• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman is spot on

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say he's 1/2 spot on. Spot on about fixing what a catch is, however the NFL is right with the personal foul ejection rule. It may need some tightened guidelines, but it's a good idea.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say he's 1/2 spot on. Spot on about fixing what a catch is, however the NFL is right with the personal foul ejection rule. It may need some tightened guidelines, but it's a good idea.

I disagree, I think he nailed it 100 percent...We need players, not guys in suits making changes to the rules .... Refs are throwing way to many flags, and Sherman being a DB knows how cheesy these calls can be ...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I think he nailed it 100 percent...We need players, not guys in suits making changes to the rules .... Refs are throwing way to many flags, and Sherman being a DB knows how cheesy these calls can be ...

Yes but the personnel fouls are out of control, I have no issue with the HARD legal hit but players are targeting to INJURE. The league has already said the personnel fouls will be reviewed in conjunction with the eviction rule, hopefully they will be allowed to tack on a foul to the instigator if the foul flagged was in retaliation. No I am not saying only give the foul to the instigator, but if a PF is called on a retaliation both he and the instigator get called. It will go a long way in making the game run smoother.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree with Sherman and the NFL. 2 personal fouls and ALL they get is ejected? That's trivial nonsense. They should not only be ejected but forced to a good ol' fashioned stoning, kids taken away for at least a year, and forced to shave a goat's butt on live TV the following day.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the personnel fouls are out of control, I have no issue with the HARD legal hit but players are targeting to INJURE. The league has already said the personnel fouls will be reviewed in conjunction with the eviction rule, hopefully they will be allowed to tack on a foul to the instigator if the foul flagged was in retaliation. No I am not saying only give the foul to the instigator, but if a PF is called on a retaliation both he and the instigator get called. It will go a long way in making the game run smoother.

I disagree that there is a big problem with intent to injure. They've just made the target area smaller and smaller, and any time a player hits outside of that area, it's considered a personal foul. This isn't the 70s where these guys only see each other on the field and there is some intense hatred between them. Many of these guys are friends with one another.

The calling of PFs is out of control, not the actual act of committing an offense with malicious intent.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree with Sherman and the NFL. 2 personal fouls and ALL they get is ejected? That's trivial nonsense. They should not only be ejected but forced to a good ol' fashioned stoning, kids taken away for at least a year, and forced to shave a goat's butt on live TV the following day.

Now Now, making them shave a goats butt is cruel and unusual.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that there is a big problem with intent to injure. They've just made the target area small and smaller, and any time a player hits outside of that area, it's considered a personal foul. This isn't the 70s where these guys only see each other on the field and there is some intense hatred between them. Many of these guys are friends with one another.

The calling of PFs is out of control, not the actual act of committing an offense with malicious intent.
We can just agree to disagree.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we're talkin...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that there is a big problem with intent to injure. They've just made the target area smaller and smaller, and any time a player hits outside of that area, it's considered a personal foul. This isn't the 70s where these guys only see each other on the field and there is some intense hatred between them. Many of these guys are friends with one another.

Sitting watching in HD in my recroom I see countless penalties called where a clean hit to the chest resulted in a head going forward and then hitting the hitters shoulder resulting in major penalties. Clearly a good hit, with a bad bounce.

And then occasionally you see clear head shots missed.

Refs are human. They fuck up. Shit will happen.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting watching in HD in my recroom I see countless penalties called where a clean hit to the chest resulted in a head going forward and then hitting the hitters shoulder resulting in major penalties. Clearly a good hit, with a bad bounce.

Oh, I agree. It's a tough job to officiate high speed collisions in the NFL with cinstantly changing rule framwork. Which makes this rule even more dumb imo. This is simply in response to the cluster fuck Steelers-Bengals game. But I don't think you need rule changes to keep that from happening, it should have never happened in the first place.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No contact rule is ridiculous... No consistency with that call... I mean I get the concussion issue and the need to protect blatant head shots, but the no contact issue and some of the PI call's are just an effin joke... You cannot expect DB's to not put feelers out and make some contact running down field or having a receiver run right at them initiating contact... I hope one day the NFL changes the penalties on PI's and eliminates the spot fouls and auto 1st downs... No contact and PI's have nothing to do with player safety, give defenses a fricking break.. Let's allow the players to vote on it, I've talked to NFL players about the no contact and everyone I've talked to say's it's bad for the game.... So once again, guy's in suits and ties alter the game...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No contact rule is ridiculous... No consistency with that call... I mean I get the concussion issue and the need to protect blatant head shots, but the no contact issue and some of the PI call's are just an effin joke... You cannot expect DB's to not put feelers out and make some contact running down field or having a receiver run right at them initiating contact... I hope one day the NFL changes the penalties on PI's and eliminates the spot fouls and auto 1st downs... No contact and PI's have nothing to do with player safety, give defenses a fricking break.. Let's allow the players to vote on it, I've talked to NFL players about the no contact and everyone I've talked to say's it's bad for the game.... So once again, guy's in suits and ties alter the game...

Mind sharing which NFL players?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of ejection for 2 personal fouls, but they need to have different degrees of personal fouls. Blow to head, definitely 2 of those and you are gone. But getting flagged for 2 chop blocks shouldn't be an ejection.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of ejection for 2 personal fouls, but they need to have different degrees of personal fouls. Blow to head, definitely 2 of those and you are gone. But getting flagged for 2 chop blocks shouldn't be an ejection.

There should be flagrant fouls and non-flagrant fouls. A lot of "blows to the head" flags are initiated by the ball carrier from lowering their head, and some that are just grazes to the helmet from an elbow or a knee.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mind sharing which NFL players?

Um... I would prefer not to say ... I just don't want to speak for them personally... I've talked to an ex NFL head coach about it also ... No contact is not a league favorite, it makes it very difficult for DB's... I"m sure if you talked to some receivers in the NFL they might think differently...

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sherman, but he's wrong on this and he's wrong about dismissing good ideas just because they came from "guys in suits". Frankly, that dismissive attitude about league officials betrays a surprising level of ignorance from a guy I've always thought was one of the smarter guys in the league.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they've said it's 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that will result in an ejection and if they make all personal fouls review-able that solves the problem.

That way if you get flagged for a clean hit it'll be reviewed and likely reversed and people will only get thrown out for actual fouls instead of just judgement calls.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really...suits run the game, the players are the game....I think former players should have input, but the rule changes are almost always put in place to satisfy suits...when the sponsors (suits) say...you guys need to shorten the game, you're running over your allotted time...suits will make rule changes to speed up the game...legal suits say your liability is too great...they change the rules on hitting...etc.

The brand police suits I'm sure had input into auto ejection.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is clueless. Who does he think is on the competition committee? Of the 9 members, 5 are former players & 2 others are former coaches.

If players could control or police themselves, new rules wouldn't be needed.