• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sheldon Richardson Trade

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an idea Sayre Bedinger of Predominantly Orange floated: The Broncos pursue a trade for Sheldon Richardson of the Jets. I am often skeptical of trades in the middle of the season, but I like this idea. (Either this or another look at Joe Thomas.) Bedinger supposes a 2nd round and a role player may be good compensation. A guy like Richardson could really shore up that run defense and be a huge asset going forward this year.

Your thoughts?

Denver Broncos trades: Sheldon Richardson should be targeted

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it makes more sense than people realize. The Jets are looking at a lost season. They already have an abundance at the DE position and most likely would not be signing him after his 5th year option year. He has been a bit of an off the field headache as well as there was a huge argument in the locker room between him and Brandon Marshall recently. So maybe the team is actually looking to unload him and who better to than maybe the team that has the best chance to beat their rival the Patriots.

Throw in this year he is dirt cheap. Cap wise he would cost less than $1 million this season towards our cap. Plus we can fit him under our cap next year with possibly $40 million in cap space at this time. Also think of it this way...Let's say we do trade a 2nd round pick for him. Well after 2017 after having most likely a great season with 1-on-1 opportunities here in Denver good chance he gets a huge deal like in the Malik Jackson type situation so the Broncos end up getting a 3rd round comp pick back in exchange. So we are trading a 2nd for a 3rd plus 2 years worth of service of one of the best DE's in football. Now yes that is getting a bit ahead of myself but I do think this makes sense for both teams.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Richardson declared yet?!

(Sorry, old KFFL humor)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Richardson as a player. I think he would be a plus on this Bronco's team.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this team really needs is a MLB'er named Danny ..

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ride the ship no need to panic and make moves that have no guarantee of success in transition mode . If we sputter this season we sputter reload next year. This year is about getting young QB exp and dealing with a SB champ target on our back.

OL woes and MLB woes are just as big of issues as DL. To be honest I don't see Denver doing any big during season moves

Last edited:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ride the ship no need to panic and make moves that have no guarantee of success in transition mode . If we sputter this season we sputter reload next year. This year is about getting young QB exp and dealing with a SB champ target on our back.

OL woes and MLB woes are just as big of issues as DL. To be honest I don't see Denver doing any big during season moves

There is a big part of me that believes this as well. The goal on a team like this is always to contend, and I think the Broncos are still a contender in the AFC. But there is a reason few teams have repeated as champs. It's hard to do. As much as I want to see the Broncos repeat, there is a big part of me that would consider a 10-6 or so finish and a playoff win a successful season. Especially considering how many considered them a team that would struggle to reach .500.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a great trade for Denver. However, I think the Defense is more scheme adjustments while the Oline may be a talent issue.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a great trade for Denver. However, I think the Defense is more scheme adjustments while the Oline may be a talent issue.

I think it's also turnover on the O-line. The ZBS is highly dependent on continuity and knowing what the man next to you is thinking and how he'll react to certain things. We have a grand total of 1 of 5 starters from last year on the line this year. So...

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think Elway is thinking anything other than repeat you don't know squat. :)

I like you thinking !! every year is the right year to win the Supperbowl

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think Elway is thinking anything other than repeat you don't know squat. :)

Well no shit. Seriously, no shit. Elway and everyone within the organization is thinking repeat because it's their fucking job. I'm a fan and see a repeat as so rare I wouldn't consider it a failure of a season if the Broncos fall short. But of course the Elways and Kubiaks of the world are thinking repeat. They damn well should be.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no shit. Seriously, no shit. Elway and everyone within the organization is thinking repeat because it's their fucking job. I'm a fan and see a repeat as so rare I wouldn't consider it a failure of a season if the Broncos fall short. But of course the Elways and Kubiaks of the world are thinking repeat. They damn well should be.

I agree 100% with this great post.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well right now the rumor is at least for Joe Thomas it is a 2nd round pick and my guess is Sheldon Richardson would be about the same. Joe Staley is another name on the market but the 49ers are wanting a 1st round pick. Now just thinking about it the Broncos have really struggled in the 2nd round to find quality players...

Adam Gotsis--don't know what he will be yet
Ty Sambrailo--too early to call him a bust but he is getting close to that title
Cody Latimer--been great on special teams but that is about it
Montee Ball--Well I think we all know how that turned out
Derek Wolfe--Great player love this pick by Elway
Brock Osweiler--Decent player but not what we hoped he would become
Rahim Moore--Up and down player
Orlando Franklin--Probably the best of the group but even he had his struggles

So only one star among the group in Derek Wolfe and even he though took a few years before we saw what he could do. So not sure giving up a 2nd round pick for a proven great player like Sheldon Richardson (who is actually very cheap contract wise) would be a panic move.

