• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaq: Dwight couldn't handle LA

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Houstonians see as a cheap shot are his exact words:
"little town like Houston. That's right, little town. I said it"

He went out of his way to take that shot at Houston. He couldn't stop at saying Dwight can't handle the pressure of LA (which I agree with).

He had to take that shot at Houston.

Spin it like you want. Those were his exact words.

Compared to LA, Houston is a "little town." There are 23M people in Southern California and it's the entertainment capital of the world. I don't see it as a cheap shot at Houston as much as making fun of his opinion that Dwight can't handle LA and fled to "a little town" to escape the bright lights.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Kobe came didn't come back or was only a shell of himself, Dwight would get a pass because of that injury!!

Dwight wants a ring and that would be a year wasted.

And since I think we can all agree that Houston is unlikely to win the championship this year, what's the difference?

Dwight doesn't give a shit about a ring and he knows full well that his selfishness will ensure that whatever team he plays for will not win one.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to LA, Houston is a "little town." There are 23M people in Southern California and it's the entertainment capital of the world. I don't see it as a cheap shot at Houston as much as making fun of his opinion that Dwight can't handle LA and fled to "a little town" to escape the bright lights.
He should've stayed in Orlando. He wouldn't have any pressure being James' bitch in Florida, and he would have his tax free contract.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should've stayed in Orlando. He wouldn't have any pressure being James' bitch in Florida, and he would have his tax free contract.

The big baby will never be happy anywhere he goes. I detest the guy now.

ThaHandyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight doesn't give a shit about a ring and he knows full well that his selfishness will ensure that whatever team he plays for will not win one.

No team with Dwight Howard as an offensive focal point will win a championship. He isn't skilled enough. I cannot believe that after being in the league this long he doesn't have a baby hook with either hand. He has no post game. His offense is dunks. No dunks, no offense.

Heard Yao and Hakeem are gonna work with him though... poor guys, talk about a thankless job.

Davwy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking 2 special circumstances to prove your point hardly proves your point. However only 1 of those won it in their 1st year meaning that my 2-4 window is still dead on. I will also add that the team that won it in year one was the team that only won 1.

You have to realize that those Lakers and Boston teams ran into each other. That Final that Boston beat the Lakers in the last decade, somebody had to lose first. Boston didn't win more, but you can ague that injuries prevented them from getting to the Finals after the first season, and not lack of talent. Miami was probably the better team against Dallas, but not that much better where they beat the Mav when they didn't play their best. Having said that, I don't think the Rockets are in the same category as the Celtic, Lakers and Heat teams that we speak of. All three probably have more talent than the Rockets and better coaching.

And if Howard thinks he's getting more touches than Harden, then he's going to be disappointed. Howard is not going to serve the same function as Malone and the Dream. You can call it Howard's team, but Harden is the key.

The whole point of this thread is saying that Dwight either is or is not afraid of the scrutiny but most of the laker fans are saying that it wouldn't be on him until they rebuilt the team. End of discussion.

Howard was getting criticism like any other key star player on the Lakers (Odom, Gasol, Bynum, Metta, Fisher. And I mean local criticism. If Howard couldn't take the criticism, then turn off the radio. Bynum got the criticism, but didn't care and made comments like he didn't care. He just wanted the ball and thought he could carry a team. He had the right mentality of wanting to dominate, but really didn't have the maturity. Gasol has been getting the criticism and constant talks of trade, but only talked about being traded when he was put on the bench. He just wants to play and show everybody he can perform. Odom got constant criticism for his lack of consistency. But was devastated wanted to trade him away in that Chris Paul debacle. And Metta doesn't care what people say. All of them love the Los Angeles lifestyle and a appear to live it. Bynum still lives here. Howard appear to react to his criticism more than any of them even, though it's Kobe's team. I can't image how Howard would react if it were his team.

Remember, even Lebron had to learn how to react to the increase criticism after going to Miami and the Decision. Remember, he said how he first tried to embrace the bad boy image he had, but that really isn't him. He had to be himself. He embraced the criticism instead of ignoring it. Though many may not like Kobe's hardheadedness, but he, like Garnett, don't let the criticism effect their game. Garnett took his attitude the Boston.

LA fans are right. It would not be Howard until it's really his team. But I think Howard wanted it now, but he doesnt' seem to be able to take the criticism even when it's not his team.

Then we take it further and Dwight is doing what we want evry super star to do, chase rings!!! He is doing that.

Tell me, do you really think Dwight has more choice in the personnel nest year when he hopes the Lakers build around him when they can't even get a coach for him? He has no idea what players will be on the team outside injury comeback Kobe and 80 year old Nash and you guys want him to stay for the bright lights? Come the fuck on.

Come on, this thread is really silly, I am out.

dd

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big baby will never be happy anywhere he goes. I detest the guy now.
I imagine if signed with a fucking team from Israel... "I prefer olives in my humus! I'm gone".

Rhino

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love'n the #DH12 hatters. lol.

