• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shoes, Jerseys, and Other Irrelevant Stuff

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This seriously should be used for the Junior Jazz jerseys only. (Junior Jazz is a children‘s camp/league in Salt Lake City.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess when we get a new coach that is better than interim, we will “rejuvenate” the fan base with jerseys that show they actually care. Why waste good jerseys on this mini-rebuild? I’m not for style but these are stupid.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under retiring the jersey: Why Pau Gasol Getting His Number Retired By the Lakers is Embarrassing | Fox Sports 1070 | FOX Sports Radio

I agree. It is ridiculous that they are retiring his number for a short term bump in sales for one game, maybe some jerseys, and Spanish viewers support (?). I know it’s not all about stats, but when he averaged 18 points per game, eight rebounds and four assist or something with them, that doesn’t make any sense to retire as ever. Is it like our people over inflate Kevin Garnett stats where he never averaged more than 22 and while Duncan is as great as he is, which I’ll concede easily, his scoring never was above 23 beyond one year.

Making 18 a big deal it’s like when they started putting 28% suggested tips on the bill. I’ve actually seen the suggested tips been 20, 25, and 28. Pay your workers and create a little bit of a tip to drive it beyond the standard 15% and yes, if that makes the meal cost a little bit more, so be it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under retiring the jersey: Why Pau Gasol Getting His Number Retired By the Lakers is Embarrassing | Fox Sports 1070 | FOX Sports Radio

I agree. It is ridiculous that they are retiring his number for a short term bump in sales for one game, maybe some jerseys, and Spanish viewers support (?). I know it’s not all about stats, but when he averaged 18 points per game, eight rebounds and four assist or something with them, that doesn’t make any sense to retire as ever. Is it like our people over inflate Kevin Garnett stats where he never averaged more than 22 and while Duncan is as great as he is, which I’ll concede easily, his scoring never was above 23 beyond one year.

Making 18 a big deal it’s like when they started putting 28% suggested tips on the bill. I’ve actually seen the suggested tips been 20, 25, and 28. Pay your workers and create a little bit of a tip to drive it beyond the standard 15% and yes, if that makes the meal cost a little bit more, so be it.
Who says retiring a number is based on stats?

These are other players retired by teams:

Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Austin Carr

Derek Harper

Bill Laimbeer

Clyde Drexler (aged Houston version)

Yao Ming

Chris Bosh (Miami version)

Nick Collison

Tony Allen, to be retired. He asked for his retirement to be postponed, due to legal matters.

Peja Stojakovic

Vlade Divac

Bruce Bowen

I say if fans of that team will be happy for that player, then it's ok. I can't judge what fans of another team want.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you provide a screen shot of a receipt with a suggested tip of 25 or 28%?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says retiring a number is based on stats?

These are other players retired by teams:

Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Austin Carr

Derek Harper

Bill Laimbeer

Clyde Drexler (aged Houston version)

Yao Ming

Chris Bosh (Miami version)

Nick Collison

Tony Allen, to be retired. He asked for his retirement to be postponed, due to legal matters.

Peja Stojakovic

Vlade Divac

Bruce Bowen

I say if fans of that team will be happy for that player, then it's ok. I can't judge what fans of another team want.

I know I shouldn’t say this as a Jazz fan, but they are the Lakers; they’ve retired superstars. Pau Gasol did not play the majority of his career there. Plus, I’m not convinced those above should have theirs retired either. What Laker fans want Gasol’s number retired? I can see Peja Stojakovic and Yao Ming, but Gasol in LA? Drexler should be Portland. I am not familiar enough with Bill Lambeer though I obviously know who he is. I would assume his is warranted. Memphis can retire Gasol.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drexler is retired by both Portland and Houston. I didn't really like Drexler in Houston, I thought it was lame by Portland to do the trade. But it serves as goodwill for Drexler.

Fair enough, different standards for teams with a lot more successful history.

The points I could make for Pau for the Lakers, are two titles. Also, if they would have had Western Conference Finals MVP awards back in 2009, Pau might have won it against Denver.

I hope Memphis retires both Pau and Marc. They haven't done either, yet. Possibly because Marc is still playing, overseas.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had mixed feelings about Vlade Divac being retired by Sacramento, since he only spent 5 years there. Yes it was the Kings best years, but it didn't have longevity, to me. But, he was such a fan favorite, that I guess if people really like him, then it will make them happy.

Peja was less accomplished, but spent 1.5 more years there.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Pau in Memphis, and think he got too much blame for Memphis not having regular season success, and not even winning a single playoffs game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer: International Laker fans.

That goes to my original point that the Lakers are doing it for temporary reasons and Spain/Europe. I’m talking about merit, not who brings in money and wherefrom. For Spain, I would rather have Memphis do it. I get that it would be cool to do both brothers at the same time, but even then, moneywise, it seems like that make more sense to do both separately and you could bring in Pau with Marc after Marc retires. That’s why I don’t like it when stats didn’t get him there, time there doesn’t, and those championships were Kobe’s as far as I’m concerned.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and those championships were Kobe’s as far as I’m concerned.

Umm what? Kobe sucked in game 7 against Boston. Artest should have won MVP, considering voters weigh clinching games heavily.

Pau was better in game 7 too.

For the series, Kobe shot .405, Gasol shot .478.

Kobe's bricks helped Boston win games.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm what? Kobe sucked in game 7 against Boston. Artest should have won MVP, considering voters weigh clinching games heavily.

Pau was better in game 7 too.

For the series, Kobe shot .405, Gasol shot .478.

Kobe's bricks helped Boston win games.

I don’t care. When it comes to retiring jerseys, Kobe’s the guy. Teams changed the game plan more to stop him. He shot poorly but affected the game more. Pau was open more due to attention to Kobe and I believe Pau’s shots were easier.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen also played great defense on Kobe.

That wasn't the first time, but it made me happy that he was a two-way player who actually guarded the opposing team's best player.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some would say that the Lakers championship in 2010 was Doc Rivers Sr.'s, since he did what he is known for, blowing series leads (1-0, 3-2 in those Finals). Not only that but in game 7 he had a 13 point lead at one point, and also 4 points, entering the 4th.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3