goes with the dime tour.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone. Again, you don't appear to fit this category as well.

If you have been a fan of the Rams for 50 or more years such as myself, we have a 50+ fanclub here of which there are now seven members to date. If you are eligible, present the relevant facts and the voting members will vote on your nomination and begin the induction process.

Once again, welcome to the Rampages, enjoy yourself, and jump right in on discussing the Rams as I see you already have.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finnegan is done. That big money went ot his head and his propensity for injury makes his permanant return unlikely. We MIGHT be able to pry a 6th or 7th away from somebody, but I don't think Fisher would even consider it unless somebody else gets a stiffy for the guy.

If Fisher signs a guy like Giordano over a pretty good youngster because of Giordano's ring, he might resign Finnegan for his leadership (which right now is questionable) but it'll definitely be for way less and the Rams will not p/u that chunk of change at the end of the year. Finnegan might even consider retirement and coaching under Fisher but T. Johnson is doing such a great job, Finngean will not be back unless in special D-packages.

The same goes for Saffold. With the likelihood of us taking Matthews in the upcoming draft and the continuing development of Barksdale with some decent back-ups waiting in the wings, I see Rodger gonso and we may get little or nothing for the dude. His propensity for injury and the angst going on with Fisher and the FO makes his return unlikely as well.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok being in the positive mode, I will give this Finnegan a break. Let's see how he comes back from the injury and if he can help out. He was good last year. So maybe if Trumaine continues to play solid, they put Finnegan at safety if he's lost a step?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that idea SJ76. Finnegan is a vicious hitter and a ball hawk and with us having a need at S, it might not be a bad a idea. I think that Finnegan played thru an injury from the start of the season and that is to blame for most of his lackluster play. I know the coaches will watch him closely once he is 100% to see what he does.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finnegan knows the game and a change of position at this point via his injuries might just work. We need someone in the middle to stop the post and quick slant and then lay the lumber.:nod:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for another number one pick in 2014. Why not? We aren't any better in the secondary when he is in the starting line up that's for sure. And I am sure there would be a few takers.

You can't be serious. You have to trade a very good player in order to get a first-round pick back.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Blue, I heard an analyst on NFL Network state this morning that Finnegan might do well in the Safety spot where the Rams are thin or at least in that spot in nickle and dime packages. I think this move may be in the works. WE will have to wait till after his injury issues are cleared up.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see if his "injury" benching changes his attitude a bit. But your smoking something good if you think we could get a first rounder out of him.

Counselor Chris

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finnegan may have been playing bad due to his injury. Plus you cant get rid of him yet we just gave him a loaded contract last year.