Joe Thomas is the move I would question a little at this point in the season mostly because where does he play? Okung has done really well at the LT spot and hasn't played RT since maybe college. So you would be asking him to learn a whole new position and not sure that would be our smartest move. Plus then that probably means Stephenson moves to one of the guard spots so you are then changing 3 positions on the OL with just that one signing. For a group that needs better communication and unity that doesn't seem like the best option to see that happen.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheldon Richardson is like 6 years younger than Joe Thomas and arguably the better player when actually playing the correct position. Richardson to me is in a weird spot where he is either untradable because he is too good and trading him will get the Jets GM fired or he is untradable because his mouth makes him too dangerous in a locker room and no one will want him. I currently think he is in the first category.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheldon Richardson is like 6 years younger than Joe Thomas and arguably the better player when actually playing the correct position. Richardson to me is in a weird spot where he is either untradable because he is too good and trading him will get the Jets GM fired or he is untradable because his mouth makes him too dangerous in a locker room and no one will want him. I currently think he is in the first category.

He is definitely a tough player to figure out. His off the field issue a year or so ago was ridiculous. I thought they were going to cut him back then especially after drafting Leonard Williams.

If the Jets had lost yesterday I think he would have become much more expendable. Any time though teams have even a glimmer of hope that they might make the playoffs they never seem to want to pull the trigger on these types of deals. Still I just can't see the Jets re-signing Richardson after his rookie contract is up. He is ridiculously talented but Williams has played well and they just signed Wilkerson to a huge deal. So Richardson seems like the odd man out so getting maybe a 2nd round pick makes sense. At the same time getting production this year and next year then letting him walk for a big contract possibly nets them a 3rd round comp pick later anyway. So maybe it is worth just holding onto him.

This deal definitely makes more sense for the Broncos than probably the Jets at this point considering how cheap of an option Richardson is this year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question......Why would the Jets trade Sheldon Richards to the Broncos?

Broncos fans would love it, but that's like saying, Should the Broncos trade for Rob Gronkowski? Of course they should. But why would the Patriots trade him to anyone?

The Jets won their second game yesterday and just may be starting to turn a corner. Geno Smith is gone for the year with a torn ACL but, you never know.

I'm not trying to be an ass or a troll, but do you honestly think that the Jets would give up a top quality defensive lineman for a low middle or lower second round pick? The Broncos will be picking in the twenties. My feeling is that Richardson is better than the 55th draft pick in 2017.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question......Why would the Jets trade Sheldon Richards to the Broncos?

Broncos fans would love it, but that's like saying, Should the Broncos trade for Rob Gronkowski? Of course they should. But why would the Patriots trade him to anyone?

The Jets won their second game yesterday and just may be starting to turn a corner. Geno Smith is gone for the year with a torn ACL but, you never know.

I'm not trying to be an ass or a troll, but do you honestly think that the Jets would give up a top quality defensive lineman for a low middle or lower second round pick? The Broncos will be picking in the twenties. My feeling is that Richardson is better than the 55th draft pick in 2017.

Ummm pretty sure the Broncos will be picking 32nd in the 2nd round. Few reasons they might trade him

1) His value has probably never been higher
2) While yes they got their 2nd win of the season it is pretty obvious they are not winning the division and are already 3-4 games behind in the wild card race so while there is a chance it isn't a great one.
3) His off the field issues
4) He has had locker room run ins with teammates
5) They just signed Wilkerson to a long-term deal and drafted Leonard Williams. Good chance Sheldon Richardson is not in the long-term plans for the Jets
6) The Broncos are considered one of the few teams that could take down the Jet's biggest rival in the Patriots so this trade gives them something plus gets to stick it to the Patriots at the same time possibly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Broncos make any trades but if there is one team that has been aggressive in getting something done it has been the Broncos. Elway is one of the few GM's out there willing to make a mid season move to try and better the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of trades Jon Gruden said that if the Broncos offense continues to struggle he thinks the Broncos should trade for Jay Cutler or Tony Romo. If our offense continues to struggle then to me time to just give the rookie his game time experience and see what he can do and build for next year. Yes we want to win this season but the cap ramifications would definitely destroy possible future years down the road.