Howard made the right move. And I am not saying that because I am a Rockets fan. He wants to win a championship and over his 5 choices Houston does offer him that chance. No one expected Houston to contend this past season but we did. Howard makes Houston stronger on both ends of the court. His offense is better than Asik's and his defense is leaps and bounds better than the entire Rockets team. Houston lost a lot of close games this past season and with the addition of Howard we take a few more of those close games. I am not saying Houston is a championship team right now just because of Howard. That will depend on Houstons next move this offseason

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nash comes out and plays like he's 80 this year, we might as well tank for the lotto. The only reason we got D'Antoni was because of him.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team with Dwight Howard as an offensive focal point will win a championship. He isn't skilled enough. I cannot believe that after being in the league this long he doesn't have a baby hook with either hand. He has no post game. His offense is dunks. No dunks, no offense.

Heard Yao and Hakeem are gonna work with him though... poor guys, talk about a thankless job.

He totally rebuffed any attempts Kareem made to work with him and they never even met each other until the season was almost over. He doesn't care about winning a ring.

ThaHandyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howard made the right move. And I am not saying that because I am a Rockets fan. He wants to win a championship and over his 5 choices Houston does offer him that chance. No one expected Houston to contend this past season but we did. Howard makes Houston stronger on both ends of the court. His offense is better than Asik's and his defense is leaps and bounds better than the entire Rockets team. Houston lost a lot of close games this past season and with the addition of Howard we take a few more of those close games. I am not saying Houston is a championship team right now just because of Howard. That will depend on Houstons next move this offseason

In a way it'd be nice if you were right. I miss the dominant big men of the 90's.... but I don't think you are. G.S. would have been better for Dwight. Less touches, better shooters around him. He could have focused on rebounding, blocking shots and tweeting. He's good when you don't need him to be good. He's not a pressure player, but I think you'll understand what I'm saying soon enough.

Personal note: I'm not trying to mess w/ Texas. Not stupid enough for that.

Rhino

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way it'd be nice if you were right. I miss the dominant big men of the 90's.... but I don't think you are. G.S. would have been better for Dwight. Less touches, better shooters around him. He could have focused on rebounding, blocking shots and tweeting. He's good when you don't need him to be good. He's not a pressure player, but I think you'll understand what I'm saying soon enough.

That's what I love about sports boards. I like getting the normal fans take on things. Your good Bro. It takes A LOT to get me going.

But, I think Howard is exactly what Houston needs. He is going to draw a lot of double teams which will give Chandler a lot of 3 point looks and open up the court for Harden. If the Rockets keep Lin then his game will get a lot better.

ThaHandyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I love about sports boards. I like getting the normal fans take on things. Your good Bro. It takes A LOT to get me going.

But, I think Howard is exactly what Houston needs. He is going to draw a lot of double teams which will give Chandler a lot of 3 point looks and open up the court for Harden. If the Rockets keep Lin then his game will get a lot better.

Harden & Lin (Lin especially) are slashers, I would hope he doesn't clog things up. You're right about the double teams and freeing up open shooters. I could see HOU getting another shooter or two to play into that more.

I also find it funny that I criticize any teams' moves when I'm a Bucks fan. We just signed Zaza to 3/16 and now have Zaza, Larry, Henson, Udoh, Ayon, Ersan and Gooden all frontcourt players when we really need a SF.... lol.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're hating him because we are all closet Rockets fans, and we know Houston wasted all that money for nothing. I feel bad for Harden/Parsons. The moment they're out of the playoffs, Howard is going to A) Cry for a new coach, or B) Cry for Anthony.

If you get offended please don't post about me bring A Suns fan. I know we suck, but it's getting tired when other fans get upset when I speak the truth and have to resolve to speaking the ever so recognized ... "Well you're A Suns fan, you're team sucks... Blah blah blah".

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen a little town with 5 million people in it.

1287329-you_mad.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my favorite posts of the day. :10: Houston fans will be disillusioned with Dwight long before the All-Star game and I guaran-damn-tee ya that McHale has major, major concerns going into this thing.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

images

ThaHandyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite posts of the day. :10: Houston fans will be disillusioned with Dwight long before the All-Star game and I guaran-damn-tee ya that McHale has major, major concerns going into this thing.

Speaking of McHale, with him, Yao and Hakeem you think he would accidentally learn a few post moves. You give him a few go to moves down low.... with his size and athleticism... scary.

Rhino

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden & Lin (Lin especially) are slashers, I would hope he doesn't clog things up. You're right about the double teams and freeing up open shooters. I could see HOU getting another shooter or two to play into that more.

I also find it funny that I criticize any teams' moves when I'm a Bucks fan. We just signed Zaza to 3/16 and now have Zaza, Larry, Henson, Udoh, Ayon, Ersan and Gooden all frontcourt players when we really need a SF.... lol.

It will be a change for the Rockets with Howard there that's for sure. Harden is actually a good 3 point guy and will get more looks out there. The Slashing will slow down because when the give howard the ball they will want to be all set up outside making their opponents commit to a double team and leaving a parameter shooter open or letting the one on one happen down low. And it always sounds great on paper I know. lol

We're hating him because we are all closet Rockets fans, and we know Houston wasted all that money for nothing. I feel bad for Harden/Parsons. The moment they're out of the playoffs, Howard is going to A) Cry for a new coach, or B) Cry for Anthony.

If you get offended please don't post about me bring A Suns fan. I know we suck, but it's getting tired when other fans get upset when I speak the truth and have to resolve to speaking the ever so recognized ... "Well you're A Suns fan, you're team sucks... Blah blah blah".

I am a Texas boy. I have to have feelings to get offended. lol

Howard is Howard. Everyone knows if it does not go his way he is going to cry. lol No matter where he plays.